WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS" or "GRADED WAGES"

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS" or "GRADED WAGES"

http://www.carpenterspnwrc.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Wall-Ceiling-Final-1.pdf
Also, Go to: www.nwcarpenters.org

Examples of Contract Changes there...Coming this way May 16th via BERMAN & BTEA?

NW WALL & CEILING - UTILITY WORKER Wage Scale (not an apprentice)
1st 6-months   $17.83/hr
2nd 6-months  $19.61/hr

GEE, THANKS DOUGY, NOW WE CAN AFFORD TO LIVE UNDER THE TRIBORO BRIDGE....SOMEDAY, LIKE GEORGE & WISEY WE BE MOVIN ON UP TO THE G.W. BRIDGE
SENIOR DRYWALL UTILITY WORKER $21.40/hr  (60% OF YOUR CURRENT PACKAGE)
Journeyman Rate is: $35.66, Foreman $39.23 Eff: 6-1-10 to 5-31-12

RULE CHANGES:
 - Mandatory Annual Training, or no Wage Increase per CBA
 - OT, M-SAT Double Time After 12, instead of after 10
 - Private Jobs $500k or Less = 85% of Journeyman Wage Package
 - Eliminate Zone Pay = Full Mobility
 - Eliminate Travel Time, Regardless of Distance to Project
 - When put up on Company Camps...."Camp or Board Lodging" Paid @ $3.00 /Day (yeah baby...company housing again - yee ha!)....What about the Company Store you ask....they failed to elaborate on that??
 - Weekend Travel Home...they will pay for Toll or Ferry with documented receipt(s)

THINK IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE? THINK AGAIN!___________________________________________________________________________
Doug McCarron always selects a weaker area of the nation within the UBC & experiments with UBC Rank & File givebacks to the Contractor Associations, and when he gets away with it in one or two Councils - watch out, because it will soon become "critical" to the survival of these "SOPHISTICATED REGIONAL EMPLOYERS, GC'S & SUB"....

MANDATORY SKILLS FORMS & A ONE YEAR "IRREVOCABLE ASSIGNMENT" of: (actual text)

I____DUMB-ASS____________(print name) assign to the ____DERANGED COMMIE'S & LONER's CLUB; Douglas J. McCriminal-McCarron, PRINCIPAL____________(fill in Council) from my earnings, a sum equal to the Unions Membership Dues. Assessment’s, and Initiation Fee (the Union will notify my Employer of the current amount). I authorize & direct my Employer to deduct such sum and to remit the Money to the Union Monthly.

This Assignment is irrevocable for One (1) Year from this date or until Termination of the Labor Agreement, whichever occurs first. This Assignment shall be renewed Automatically, for successive 12-month periods, unless the Union and my Employer receive my written Notice of Termination of this Assignment not more than twenty (20) days and not less than ten (10) days prior to renewal of the Assignment.

This Authorization is effective regardless of my status as a Member, Non-Member, or "Financial Core" payer and applies regardless of any Future Resignation of Membership on my part.

I hereby authorize the UNITED BROTHERHOOD OF CARPENTERS AND JOINERS OF AMERICA to act as my collective bargaining agent in dealing with my employer in regards to wages, hours, and other conditions of employment. All previous authorizations made by me are revoked.

Signature____________________________________Date_______________

You gotta love the new category (model) for Reduction in Wages which will be part of both Doug McCarrons & BTEA's pending negotiations, via the slick insertion (apparently unchallenged out West) of the "SENIOR DRYWALL UTILITY WORKER", "WALL & CEILING UTILITY WORKER" & the appropriate reduction in wages & benefits that it affords.

Note - these are not apprentices. This modeling, if not challenged will be brought forth to other areas of UBC Trade autonomy & you can bet the Contractor Associations will be pushing for many new categories of "Helpers" with reduced wages & benefit packages in all Councils, as the stage has been set to break the Unions through the extended recession.

