Who is monitoring our NYDCC temp disability fund? What a Disgrace!

Who is monitoring our NYDCC temp disability fund? What a Disgrace!

Mach40
I have been out of work since before Christmas due to ACDF surgery where they took a bone from my hip and replaced a disc in my neck with it. Home immobilized in a neck brace I filled out all the paperwork and had fedex pick it up and sent to the District Council. This was 30 days ago. I know they received the paperwork cause it was signed for and I called to make sure. The women Kathy on the phone told me it would take 10 days to process and I would get something from them in the mail. I have called 4 times where they wouldn't even let me talk to who was dealing with the paperwork and was told I would receive a call back that day which naturally never happened. This is now over 6 weeks. Who is supervising what is going on in this department. Considering the amount of money we put into this department this is something that should not happen to me or to any of our members, especially in a time of need. This is a Disgrace.

Re: Who is monitoring our NYDCC temp disability fund? What a Disgrace!

Accountability
So,another disappointed member. This will not change, and has been going on for a long time. When I retired in 2008 I went to the DC to straighten out  the truth about my pension. I was passed on to 3 different people to answer my question, all in the pension dept. There is no accountability or reprimand that takes place. It was the same on the job when they sent men that had no skill or willingness to learn or produce.
   I'm afraid this is true today. Dues are most important! Ever wonder why unions have shrunk in number over the years? Certainly no fault of their own................right.

Re: Who is monitoring our NYDCC temp disability fund? What a Disgrace!

need help?
What local are you in? Local 157 has a sick fund if you belong to the local, the paper work is a bit of a pain in the ass but its worth getting it done. The paper work is there to try to prevent fraud and protect the members. It helps pay the bills. If you're not a local 157 member check with your local.The Disability from the council hasn't been raised in 20 years, still $400 per week. But their salaries sure have. Check out the LM-2's

Re: Who is monitoring our NYDCC temp disability fund? What a Disgrace!

Steve McInnis,      President
This post was updated on .
Does anyone ever read the fine print in a contract anymore? The paper you signed when you joined this union gave us the right to take your benefit money and do with it as we see fit! Sure, our salaries are paid out of your contributions, but if you actually believe we work for you, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you!
Personal conduct by us, is what it is. ACCOUNTABILITY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do you think we have time for that? It is just one big party at the NYCDCC!!! Keeping track of all of the bullshit paperwork is just that: bullshit. While you workers and retirees waste away worrying about the petty crap that make up your miserable lives, we party! OUR JOBS ARE SECURE!!!!

We don't have to worry about  anything! You can't fire us, so why should we care? We pretty much sit around all day figuring new ways to make CBA and PLA deals with the NYC contractors to lower your wages, increase your deductions, and reduce your benefits while taking more and more of your payroll contributions! We increase our salaries whenever we feel like it! The general president even begs congress to provide ways to fuck you retirees over faster and more thorough! So when you post your misery here on this forum, it only gives us all the more reason to laugh, at your expense of course!

REMEMBER: we make the rules. And when we feel like it, we change those rules to OUR benefit. You can try to get relief through our kangaroo court system, but we run that shit too.
You can try to use the federal legal system and all of it's token departments of rule and law, but as Dennis Walsh plainly exposed over a period of almost 5 years, we run that shit too.

So the next time you feel like complaining about the system we have, come see me personally. I'm the president of local 157. I will personally give you the attention you deserve.

Fraternally yours,

                                   Steve McInnis

Re: Who is monitoring our NYDCC temp disability fund? What a Disgrace!

nycdcc
 I'm the president of local 157

Hey rip van winkle;

Been a while since you received a nycdcc newsletter, or have taken the initiative to know who the DC execs are.

Re: Who is monitoring our NYDCC temp disability fund? What a Disgrace!

retirer 157 steward
What possibly could your ?be. I early retired went down there and had no problem.Ask them about short or long term disability .to the disabled brother if your able I would go down there you should ,I hate to say it but your not the only person in the union that has a problem.I'm not sure but I think you might be able to collect your pension for the time your out look into it.If your totally disabled apply for ssd and when ig goes through you get your pension plus your s/s good luck