strategy for building a better stronger union

strategy for building a better stronger union

madmanmoe
I find it amazing, that when employers were not required to provide medical coverage, that we had damned good insurance. Now that it will soon be mandatory for all to have medical coverage, ours has gone to shit. More insulting is that retirees are having to layout large sums to keep coverage and can pay out over $6500./yr in uncovered costs that just a yr. or two ago would have been unheard of.
 We always attracted new members with our wages, benefits, and better working conditions.
 If our leadership doesn't wake up and mobilize the members,and stop giving back at contract negotiations, we are doomed.
 Not only must that be done, but a massive amount of organizing of the nonunion sector must be done as well, by whatever legal means possible. Not just the "low hanging fruit" but all the major nonunion outfits and the Mom and Pop outfits as well.
 Those sitting at the top need to realize that our funds need to be used wisely, and not hosting lavish parties, or expensive golf tournaments, where it is alleged all the shady deals are made. Nor should we be freely donating our funds to charities and politicians who are more than eager to take a handout, but forget about us after election time or when it comes time to renovate.
 Brothers and Sisters please,
 WAKE UP AND DEMAND MORE FROM OUR LEADERS !!!

Silence = Death

Re: strategy for building a better stronger union

Peter J. McGuire
The way to get more from your union is to take direct action at your jobsite.
Leaders represent members
Be a leader.
Pjmcg
speak truth to power

Re: strategy for building a better stronger union

intown
put out some ideas. what do ya want to do

Re: strategy for building a better stronger union

Ross
I'm with you. This is union, our insurance. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the explanations that don't really seem to respect that fundamental fact. There is a reason that we have created this insurance.             We work for it. Why don't you get it? Aren't we on the same team?

To all the people who work in the offices....if you are not with us.....you are against us. We make things. Real things. Your job is to make sure that we are covered. If you dont start to get that, we will let you go. We should be for each othter. If you have something to say....say it!

Re: strategy for building a better stronger union

Peter J. McGuire
The benefit give back is world wide. Corporations are deciding our futures. Do many remember the business roundtable of the seventies, they are 200 strong today? Your strike is a call to action. Get the support of the public. We are all sick and tired of greed. Get involved in the organizing ongoing.
pj mcguire
speak truth to power