contract

everyone
why cant we forgo junes contract and wait a year until things get better. if we sign now we will be tied into a bad contract for many years. freeze the contract for one year and stay with what we have now and then take a look at the work situation one year from now. the contractors do whats best for them why not us.

Re: contract

bill lebo
I agree with you100%. The contractors want to negotiate with McCarron I believe because they feel he'll give them whatever they want. They're probably right. Unfortunately, while we're under trusteeship the UBC has the right to negotiate and sign the contracts. The only thing stopping them at this point is the court order regarding the manning issue (67-33). The contractors want full mobility. According to John Balantyn that's a fact. They can't do that without the RO, the Government, and the court's approval. My impression of Judge Berman from the other day in court, is that's not going to be an easy task. Even getting it past Dennis Walsh is going to be difficult because he wants them to come up with a way of policing the jobs so that the company employees don't become "indentured servants of the contractors. It will have to be corruption proof.

Re: contract

everyone
if our union can break the current contract by giving back our $2 15 cents that we were intitield to then why cant we change this aspect of the contract and entend. just a question. is our next contract 3, 4 or 5 years. i am sure it will be what the contractors want.