corruption destroys

Disgusted 1456
After 30 years in this business I never thought I would see the day when I called the hall and the only one left was Ollie Olson. I didn"t even know he was a rep. Whats happenened to the dockbuilders as well as the other locals is unbelievable. These locals have been around for a long time and it took only a couple of years and a few crooks to take them down. Thomasson gets $200,000 in pension while his son gets convicted by the council of stealing over $250,000 in pay for time he was paid for and did not earn. You think his father wasn"t involved. How about Thomasson"s secretary who got arrested for stealing funds with council credit cards that Pete was in charge of handling. Mike Koballa gets convicted and fired for taking money he should not have. He had to pay back $15,000 and got fired. But he went to work the week after on a rig in North Jersey, I wonder if he went off the list. His son is still in the council. Charlie Harkin is out on disability collecting a bundle as he is being investigated for multiple issues. He won't be back. John Harkin retired with $150,000 per year pension. Gary Shelton retired with $150,000 pension.
What a bunch of bullshit! The average dockie, carpenter or timberman with 30 years in the local and who broke his balls working his whole career is lucky if he gets $3500 to $4000 per month. Why should these crooks get this kind of pension money and WE PAY FOR IT.
I hope all the damage can be repaired in time and bring these locals back to what they were for our children and all the young people. As for me I have had it. My body can't take it any more. I will retire in a couple of months with $3600 per month. And they say crime dosn't pay. You could have fooled me not one of these guys are indicted.

Re: corruption destroys

Donny Arana
Tell it like it is brother.

Re: corruption destroys

retired
We should go back when all reps of the locals were elected not like today when 1 person Charles Harkin gets to put anybody he wants whether relatives or not in a union official post. This is dead wrong. It breeds corruption. What contractor in his right mind would want to sign up with us after all the bullshit that is going on in the council and all the locals. There are so many new rules in place it is making it to difficult to get good men and run a job in an efficient way. Besides it seems every time you turn around one of our BA's is either getting fired or going to jail.
owl

Re: corruption destroys

owl
THE UNIONS HAVE BEEN INFILTRATED THEY ARE BEING DESTROYED FROM WITHIN
ALOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WHO DONT LIKE THE UNIONS
JUST LIKE THE U S GOVT HAS BEEN INFILTRATED BY THE MUSLIMS.THEY TRIED TO USE IMMIGRATION TO KILL THE UNIONS .UNION GOT SMART AND GAVE THEM UNION CARDS WITH AFFIRMITIVE ACTION