What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

123456 ... 8

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

bill lebo
Great let the UBC run your local. Your just begging for trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't just place you back in trusteeship your just asking for it John.

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Donny Arana
My mistake in wording my post. I meant thu ubc will "officially" announce larry is gone. Mike B is currently Pres and Gerry G is V.P.

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Richard Dorrough
A much as I enjoy letting Nee run his mouth and make an ass of himself lets play the trump card. According to Carpuso whose actions are clearly intended to cover for Elawrcne and Pat Nees intentions are.... well the same lets pop their bubble. Nee and Carpuso says that they have to nominate a President Pro Tem and VP just for the meeting or they could not have a meeting. Nee admits there is nothing ni the Constitution that allows this so Carpuso invoke 32d because it was the only thing close to cover the "situation" which is imagined by Nee and pure BS from Carpuso.
  John.Email Ballantyne and say thanks for your help but we dont need your ruling the Carpuso "meeting only" crap is pure garbage and regardless why he invoked 32d he did so and allowed the members to vote. Bilello is Pro Tem and Gausman VP and we ask you to reprimand Capruso for not knowing the rules to run a meeting.
  We know the reasons they gave that  that they MUST put in a Pro Tem President and VP or not run a meeting given by Nee and Carpuso  is pure crap and their ARE rules dictating this.

    UbC Constitution page 88 Rule 5"All questions of a parliamentary nature not covered by these rules shall be decided by Roberts rules"

 Roberts rules on running meetings. ANYBODY can run the meeting and be designated chair and ANYBODY shall be designated secretary. Got it Pat. ANYBODY. That is dictated in the rules called Roberts Rules talked about in Rule 5. So 32d because it was close to suit the situation as Nee claims is pure Bullshit. This shoots in the ass the claim that only a President and Vice President can chair the meeting to facilitate it. It is pure Bullshit as well.The financial Secretary should have taken over as Chair and ran the meeting as would occur in any other Local UBC or not because as part of the named Eboard of the local he was next in line and it happens all the time.If however members objected a vote could have been held by the members "not under 32d to elect a President Pro Tem" but to elect a CHAIRPERSON for the meeting under Roberts Rules.Caropuso than would have stepped aside.

 Therefore to invoke 32d was uncalled for and regardless he did  allow a vote under 32d. Caropuso did so because as usual UBC Officers do not have a clue and even though he did so out of ignorance he still did it. He elected a Pro Tem President under Section 32d and the President, who immediately assumes power and is not sworn in 30 days from then as with NORMAL elections,filled the vacant office of VP with Gausman. End of story Bilello is Pro Tem President now and should be running local 157 Now and Gausman is VP NOW. Our Pro Tem President at Local 370 was denied Office for 30 days by the council rats who did not want him in. The UBC VP Benjamin Glenn ruled that a pro tem officer takes command on the spot after he is elected. The 30 days rule only applies to regular elections so Bilello is in charge NOW.

 Who is the idiot now little Patty Nee

Bill Lebo you should not be surprised by this. I mentioned to you the other day they were claiming Bilello was not Pro Tem Pres and were trying to run a scam.Thats why I asked you the questions I did.

 John Call Jim Brady and consult and then email Ballentyne not for a ruling but to file a complaint against Caropusos actions

Re: Motions

Tomas Pain
Mike look agitated at people speaking out of turn. I though he was obnoxious for a moment.  You can't hear shit, people mumbling, give me a break Mike.  + he was quick NOT to take John's motion.  Why?  He is that sure on the ruling?  obnoxious.  BUt still better than that jerk D'errico.

Re: Motions

listman
Just marginally better than the old insn't good enough !

stop the messenger

Mike Bilello fer EST
 This guy Mike Bilello is the best guy we have we better back him 100%. This is our last chance brothers and sisters. Let not mess this on up

Re: stop the messenger

Jerry Flattery
I worked with Mike for many years. He is one of the good guys lets all back him or we are done as a union.

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Richard: As always your comments are very well thought out, insightful and make a lot of sense.

Pop Quiz: If Lawrence is not present at the April meeting, and as Donny Arana has posted, "The UBC will officially announce Larry is gone," is Bilello President?

I do have an answer.

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Go Johnny Go - Chuck Berry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMY5VGYh2Go

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Richard Dorrough
What is the answer John

Pro Tem President/Chairman

Daniel J. Franco
Pro tem only lasts for one session. A session may consist of one or more meetings. However, our sessions are completed in one meeting.

