christmas eve / new years eve

29 YR MEMBER
well here it is  ,got the answer from our EST himself, the members get screwed out of 2 days pay . I'm told that the .35cents you were suppose to get to compensate these 2 days wait, wait listen Is rolled in to are raise already .So lets see I was also told that the language of the .35 cents was taken out of the contract  . so now I' m telling all the members  YOU HAVE ANOTHER 2 DAYS OFF WITHOUT GETTING PAID .I'm sure the foreman will get paid the EST said . IF THEY WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT GETTING BENIFITS PAID INTO THE COUNCIL WHY WOULD THEY SHUT ANOTHER 2 DAYS OUT

Re: christmas eve / new years eve

Jack Meoff
 I am confused are we no longer working Christmas eve and New year's eve or we are no longer getting a 1/2 day. If we are no longer working that means 12,000 men at 8 hours times 2 equals 192,000 hours not paid into the funds, who is the brilliant leader of ours that agreed to put this into the contract. These morons got to go.

Re: christmas eve / new years eve

29 YR MEMBER
yes  no men are working , it is now  a holiday  no pay except for foreman  . i'm told that the .35 cent was part of the pay package ,which is bullshit  .the real reason is the employer's did not want to pay for these days .cause they figured they were not getting production .  yes more man hours lost at the council with the report that there was only 16 million man hours reported for the year ,you can now subtract those numbers that you added up .why is it that no rep/or delegate seems to no what the contract actually states including are est who is truly a politician when he cant even tell me if foreman get paid for these days and says it depends on which contract your talking about ? holidays are holiday sand the contracts state that foreman get paid holidays . brothers and sisters watch out whom you vote for in the up coming election for est .our next contract will go through that person  WE THE MEMBERS DEMAND THAT ALL CONTRACTS BE RATIFIED MY THE MEMBERS AND ONLY BY THE MEMBERS. WE THE MEMBERS ARE TIRED OF CARRYING THE COUNCIL. THE STRENGHT NEEDS TO GO BACK TO THE LOCAL LEVELS WHERE THE MEN ACTUALLY GET INFORMATION AND KNOW WHO TO TALK TO ABOUT JURIDICTIONAL PROBLEMS AND BE ON A ONE AND ONE LEVEL .THE COUNCIL DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT US ALL THEY THINK ABOUT   IS COLLECTING MONEY OFF THE BACKS OF THE HARD WORKING MEN /WOMEN . OH YEA, IF YOU HAVE'NT  HEARED THERE IS NO LABOR DAY REPENSENTATION FROM THE DISTRICT COUNCIL BILL WALSH IS ORGAINIZING THE STEWERDS AND WHOM EVER ELSE WANTS TO GO . FUNNY THE CARPENTERS LOCAL 608 STARTED HE PARADE IN NYC  WHAT A SHAME GOD BLESS ALL

Re: christmas eve / new years eve

gorm_98
On Last New Year Eve, we didn’t got chance to celebrate this occasion with family members. But this time I am at home to celebrate with my loved ones. Does anybody know about best nye party nyc?