Bare in mind that in order to be paid, you shall sign the above agreement and that it is tied directly to your ability to receive unemployment benefits.

BLacks Law 8th Ed: irrevocable, adj. Unalterable, committed beyond recall. Assignment:; 1. the transfer of rights or property

R.O. WALSH - THIS ONE IS FOR YOU....ARE YOU FAINTLY AWARE OF COMMUNICATION WORKERS OF AMERCIA v. BECK?  i.e. "BECK RIGHTS"

Are you aware of the basic's for "CONTRACT LAW 101"? If so, please review the above proposed "Skills Form" and Please LINE OUT each & every sentence from it wherein Doug McCarron & this ex-Judge Berman intend to violate the Law here in New York.

This is a "no-brainer" for a sharp attorney like you, appointed by the Courts to protect the Workers Rights here in the great State of New York. The second to last sentence is "FACIALLLY UNLAWFUL" as per NY State labor Law & Supreme Court precedent.

"This Authorization is effective regardless of my status as a Member, Non-Member, or "Financial Core" payer and applies regardless of any Future Resignation of Membership on my part".

The above violates NLRA Section 8(a)(3), Beck Rights, RTW Law, NY Labor Law and is indicative of "bad faith" on the part of the UBC INTERNATIONAL & their PAID SPOKESMAN FORMER JUDGE CONBOY.......the only thing left out here was the assigment of your first born child to the "master".

DO NOT TURN A BLIND EYE TO THESE PRESSING & PATENTLY OBVIOUS ISSUES OF CORRUPTION @ THE UBC INTERNATIONAL. MCCARRON & HIS COHORTS IN CRIME HAVE BEEN USING UBC MEMBERS MONIES FOR 16+ YEARS TO FILE SUIT UPON SUIT, UNTOLD MILLIONS HAVE BEEN SPENT (MEMBER MONIES, NOT DOUG'S) ON LEGAL FEES FOR HIM TO SYSTEMATICALLY END RUN THE NLRA & THUS NEGATE THE ACT, ALBEIT, IN PIECEMEAL FASHION.

The hug-fest which went on in open Court on April 6th needs to end.

Time to start being a Lawyer & standing up to the Criminals @ the UBC International. Did not see or read in the Transcript anywhere within the Kangaroo Court session one area where you put the UBC in their place, or where you made any reference to or citation of relevant case-law. (NLRB, Appellate Decisions or Supreme Court precedent/landmark decisions)

ANYONE EVER SAY NO TO DOUG? THE MEMBERS HAVE, SO WHEN WILL YOU?

Rather dissappointing so far

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

Levi
    What do these utility workers do? Specifically.

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

Everything a Journeyman does, less the 40% kickback in wages & benefits (seriously).

This is all but a slight of hand by the UBC & Contractor Association, part of the UBC Corporate-CEO Master Plan for re-distribution of your wages & benefits and conversion of same to the Profit Column.

McCarron & his biitches - "WINNING"

Take any Project you've ever been on, less those with inept Foreman, Supers, Architects & Engineers etc.....the ones underbid out of the Gate & awarded to inexperienced or unqualified GC's & Sub's.......rid those from your mind.

For those properly designed, estimated/bid & awarded to competent firms (both sides of the fence), the fact is the man-hours are the same (less unforseen conditions, addendum, Bulletin & Change Order Work.

In the end, the man-hours do not increase - they stay the same within normal parameters. In the end what has changed........your Net Take Home Pay & the Contributions in your Name to the Benefit Funds. Same holds for all other Unionized Trades in the BTEA.

CUFTA, NAFTA & CAFTA wreaked havoc on the manufacturing & industrial base of firms doing business in the USA with American workers. 60% + of materials comes on from the nations benefitting from our Politicans (both parties) selling the American worker down the river, to third world former hellholes. Owners, Developers & GC's have pushed this end hard in the past 20-years, so now they turn to Labor.

Our Productivity has consistently gone up. To increase their margins, they turn to those perceived to be the weakest. Will the International Rep's & the 38-Council EST's & the BA'S & Organizers take the same hit they propose for the Rank & File?