Read the following to understand pro tem president/chairman duration, in order of precedence, see:
1) LMRDA, TITLE IV—ELECTIONS, Terms of Office; Election Procedures, SEC. 401 (a) through (e). See http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/statutes/lmrda-act.htm and http://www.dol.gov/compliance/laws/comp-lmrda.htm .
2) UBC Constitution:
1. VACANCIES IN LOCAL AND COUNCIL OFFICES, Section 32 A through E. See http://franco1.info/UBCJA/UBC_Con_2006.pdf . These sections in the 2010/40th GC Edition are nearly the same as the 2006/39th GC Edition, with the exception of 32B which states, “When vacancies occur in any elective office of a Local Union or in the position of delegate to a Council from a Local Union, the President of the Local Union may appoint a qualified member to fill the vacancy pro tem, until such time as an election is held to fill the vacancy. When a vacancy occurs in any elective office of a Council, the Executive Secretary-Treasurer of the Council may appoint a qualified member to fill the vacancy pro tem, until such time as an election is held to fill the vacancy. If no Executive Secretary-Treasurer position exists or such position is vacant, the President of the Council may make such pro-tem appointment.
2. PARLIAMENTARY RULES. Rule 5. All questions of a parliamentary nature not provided for in these Rules shall be decided by Roberts' Manual [Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised (10th Ed.)].
3) Robert's Rules of Order. CHAPTER XV, OFFICERS; MINUTES AND OFFICER' REPORTS, §47. OFFICERS. Elected Officers. Temporary Occupants of the Chair. 3) An elected chairman pro tem. If neither the president nor any vice-president is present, the secretary–or in the secrtary's absence some other member—should call the meeting to order, and the assembly should immediately elect a chairman pro tem to preside during that session. Such office is terminated by the entrance of the president or a vice-president, or by the election of another chairman pro tem. If the assembly is to elect a chairman pro tem to hold office beyond the current session (in the event that the vice-presidents are unable to preform their duties for that length of time), notice must be given at the preceding meeting or in the call of the meeting at which such election is held.

Re: Pro Tem President/Chairman

Dan: I moved your post here, Try answering my Pop Quiz question. I will have more to say of the subject later. Great job, you provided very good information.

Pop Quiz: If Lawrence is not present at the April meeting, and as Donny Arana has posted, "The UBC will officially announce Larry is gone," is Bilello President?

we support MIKE BILELLO

Jerry Flattery
We all need to help mike right now. Before it's to late. stop being such a cynical critic he is the best we have. The members backed him at the meeting and we will continue to back him.

Re: Pro Tem President/Chairman

Richard Dorrough
Brother Franco. As you know I have great respect for you and you are intelligent. So I have to wonder what you are doing here.
you make the statement that "Pro tem only lasts for one session" but offer nothing to prove it. What you posted as evidence not only does not confirm your statement it denies it.
  You tell members to go to the LMRDA Section401(a)Section to understand pro tem and chairman duration. Not only does Section 401 a-e have nothing to do with Pro tem the phrase appears nowhere in the entire web link you gave. Unless my windows page search is broken the word chairman appears only once in the entire page in any section. So did you post the wrong link??

   Second the only change to 32B between the 39th and 40th edition bylaws is that it gives the president the right to appoint council delegates as well as local officers and is also irrelevant to this issue and what happened at the meeting.

  Then you move to Roberts rules. The section quoted clearly says you appoint NOT a pro tem President but a pro tem chairman. That was not done. Roberts rules were not used.32D was. So again what you posted confirms nothing and proves that a Pro Tem President was not to be appointed but a pro tem chairperson which it further declares could have been anyone. I see you have chosen not to post the many other Roberts clarifications regarding this issue that show the next officer in line could and should have run the meeting and that anyone can be chairperson to run the meeting.
  The facts are that Carpuso had no need to invoke Section 32d. If he did not want to chair the meeting or the members objected he would have had the members elected a PRO TEM CHAIRPERSON for one meeting just as your post of Roberts states and NOT a PRO TEM President as was done at the meeting. Since the issue of the Office and elawrence was not decided he had no right to elect anybody under 32d as President Pro tem because the office was not vacated. But he did anyways and now Bilello is protected under the Pro Tem rules and UBC Constitution. The meeting did NOT require a President or Vice President to run but a CHAIRPERSON to take place and that could have been anyone.
     One of two things is going to happen. One.Bilello is Pro Tem and if Derriicoo is not out for good he must fight the events of the meeting to get his job back. Two. The UBC and Carpuso are going to continue this scam and Billeo is out and you already have a NEW President of 157. Lets watch and see the end result

Re: Pro Tem President/Chairman

Daniel J. Franco
Rich, before I "spell it out", I just need to verify, your response to my 'Pro Tem President/Chairman' post was not a joke and you're not arguing for the sake of arguing, correct? Also, do you have a copy of RONR (10th ed.)?

Re: Pro Tem President/Chairman

Richard Dorrough
Before you spell it out Dan I need to know why you would, make such a statement?? "was not a joke and you're not arguing for the sake of arguing" Is it because I dont agree with you on Pat Nee and suddenly we have a problem?? Is it becuase And before you spell it out beware the end result on the Bilello issue. And yes I have Roberts rules so spell away

Also. Dan.My questioning what you wrote cannot be the reason for your tone. It seems we have an issue so make sure you spell that out too.

Re: Pro Tem President/Chairman

Daniel J. Franco
My questions to you actually have nothing to do with Pat Nee or anyone else. It has everything to do with erroneous information and logic.

Re: Pro Tem President/Chairman

Richard Dorrough
erroneous information and logic .In your opinion??? As I said watch the end result but please spell it out

Re: Pro Tem President/Chairman

Richard Dorrough
At least unlike the little rat you have credibility and If I am wrong Ill will acknowledge it
123456 ... 8