WAGE CHART

AMALGAdockster
Hourly Wage and Benefits Comparison Ours

Re: WAGE CHART

MUST READ BEFORE YOU VOTE
How is it that you are still paying .08 cents an hour to the UBC?  And will that deal be signed before NYC Dockbuilders vote for Amalgamated?  I always thaught the negotions started after nlrb elections.  Do you have a copy of the signature page of the contract singed and dated?

WHAT ABOUT THIS?

MUST READ BEFORE YOU VOTE
WHAT ABOUT THIS ITS YOUR WEBSITE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????AMALGAMATEDS PLAN FOR WORKING FAMILIES •"Our plan anticipates a reduction of total labor costs by 20-30%" WHY??? •"Amalgamated Carpenters will approve full mobility for contractors" WHY??? •"We will not shut down contractors on a weekly basis for non-payment of fringe benefits" Why??? •"We will replace defined pension plans with 401K’s" WHY??? "We have therefore developed our rules with the needs of contractors in mind." Why??? THE ANSWER TO ABOVE QUESTIONS IS EASY..TO ENRICH THE CONTRACTORS, LAWYERS AND ORGANIZED CRIME.. AMALGAMATED LIES "The District Council and the United Brotherhood of Carpenters have been moving toward eliminating the protection of vested pensions." "The District Council and the United Brotherhood of Carpenters have been moving toward the elimination of lifetime medical benefits." "UBC leadership has been lobbying to remove the proprietary rights of pensioners to keep their vested pension plans." "Amalgamated Carpenters will protect your pension" AND THIS IS JUST WHAT THEY PUT ON THIER WEBSITE.. IMAGINE HOW THEY ARE SCREWING WORKING FAMILIES BEHIND CLOSED DOORS http://www.amalgamatedcarpenters.com/engine/?page_id=10

THEY ARE ATTEMPTING TO DECIEVE THE MEMBERS TO GET THEM TO SWITCH.  THEN ITS GOING TO BE TO LATE AND THEY WONT BE ALLOWED BACK IN THE NYCDCC.   AMALGAJERK IS VYING FOR A JOB AND SELLING YOU GUYS DOWN THE RIVER.  THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS SO YOU BETTER ASK THE TOUGH QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU SWITCH.  FOR ONCE YOU DO, IT WILL BE TOO LATE.

Re: WHAT ABOUT THIS?

Dockbuilder
Obviously you didn't read the wage sheet. The council acts like they own us, we own the wages and working conditions, we fought for them for generations, all they do is take. We have asked the questions, the one your asking has been answered. This has nothing to do with the contractors, it's about the Dockbuilders. We will be able to vote directly on all contracts, unlike the mess we have now, we'll decide where to put our funds, not the council. We'll negotiate what's best for us.

Re: WHAT ABOUT THIS?

Dockbuilder
No deal will be signed before the vote. The Dockbuilders will decide who they want to represent them. The wages and working conditions will remain the same, we'll negotiate with the contractors. And then the members will vote on it, the way it should be. No delegates, no council stacked decked process, no assessments to fund programs that work against us. Why do you think the council wants us so bad, they don't want to lose the money and man-hours.  For the council it has nothing to do with representing Dockbuilders

Re: WHAT ABOUT THIS?

MUST READ BEFORE YOU VOTE
A COUPLE OF QUESTION;

1. You state, "The wages and working conditions will remain the same".  Then what will you be negotiating?

2. Have the contractors agreed, "The wages and working conditions will remain the same"?  That is always the main points that are negotiated.  What's in it for the contractors?

3.  How will you fund the Local, pay the bills?  ie. BA and Organizer Salaries, cars, rent, electric, insurances ect. ect,

4.  Are you guaranteeing the wages package will not be a penny less then you stated above?

Now take the time and answer each question please.

Re: WHAT ABOUT THIS?

dockbuilder
great questions, and appreciate that its about the issues for once

1) the wages and working condition will remain the same after the certification of the bargaining representative, until the new union begins negotiating on behalf of the members.  Meaning, the day after we vote to leave the UBC, nothing can change in working conditions and wages, until we negotiate a contract with the employers involved.

2) the contractors have no say in the matter, no one is negotiating any terms with the contractors currently, nor should we.  The contractors have agreed to nothing, nor should they.  This is about who represents you in negotiations.  We don't want to be represented by the UBC any longer, and when we certify ourselves as the bargaining representative, we will represent ourselves

3) Like any other local union in the country, through dues.

4) yes, not a single dockbuilders pay will go backwards, we will then negotiate forward.