Not on your life. In fact, their wages shall continue to climb unabated - after they execute the BTEA & UBC Master Plan to screw you & yours & the guy next to you etc.

Ever been out on a job with a group of Inspectors on a large Public Works Project, with the CM's & their crack Inspection Teams....doing the Dog & Pony show on a full size Mock-up of a Fire Rated Wall (a system)? If so, you probably have seen those same clowns insisting on having the screw counting session for each sheet of drywall....where the genuis'es then pull out their 'tapes" to measure the S.P.O.C. of the screws....if so, then you know exactly the type individuals proposing this crap.

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

Desi Bravo
I agree this has to be challenged and the District Council do know about these changes.
The irrevocable assignments does it mean that a carpenter fills it out and have work for one year and thats it. :)

This is amusing how the BTEA calls it a fair game. All journeyman prevailing wages dropped?

Let me add something here that most carpenters do fail to see when the District Council endorsed Mayor Bloomberg to office, he promised to render all work within City limits to the District Council carpenters to  work. Instead, what i have seen is this all were given to non-union workers. So the Mayor got the endorsement to screw union carpenters, but then we have to fill the mandatory skills form, I say the same thing the heck with that, we need to work thats the bottom line.

You may disagree with me but think about it.
Would it be prudent to lower the union wages if it means everyone will work that will lower the out-of-work list by at least 60%?

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

Desi

That argument fails. Remember, the politicians & the UBC Politicans & Contractor Associations have already made huge concessions on the PLA's.

The real culprit here, when discussing the wage gap between legitimate Union Firms & the Non-Union firms is two-fold:

A) The NYCDCC allowing alter-ego or double breasted Union Firms to operate in your Jurisdiction, with no corrective action to shut them down (strike-pickets, pull contracts etc) and;

B) The Non-Union sector using Union workers and the UBC & NYCDCC and BTEA signatories failing to take corrective action by removing, fining & expelling it's members who cross the line & go scab.

Past that lies the 1099 issue with the Cash Workers & the Illegal Aliens working on projects citywide that should be going to residents & union members of the Locals. The NYCDCC needs to work & move with the government to conduct raids on these projects, arrest company owners and to get serious with the jail time and length of sentences for those Owners exploiting the system, failing to pay workers comp, unemployment insurance, business tax & licensing, liability/builders risk etc. If you do not deport the illegals rounded up - what happens then? Simple, they show up on another such job the very next day.

The UBC political machine spews a lot of bullshit, propaganda and rhetoric designed primarily to convince you that they are hard at work protecting your rights & interests. Whether at the local level or at the Council level, it amounts to a jobs justification program for themselves, that is what they are selling at the monthly meetings & through the Carpenter Magazine etc - propaganda.

Once they have you Board that Train Ride (i.e. brainwashed you), they just hope & pray they can get to the next Union Election cycle and/or the next Political Campaign Election cycle for Mayor, Governor, Congress, Senate & Presdential Elections as that affords them with planty of material to distract you, pump up the troops with the rah-rah b.s., the door knocking, sign building, standouts for the Politicans like Bloomberg who come running to us for "endorsements". As soon as they get back in Office, they forget us & it is back to business as usual - and the cycle repeats itself.

We need legislation, coordinated stings, arrests, hard jail time & expulsion from our own ranks of the traitors who work for rats.

In a perfect world, the UBC Organizes all Non-Union carpenters (they sell this Propaganda regularly)....will that increase your yearly man-hours or decrease them? Think of it....normal NYC Construction market is $25-$30 billion per year. We're in a down economy now, say it is $16B per year....every project has "X" number of man-hours for UBC work in the varying divisions of labor...correct?

Ok, so we have 25k UBC members now, competing for 16-million man-hours of work.....on Union & Non-Union jobs.

