contract negotiations update(should be unbiased)

contract negotiations update(should be unbiased)

Member
Hey john at least post the whole story not parts of it.
1.Full mobility with only nycdcc members 50/50 with all outsiders 15% increase
3. .35 cents and hour raise all year trade off for the two 1/2 day holidays
4. Two man jobs is the option to use nycdcc labor and benefits stay here,  Instead of the currently used 2 man international agreement which is ubc outside labor and no steward.

Re: contract negotiations update(should be unbiased)

15% raise minus the 20% paycut
1. we pay for that 50/50, walsh is either going to apply for an extention (if we do not approve full mobility) or he is going to put himself on the labor managment committee, he cost over a million dollars last year and labor managment would ensure he maintained that salary into the future, and it is the carpenters alone who foot the bill.
2. give up the only two paid half days we recieve in exchange for making the raise look real, take away the 35 cents, and the 2.13 we were owed and the fact we have not had a raise in two years, and it is a phoney 12 dollar raise over seven years.
3. the bulk of the business reps time is spent policing two man jobs, with the labor managment which comes along with this, it means that we will be paying somewhere in the region of $3,000,000 a year to allow the contractors to man their own jobs with who ever they like. why not just put that $3,000,000 into the funds and look to other ways to get our members work.
the end result is that we will be paying $3,000,000 a year to walsh because walsh appointed his puppets bilello and lebo in the council. these three clowns (walsh,bilello and lebo) have almost bankrupted the counci in six months, these three clowns are constantly reacting to their fuck ups and since walsh is afraid that the council will not be able to afford him after all the money he cost us, he wants the job at labor managment.)
4. the raise is not real, the paycut on a pla job is 20%, there will be more of these and the 20% is right now, not over seven years. if this contract goes through, you will be making less in five years than you are making now. the raise is fake, the paycuts are real. 15% raise minus 20% paycut equals 5% paycut.

so to put it all in one sentence, the contractors would like to give us a 5% paycut in exchange for full mobility which will cost the carpenters another 2 to 3 million a year to oversee. unbiased enough?