independent concrete contract

31 year man

Re: independent concrete contract

disgusted
you have 30% market share, you should hang your head in shame. Lets get more money and less jobs, bury your head in the sand. You sound like RichardDorrough.

Re: independent concrete contract

steward
We need more jobs,less concessions.billionaire developers are making out like a bandacts.they also get tax concessions or tax deals on the propertiies  they acquire.it is about time our members stand up to a better contract and better deal.All members should get involved,the word should get out to bring attention to these atrocities being put up to the membership.it is a race to the bottom,a total disgrace to all hard working men and women who are good union workers.that is why they should of done away with plas,too many backroom deals,it should been stopped along time ago.it is about time we should stand up and demand what the worken man wants,a decent pay,a decent pension,decent annuity,long term good benefits,and decent life insurance for there familys ,incase the unexpected happens.going backwards does not solve our problems,it will only make it worse and continue until the contractors will control everything.the voice of the working man deserves justice,especially with the cost of living going up.take all these matters seriously,because we are in for a big fight and battle to all survive.stick togerther and do not back down to what u have been working hard for your whole life.in solidarity a caring steward.

Re: independent concrete contract

carpenter
we have 30% market share, got any quick fixes, lets hear them, oh buy the way not every developer is a bilionaire

Re: independent concrete contract

30 yr guy
30% market share you want a quick fix ?? Start by firing ed McWilliams him and his organizing department have been a complete failure from the start ,another of the many ford holdovers who is grossly overpaid and still has a job at 395 !!!! And they will all get another raise this year as they tell us we need to work for less likely

Re: independent concrete contract

Ethics
Weak.

Have New York Carpenters Forgot the lessons of our fathers before us  in the union, so soon?

You deserve the union you ignore, for being pussies and not forcing the hand of those that are robbing the food off your tables.

                       http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/11/07/labor-union-violence-in-america-a-brief-history/

Re: independent concrete contract

And Dirty Doug giving the house away to his cronies while lining his pockets will NOT get you market share. You will not recover market share because you suck. Nobody wants to join your Union and your attempts at extortion like the Carpenters Reward program or giving developers our pension money is a failure. The fact is you steal from and abuse your own members. Your fearless leaders, the spin less beetch McCarron and now next in line fast Frankie Spencer the other spin less beetch, are robbing your pension funds. Like the 237 million in pension funds he forced into Blackstone one of the ten biggest holders of Tesoro stock for a Terminal that will not be built.Your not getting more money or more jobs so STFU. It amazes me that ignorant f..ing UBC morons who know so little always talk so much.

Re: independent concrete contract

STFU
PUNK !!!

Re: independent concrete contract

steward
It is incrediable to recognize the gains and sacrifices workers had to make to better union conditions back in the days.Some of  our members should stop and think that concessions work a little bit,but at the same time it is mking us all go backwards.

Re: independent concrete contract

The 99%
The biggest problem we have is that there were two classes within the carpenter’s union even before this contract came along. You had the guys in the field paying the bloated wages at the District Council. Does anyone honestly believe that it is a coincidence that they are hiring five more reps at the same time that they are pushing through the worst contract in the history of this union?
How many delegates have been promised those five spots do you think?
How many delegates sold us out for the promise of a council job? How many delegates who are already council hacks sold us out to protect their cushy jobs? Go to the council website and see how they voted for yourself.
They already had their B rate carpenter at 50 dollars an hour, now we have a C rate carpenter at 35 dollars an hour in our union, and that is who we have to compete against. How long before the C rate carpenter shows up in drywall? Anyone think that he will not be in the Wall and Ceiling contract that expires in June? Anyone truly that deluded?
We have only one good contract negotiated at the District Council, the reps get two raises every year, three pensions, paid vacations and a company car and we get paycuts and are told we are not worth the wages we used to get. Welcome to the full service union where we work with our partners (the contractors) to undermine wages at a jobsite near you.

Re: independent concrete contract

disgusted
I was at the 157 meeting and that sell out Tommy Mckeon was trying to sell his kool aid on the new scab union local 212. Bitch was crying that we all have suffered under PLA's but unless I am mistaken, while we were taking paycuts in the field, Tommy boy was smoking pot with Mike Forde and giving out concessions like they were a good thing

Re: independent concrete contract

Ethics

Re: independent concrete contract

Ethics
Hahahahaha

Re: independent concrete contract

stewie
is this the contract with the a b and c carpenters with the c rate carpenter on 23 dollars an hour? are the council reps they are hiring to police this contract getting a big paycut too? are we going to have a b and c rate council sell outs too or are all the real bums still going to be overpaid?

Re: independent concrete contract

Ethics
District council pay has NEVER decreased, only increased, in ANY district council. There has never been a demotion, only complete separation from employment- for district council employees/members. It was changed in the UBC constitution and bylaws by McCarron and company.

You either do what you are told and keep your mouth shut- or you are out.

Re: independent concrete contract

Ethics
Hahahahaha Hahahahaha

Re: independent concrete contract

Sneaky Pete
why does everyone keep complaining about what reps make? i just got the job for christs sake

Re: independent concrete contract

sneaky pete
sneaky pete dropped all pretenses at the last delegate meeting and voted wholeheartedly for a PLA. No one was surprised when Joe Geiger listed fatboy pete and his butt buddy Anthony Castallano as making the final 9 for the 4 available positions. No doubt pete will enjoy visiting with his mentor and idol Doug "fuckin a" Mccarron

Re: independent concrete contract

Kaiser Soze
you should hang your head in shame cause your a fucking retard. We have thirty percent market share because of no ball pussies like you. Do what your told fucking mutts I bet your a fat fuck steweard who always winds up on those long jobs and produces very little. Watch out that you dont hit your head to hard while your under Geigers desk blowing him cause you dont want to injure yourself cause you gotta service eddie mcshitbag after that.
NYC

Re: independent concrete contract

NYC
.......and the rest of the exec board ta-boot!