Tonight, every non-union Construction Company Owner gets Struck by Lightning & they run to the Council & become signatory UBC & NYCDCC firms. They convert every Non-Union project in the city to Union Jobs, but they too bring 25k workers to the Table.

Now you have 50k Carpenters competing for the same 16-million man-hours of work.
Under the current structure of 67% Company & 33% Hall.....will you then receive more or less man-hours than you do today? Think about it!

This is why the UBC's never-ending ORGANIZING Campaign fails the test - it's bullshit and evinces nothing more than "Job Justification" for overpaid Council Hacks.

Our productivity, on time performance, quality & safety remain high. The Cost of Living remains high, both in the city & in the suburbs. Should you accept a 25% wage & benfit reduction under the false premise that it will produce one more man-hour of work, you are sadly mistaken - it won't!

What it will do is shift the numbers from the labor column to the profit column of the Corporations & the BTEA exacting the changes. It will then take you 10-15 years to recoup what you just handed to them & gave away. Meanwhile, back at the Local Grocery Store & Gas Station, at your mortgage company or your landlord - cost will continue to rise...Do you see any of the people or firms for which you have bills to pay offering you a 25% reduction on the payments due? Hell No.

If BTEA & the UBC enact and pass these Unilateral Contract Changes w/o any bargaining whatsoever - well, then it's time to shut em down & have a wildcat strike..every job in the city till they go back to the bargaining table.

What we need now is an extension of the current CBA for one-year under the current terms w/o rules changes or w/o wage & benefit cuts. If necessary, we extend it again. That gives us 1-2 years to get through the elections at the District Council, the Presidential cycle and get our own house in order (clean house, get rid of the dummies & the crooks) and bring in competent people from within the rank & file and outside of it.

The District Council is a business, albeit a Non-Profit one for tax purposes. We need to re-structure it, provide one man-one vote elections for all issues including the Negotiation of all Collective Bargaining Agreements - directly by the rank & file (up or down). We do not need a system of paid council delegates, paid council employees and hacks beholden to a Dictatorial EST for their jobs controlling your destiny or future or mine or anyone elses.

Once you have restored the NYCDCC back to the democratic core of the NLRA, once you restructure the rules and simplify them and restore order and accountability which the brothers & sisters control and have a mix of competent rank & file and businessmen from the Construction Industry whose wages & benefits & perks are tied to Job Performance and efficient operations, restoration of the fund - then you may have a shot at preserving this once great Union.

McCarron is selling your ass down the river - bigtime. So if we fail to get our act together, the UBC is all but done. That will leave us with one option - a Decertification Election (a right that should be set in Stone within Council Bylaws & Local Bylaws) to rid ourselves of his corruption.

The Benefit Funds are property, much the same as the physcial facilites and buildings and vehicles are property. You own said property. The UBC International does not. It is time to take it back. Without your dues, assessment(s) and the per-capita tax....all the monies exacted from your paycheck - the UBC International cease to exist.

That they hand out a "piece of paper entitled a CHARTER" for a Local, one with which you could wipe your ass with - does not negate your rights to the property, the physical facilities or the benefit funds and the monies in those accounts - yet that is exactly how Doug McCarron has re-structered the Union.....all property rights revert back to the King.

So the King comes in & cuts a bullshit deal to consolidate his Dictatorial Kingly Powers some more in collusion with the BTEA pencil pushers & desk jockeys and you wanna say, thank you Sir - can we have another?

We need Men who will stand up & fight to run for office, those who comprehend the larger picture.

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

Levi
   I agree with almost everything you wrote here Ted. You tell it like it is. But what do you mean by decertification? And I am opposed to expelling members(at least 1st offenders) only because it leaves them no option but to go non-union full time. Fines, mandatory picket duty and even completing a coarse in Unionism might be better in these cases.
   Your idea of extending our current CBA's would solve our big problem of outsiders bargaining in bad faith for us and buys us the time we need. I will pass that one on.Thanks.
   And for Desi, don't forget contractors have told us we could get more work if we did it for less our whole lives. My father and grandfather scoffed at the idea and so do I. The greed of these people can never be overestimated.

