consent decree

another member
It was brought up at the forum that Walker is here to bring a foreseeable end to the consent decree.
Many members voiced an opinion that they do not want to come out from under the consent decree.
What I would like to know is what would members want in place to change this opinion.

Re: consent decree

bill lebo
What most don't seem to realize is that the NYCDCC agreed that the  purposes and objectives of the Consent Decree are forever even after the DC is no longer under the Consent Decree's supervision.(Purposes and objectives meaning keeping organized crime out of the union and that the council and its elections be run democratically).

Re: consent decree

another member
The UBC withdrew its attempt to bring even more representative democracy to NYC.
What happens when the courts are not directly involved?
To me this was a strategic withdrawal rather than an admisson of defeat.
They simply do not want this comprehensively outlined by the courts. I think that it should be brought up in court.
What I want to know is for what other issues do we need guidelines written by the court to stymie the UBC?

Re: consent decree

listman
guidelines written by the court to stymie the UBC?

"R.O."

Re: consent decree

listman
Pearl St. should never have settled in 94

Re: consent decree

Levi
    I noticed that the double talking John Ballantyne was all for the forseeable end to the consent decree and seemed surprised that people didn't agree. This underscores the notion that he is completely out of touch with the NYC carpenter. As I understand it the consent decree is here to stay unless some underhanded trickery from the UBC and their new Dictator of Operations NJ State Trooper Walker can impose their will.

Re: consent decree

listman
The Decree at a point in time is to be  lifted. The principle is that we can run our union. If we are not as McCarron thinks, too stupid to accompish this, It will only be lifted when the RO gives every indication to the Gov't the place is clean & functioning properly. I'dlike to see it not lifted anytime soon but if the RO feels , he will suggest vit be blifted

 It is not forever though it could be if the RO sees set back after set back.  And the next RO experiences the same thing. There will be a day in the not to distant future the RO has accomplished what he set out to do and it will be lifted.