What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

1234 ... 8

What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

There has been no official word or information posted on the New York City District Council of Carpenters website pertaining to Review Officer (“RO”) Dennis Walsh, investigation of organized crime influence over the affairs of the District Council, its affiliated local unions and members.

Informed sources say there will be an announcement Monday pertaining to the RO's investigation.

In the event that everything I have posted about the RO's investigation is accurate and the list of individuals netted in the RO's new phase of investigation pertaining to organized crime is accurate, Monday's Local 157 meeting will be very challenging.

Let me ask a question to the forum.

If in fact Local 157 President Lawrence D'Errico and Vice President Anthony Pugliese have resigned, according to Section 32 D of the UBC Constitution, the Recording Secretary shall call the meeting to order and those present shall elect a President pro tem.

Section 32 D states: "In the absence of both the President and the Vice President, the Recording Secretary shall call the meeting to order and those present shall elect a President pro tem."

In other words, if I read this correctly, the members present at the meeting would nominate a qualified member or members for president pro tem, and the members present would vote and elect a President pro tem. The President pro tem would then appoint a qualified member Vice President pro tem to fill the vacancy, until such time as an election is held. In this case that would be the regular scheduled executive board election in June 2011.

Also, in the event that President Lawrence D'Errico, and Vice President Anthony Pugliese have not resigned, but have either refused to sign the RO's declaration and/or received a veto letter, and have the audacity to attend the meeting like nothing has happened, we should make a motion and demand they resign immediately.

They should also recuse themselves from any participation in selecting and electing a President pro tem, and turn the meeting over to the Recording Secretary.

In the event they refuse to recuse themselves the members present should boo them off the dais like a bad act until they resign.

Do you agree with my assessment of the situation?

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Donny Arana
Your right on the money, John.  Here's another scenerio thou.  Monday, March 21 Spencer announces Trusteeship or supervision of 157 and puts an end to all this democratic talk. "you know where I'm coming from".  That's how they roll.

Bilello President 157

AFFR
Mike Bilello was elected President of local 157 by the members present at the meeting tonight.  Go Mike.  EST NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Pat Nee
Well  I was not expecting that, a vote was called to make someone pro tem president  for the meeting. Biello was chosen and picked Gausman as Vice-President. Lawrence Derrico is still president, this was just for the meeting.
Apparently we do the same thing again next month if Derrico is a no show again.

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Richard Dorrough
No you dont. Despite any nonsense Caropuso said Bilello and Gausman are in office until an election is held to fill the vacancy's. Once voted in pro tem and then VP chosen pro tem they have the same rights and protections under the LMRDA and UBC Constitution as a regularly elected officer as of last night. They are not chosen just for the meeting

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

bill lebo
Rich is right. Mike will hold the office Pro Tem until such time as an election can be held. Since the regularly sceduled election is in June there's no point in holding a special election before then, it would be a collossal waste of money. That has been the past practice. It happened in local 348 years ago.

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

anonymous
unless derrico returns... that's still a possibility at this point?

A question for Mike B...

Fudd, Elmer
Mr. pres, how do you feel about Mike Zemski? i was wondering if you were considering him for a spot on your future DC slate and if so why? As it comes up can you please tell us a little of your proposed slate (as it becomes one) so we can make an informed decision? Thank you brother. The way I vote will depend on this openness and I think for others too it will be important.

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

anon
He was at 395 gathering some stuff....he should know when to retreat, he's history, the RO would not have vetoed his employment without concrete proof....resolve his issues, that's a fairy tale....never more , never more

You guys really have to listen to what was said. The pro tem appointment was for the meeting only. Biello is going to be allowed to sit in on the Eboard meeting as a gesture of goodwill. He is not the pro tem president, Derrico is still President. It was explained before the vote.

Walsh has not vetoed Derrico, he sent Spencer a letter of possible action against Derrico.

