email sent to Ballantyne & D. Walsh re: Delegates to NYCDC

email sent to Ballantyne & D. Walsh re: Delegates to NYCDC

Donny Arana
February 17, 2011

John Ballantyne
395 Hudson Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY  10014

Dear Sir and Brother,

I am a member of Local 157 since the dissolution of Local 608 on 12/14/2010. I hereby request a list of all current delegates from all the constituent local unions of the New York District Council of Carpenters.  I acknowledge these Delegates are currently in place for informational purposes only, pursuant to the supervision imposed by General President Douglas McCarron on August 09, 2009. I previously made a similar request at a regular meeting of Local 608 which was not complied with.

While some of the delegates from the former Local 608 were elected, some were appointed. Having attended previous nomination meetings, I have witnessed members nominated and subsequently elected unopposed. It should be noted that at these nomination meetings, a climate of fear and intimidation was created by the rare attendance of former EST Michael Forde in concert with the then current leadership of Local 608. Their acts at these meetings effectively eliminated any opposition to their nominated candidates. As you know, the same leadership has since been indicted, plead guilty, jailed and/or removed from their positions due to the events brought to light since the imposition of the supervision.

I also request that it be specified which delegates were elected and which were appointed, and who made the appointments as reflected in the corresponding meeting minutes.

Respectfully Submitted,

Donald Arana
(516) XXX-XXXX

Cc: Review Officer Dennis Walsh

Re: email sent to Ballantyne & D. Walsh re: Delegates to NYCDC

411
I have to ask, you x out your number when you post the email you sent to Ballantyne, yet your phone number is on the flyer posted on the main page of this site. What gives?