– ATTENTION ALL CONSTITUTIONAL & PARLIAMENTARY EXPERTS
In Reply To
Win a Prize!
The officers of a Local Union executive committee are made up of ten elected members: President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Financial Secretary, Treasurer, Warden, Conductor, and 3 Trustees.
Sometime before the start of a regular schedule meeting both the president and vice president resign, leaving the two officer positions vacant.
On the day of the meeting the recording secretary, financial secretary and one trustee were absent, leaving only 5 executive committee members present for the start of the meeting. The meeting is attended by 130 members and they are unaware of the vacated positions and absent executive committee members.
1. Who open’s the meeting and what should that person say?
2. How are the vacated officer positions filled?
3. Who should record the meeting minutes?
4. Who is in charge of the Local Union the next business day?
(Note: Please explain your answers. The above example resembles Monday's LU 157 meeting.)
All you legal eagles and future UBC Leaders, answer all of the below questions correctly and