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Richard Dorrough
You should really know what the rules are. Your accepting that they can make up the rules are they go along.Who cares what they said.THEY DO NOT MAKE THE RULES. You CANNOT exercise 32d unless it is to FILL A VACATED Office. Dericco cannot come back.Bilello is the full President NOW and he will call not be at the E Board meeting as a guest he will preside as President.Bilello is President now and will be until an election is held to fill the vacancy. If they told you he was to be President until the cow jumped over the moon would you accept that because they said so??What are you saying last night was a sham. "We are allowing you to exercise 32d but only under our conditions"?? There are no conditions

Re: A question for Mike B...

bill lebo
I don't think Zemski will be an issue he was vetoed wasn't he?

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Richard Dorrough
If he is not the Pro Tem President than how did he appoint Gausman to fill the vacancy as VP??

Motions

Pat Nee
I made a motion in the February meeting  for local 157 to hire legal counsel to petition the court to have the Council classified as a local as defined by the LMRDA.
Unfortunately most could only hear what I  was saying.
What Capurso told me was that nothing had been done on this issue due to Derricos problems.
So what you heard was me telling Capurso that I thought that was unacceptable. That if Lawrence was unable to take care of the locals affairs that he should step down.
Capurso told me that he would bring it up with Lawrence when he was available.
I asked what happens if Lawrence does not become available.
Capurso told me that there was nothing he could do if Lawrence was unavailable, that Lawrence was the President and if he was unavailable then nothing would happen.
Biello was upset that I did not address the chair.
To put this as mildly as I can, I was trying to get a serious flaw which eats at this union addressed and if me addressing the people who should have been able to answer my questions rather than asking the Pro Tem President to ask Capurso for me, was upsetting to Mike Biello, I think that could only indicate a very poor sense of what the real issues are.
The real question that arises out of this, is of what value are all these motions members are making, I mean, what happens afterwards, is it a case where you get a good feeling because you think you started the wheels in motion to correct something, but in fact all that occurred was nothing?
That you might as well have made that motion in your own living-room for all that will be done on the issue?
I was talking to a couple of lads today and apparently if you make a motion at a local level, it gets read at the Delegates meeting, and what then we asked him? I don't  know was all he could give us.
I mean if you look at the half assed supposed explanation of dues and the supplementery pension on the NYCDCC website and consider that that is the half assed response to Dan Francos request for information. Or read Spencers supposed letter of condemnation of Mike Forde. There is such a disconnect between our so called leaders that I can only call it appalling.
I have stated before that I think locals are useless, but are they in reality  much worse, are they a place where members   blow off steam and think they have done something, but have in reality just been duped?
Is there anyting achieved in a local meeting? Ever?

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

listman
"For the meeting only"

 How does an eboard function on motions passed last evening without a pro tem pres & vp position till the next meeting.

Re: Motions

608steward
Didnt Local 45 pass a motion to recoup money or punish Mike Forde? That seemed positive to me. Im sure other members can name things that have come out of motions passed.

Re: Motions

Pat Nee
So you made the motion, what happened as a consequence? What events took place as a result of your motion?

Re: Motions

what do you expect?
Billello thinks he will be king for life. Ask him how he feels about former 2287 BM Mike Zemski. As recently as the RO forum he was still saying Mike is a great guy and a genius. This was AFTER he was told how 2287 has been driven to near bankruptcy by the actions and inactions of the former BM in question and his buddy pissante. If this is one of the people billello thinks is good for the Union, how can he be trusted to make the tough decisions? I warn you folks...ask billello the tough questions (like who he supports) before standing behind him. He may have many good qualities but if he thinks incompetence ,poor work performance and showing up to work at 9 and leaving at 2 are good things then  hes not the guy to get behind. Ask him how he feels about various peoples work ethic and results. This will tell you if he is really on the ball or full of crap.

Re: What Will Happen At Monday's Local 157 Meeting?

Pat Nee
I am sorry Richard, would you mind explaining where in this it says that the pro tem will serve until elections can be held?

D In the absence of both the President and the Vice President, the
Recording Secretary shall call the meeting to order and those present
shall elect a President pro tem.

I see nothing about the pro tem selected under 32 D holding office for any stated period of time.
The rule simply  states that in the absence of..........  Nothing about vacancies.
 I will give you this much Richard, you have an ability to be wrong which is unmatched by anyone I have ever met.

1234 ... 8