– Re: MANDATORY ARBITRATION UNDER THE UBC CBA's
In Reply To
Faced this a number of times and is currently part of a combined effort on two seperate fronts at the board which if successful, provided its not buried there, goes to the heart of this issue.
Ted you said: Arbitration - by chosen insiders which the UBC hand picks is the chosen way to go - as they can then control the decisions & clearly use it as a means to "run the clock", that being the stautory 6-Month Timieline to file charges for Violations of the NLRA.
Can I prove this part of the act was violated?
Well, -If a mob paid delegate who's voice on the NLRB issue at hand was transmitted by a slew of racketeers at the council by an act of willful negligence thats one thing.
If those racketeers were the final word as to a grievance going to arbitration, therfore in a one to two month period of time this decision is reached, well within the six months AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE PLACE, NOT YEARS LATER- WALTER MACK CRITICIZED THIS )
I ask what would they do with the process of mutual aid & protection if they never did act on it by the time the statute ran out ? THIS I BELIEVE IS WHERE YOUR COMING FROM, Please clarify me if I'm wrong.
UBC & NYCDCC: AT ONCE
WE DEMAND AT ONCE TO BE AFFORDED PROTECTION BY OUR REPRESENTATION IN THE UNAMBIGIOUS RULES & PROCEDURES AS EXEMPLIFIED BELOW BY OUR BRETEREN OF IBEW. CLEAR & CONVINCING ACTION THAT MOBSTERS OR MEGELOMANIACS LIKE McCARRON CAN'T RAILROAD THE NLRA WHEN MEMBERS UNDER SECTION 7 EXERCISE PROTECTED ACTIVITIES FOR MUTUAL AID & PROTECTION.
SPELL IT OUT ! NOT JUST WHEN TRAINING STEWARDS AND CASUALLY BRINGING UP THE SUBJECT OF WEINGARTEN. THE UBC & NYCDCC MUST ACCOMPLISH DUE NOTIFICATION TO THE MEMBERSHIP WHEREIN UNION LAWYERS, GRIEVANCE COMMITTEES, BUSINESS MANAGERS & REPS, REGIONAL DIRECTORS, THE I.G. AND ALL WHO'S DIRTY LITTLE HANDS TOUCH THE PROCESS ARE PROTECTING THE MEMBERSHIP AND NOT THE COMPANY. ONLY WHEN A MEMBER IS DEAD WRONG IN FILING CHARGES MUST YOU KEEP HIM FROM JUSTICE.
The UBC & councils must tell membership: In order to best protect yourself as a member and the Union itself from CBA violations of any type with clear & hard evdence the utilization of the NLRA's content will be ensured.
No punting here: THE PROCCESS WAS MANIPULATED BY UNION OFFICIALS AND A LAW FIRM.
REAL SITE GUYS, CHK IT OUT
Rights and Fairness of Labor
"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men to capitalize their labor."
--Frank Lloyd Wright
This page is dedicated to those of you who are willing to take the challenge of leadership by accepting the responsibility of representing your fellow union members.
The goal for the month updates that will be provided here, is to encourage stewards to feel more secure about their status and to provide legal tools to help stewards fulfill their duty.
IBEW Local 1613 Contract with KCPL IBEW Local 1613 Contract with ECU
In Adobe Acrobat Format: To view you must have Acrobat Reader installed.
IBEW Local 1613 Contract with KCPL (incl. Wage Appendix) IBEW Local 1613 Contract with ECU
The IBEW International Constitution, Courtesy of Carl D. Cantrell, 10th District.
On-Line Steward Manual
1. Rights and Responsibilities of a Union Steward
Signing Up The Non-Member
Answers To Objections About Joining The Union
• Political Activist
• Welcome Committee
2. Establishing Yourself In The Role Of Steward
3. New Stewards Take Note
4. Goals Of A Union Steward
5. Listening to Others
6. Nobody's Perfect -- 20 mistakes that shop stewards make
7. Ten Mistakes A Steward Should Never Make
8. Make Sure That Members Know When To Ask For A Steward
• When Questioning by the Boss Could Lead to Discipline... Ask for a Union Steward
9. What is a Grievance?
10. Past Practice Issues
• Can Employers Change the Rules in the Middle of the Game?
11. Get It in Writing
12. The Grievance Interview
13. Handling Grievances
14. What Does "No" Really Mean
15. Writing a grievance
16. Resolving Issues Early
17. Dozen Points on Grievance Presentation
18. Ten Rules to Prepare Witnesses for the Grievance Hearing
19. Seven Ways To Lose A Winning Grievance
20. When the Member Doesn't Have a Grievance
21. The Disciplinary Interview
22. Preparing Discipline Cases
23. The Steward's Role at a Disciplinary Hearing
24. Documenting Discipline: What the Bosses Do
25. Insubordination - A Dozen Questions to Ask
26. How Can They Make My Life Miserable?
27. Important Labor Laws
• The most important law for U.S. workers is the National Labor Relations Act.
• Description, questions, and answers on Weingarten rights
• Family and Medical Leave Act
• American's With Disability Act
• The Duty of Fair Representation, Memorandum
…..Other On-Line Steward Resources
• Law Journal - For up-to-date legal headline news.
• Are Accidents Waiting To Happen On Your Job?
• US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
• Department Of Labor
• Occupational Safety & Health Administration
Home Page | News & Notes | Event Calendar | Links | Picture Album
The future depends on what we do in the present.
TED THIS IS FOR YOU;