inside carpenters

snapper
anyone know when they will have new contract for inside carpenters?? and what is their rates

Re: inside carpenters

inside
they will never do that and split up the members……then the OWL would have to tell you its in or outside work and no one would take inside work…..would you!!!!!

Re: inside carpenters

Daniel J. Franco

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think snapper is referring to >shop< carpenters and the Manufacturing Woodworkers Association of Greater New York Collective Bargaining Agreement, aka the MWA CBA.

The last related info provided to the membership that I know of is: 'NYC CARPENTERS REACH DEAL WITH MWA THAT RESTORES BENIES AND HEALTHCARE', posted Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 9:50:00 AM, located at at http://nycdistrictcouncil.com/nyc-carpenters-reach-deal-with-mwa-that-restores-benies-and-healthcare-1.aspx. See also, MWAGNY's website at http://mwagny.org/.

Also related but currently includes no info beyond a title is: 'Ratification for Miller Blake Inc Memorandum of Understanding', posted Friday, January 17, 2014, 1:13:00 PM, located at http://nycdistrictcouncil.com/ratification-for-miller-blake-inc-memorandum-of-understanding.aspx.

If anyone else has any further info regarding these matters, in particular the actual CBA's, please share.

On Mar 26, 2014 9:16 PM, "inside [via A Mobilized Membership Is An Irresistible Force]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
they will never do that and split up the members……then the OWL would have to tell you its in or outside work and no one would take inside work…..would you!!!!!

http://a-mobilized-membership-is-an-irresistible-force.984137.n3.nabble.com/inside-carpenters-tp4028539p4028567.html
To start a new topic under A Mobilized Membership Is An Irresistible Force, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from A Mobilized Membership Is An Irresistible Force, click here.
NAML

Re: inside carpenters

mike
If you want to know something try your local meeting its the only place where you get correct information
not

Re: inside carpenters

not
which local do you belong to?
You get no information at my local, I got tired of listening to bullshit for 3 hours and learning nothing, so I gained 3 hours a month by skipping the useless meetings.

Re: inside carpenters

in town
join local long island union 157 located on hudson street. they will give you lots of info
not

Re: inside carpenters

not
I am in Local 157, the meetings are not informative at all.

Re: inside carpenters

in town
chit try sitting on the o w l  while paying dues so those guys dont have to go on the o w l

Re: inside carpenters

Five Aces
I am in Local 157, the meetings are not informative at all.

Yes as well

Re: inside carpenters

mike
if you ask questions they get answered many questions are not the locals to answer .If you ask for a motion to be brought up at the delagetes meeting go to the delagates meeting and see if its brought up .You can only get satisfaction if you put the time and energy into it.It is our union and apathy is one of our enemies.

Re: inside carpenters

Five Aces
Yeah if your satisfied the issue dies @ the delegate meeting.

Know why I say that because it happens. The council will not consider anything it doesn't want to hear.

Re: inside carpenters

Mr. Spock
We, as carpenters work under many different contracts, it all depends on the employer. Some contractors belong to associations like the Wall and Ceiling, General Contractors Association(G.C.A.),  M.W.A., cement league and so on. If you aren't of this you are probably relatively new in the business or you don't get involved. All of these contracts are posted on this website or you can ask your shop Steward. Many of our stewards don't have a clue because they don't go to meetings or inform themselves on what is happening in this union. If your steward has no clue of which contract you are working under he is a steward in name only, he's only a steward for the purpose of getting off the list faster and is most likely the biggest penis licker on the job. If you can't get answers from your steward ask for the council Reps phone # and call them directly or call Paul Capurso(347) 835-2861 Paul is the regional manager for the rep center. I would say the council rep may have to get back to you with the correct information as most of them don't have a clue either.
     The bottom line is get yourself informed, do your homework cause no one else is going to do it for you. This website is a good source of information with exception of some of the idiots chatting on the gang box.
    Back to your question, you need to be more specific because there are House carpenters that work for the building or tenant that also work under different contracts with different rates and benefits.
    Peace Out,
               Mr Spock