decent decree

dockbuilder
Does any one know where I can obtain a copy of the decent decree?

Re: decent decree

Donny Arana
Mr. Dockbuilder, on this website, top, left corner go to search box powered by Google and type in "consent decree".  Some info will come up, click on it and the consent decree will appear.  It is a long doc with many pages.  Read it a few times, it's worth the time.  It will educate you big time.  If you have a hard time retrieving it, email me at aranacrew5@gmail.com.  Leave me your e-mail and I will email you a copy of it.  Good luck..    Donny Arana

Re: decent decree

tester
ORATION: MADNESS OF LEARNED PROFESSION

"The Pleasant Madness of the Learned Profession"

 "But let me be most foolish myself, and one whom Democritus may not only laugh at but flout, if I go one foot further in the discovery of the follies and madnesses of the common people. I'll betake me to them that carry the reputation of wise men and hunt after that golden bough, as says the proverb. Among whom the grammarians hold the first place, a generation of men than whom nothing would be more miserable, nothing more perplexed, nothing more hated of the gods, did not I allay the troubles of that pitiful profession with a certain kind of pleasant madness. For they are not only subject to those five curses with which Homer begins his Iliads, as says the Greek epigram, but six hundred; as being ever hunger-starved and slovens in their schools- schools, did I say? Nay, rather cloisters, bridewells, or slaughterhouses- grown old among a company of boys, deaf with their noise, and pined away with stench and nastiness. And yet by my courtesy it is that they think themselves the most excellent of all men, so greatly do they please themselves in frighting a company of fearful boys with a thundering voice and big looks, tormenting them with ferules, rods, and whips; and, laying about them without fear or wit, imitate the ass in the lion's skin. In the meantime all that nastiness seems absolute spruceness, that stench a perfume, and that miserable slavery a kingdom, and such too as they would not change their tyranny for Phalaris' or Dionysius' empire."
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1509erasmus-folly.html

Re: decent decree

BKLYN
Such heavy reading late at night huh? Sure is relevant when you see the way the UBC tries to scare its own members into not speaking their minds.