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

Levi - Decertification is a last resort. McCarron wants to shit-can the Consent Decreee ASAP, because the day after, he will move at Lightning Speed to consolidate locals and pressing forth with his dictatorial agenda.

Decertification means the rank & file hold an Election & vote to stay with the UBC or vote for a new "certified bargaining representative". I am not talking about the AFL-CIO or any union in particular. What I am talking about is removing our funds & property from his control, holding a new representation election, certifying a new bargaininig unit which comports with one man-one vote & all other base provisions of the NLRA which Doug McCarron has stripped away bit by bit over 25-years of filing Lawsuits in every Court in the Land - and by their buying & paying off the DOL, NLRB, Congressman, Senators & Judges to get their way.

The majority of lawsuits in which the UBC has prevailed are factually and legally wrong and 99% have never seen the light of day in the Supreme Court, as it is there where his game would fall apart - would not withstand scrutiny. Doug see's to it these suits never get there, lest he be overturned.

When Doug calls dissenters "deranged, loners & Commie's", that is his subconscious mind speaking of his own views toward himself. He is an arrogant, egocentric narciscist & a pyshcopath, much like his mentor Ron Tutor. He is a control freak and this is about the power trip for him. Lining his pockets is secondary to these ends.

Do you see the myth within the never-ending "ORGANIZING CAMPAIGN"? Do you see how this lie put forth to the members sells, but fails to hold water when analyzed in the simplest manner possible?

People think the wait on the OWL List @ 6,000+ men is a long one now....Imagine then were NYCDCC to have 50,000 total men with the same 16-Million Man-Hours of work available......

Hi, thank you for calling the NYCDCC OWL, YOUR CURRENTLY NUMBER 11,493. WE ANTICPATE YOUR WAIT TIME ON THE OWL LIST TO BE 83 MONTHS. HAVE A NICE DAY!

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

listman
170 Million here in NY goes into the Mc' Nat. Bank

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS" or "GRADED WAGES"

source: The UBCJA Constitution, effective, November 1, 2010 via the 40th General Convention, pg. 87

STANDING DECISIONS OF THE GENERAL EXECUTIVE BOARD

1887 - September 17. - Grading Wages is Demoralizing to Union principles and to the welfare of the trade and no Local Union  should adopt the system of grading wages.

________________

Funny,  Don Doug, the District Council EST Crime bosses as well as Local Unions via executing PLA's nationwide have been grading wages for years & pitting one man against another in all 50-states.

Any questions; see the above or read one of the PLA's executed (signed) in your District Council or Local Union.

Doug & his minions apply this routinely to the Wood Frame Industry as well as the Office Furniture industry; except, wink-wink when they pretend to look aside & force their double breasted / alter ego signatories to pay the higher rate in the particular city and then; wink-wink (front hand back hand, cash in the envelope) allow those very same Signatory Double-Breasted / Alter Ego firms to pay the reduced or lower  "GRADED WAGE" in the suburbs.

It's called 'racketeering'; re: as there is ample NLRB Board, Appellate Court & United States Supreme Court precedent decisions yet over-turned which make said practices illegal.
_____________________

Note: All UBCJA Officers, Agents, Trustees, Fiduciaries are guilty until proven innocent in a Doug McCarron Kangaroo Court of alleged UBCJA law; ahh, sh-it - I meant innocent until proven guilty in a court of competent jurisdiction / law; or are they?

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

robert m marshall
It's to hot, blame doug. We don't have drinking water, blame doug. The checks are late, blame doug. The foreman doesn't like me, blame doug. It's raining, blame doug. The Mets lost another one, well i think we all get it.

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

Ted
So, two things are obvious:

* You're not Robert M. Marshall and you don't need no stinkin knee pads. I suppose you want a trophy too, for Rat of the Year; you got my vote.

Next

Re: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN "SKILLS FORMS"

The Met's - seriously?