United We Stand

Wayne Harley
Turner Cost. Perini, PCL,Hunt, czarnowski, and the list goes on. These companies are doing Multi Million Dollar jobs in Florida right now and not 1 Union man working there that we know about.I have contacted the Regional council in Florida for help to Organize this jobsite. I called the EST and Head Organizer (they are worthless) are doing nothing to help us in Florida. Our Local 1765 had 2000 members at one time, we are down to about 390. McCarron and his crew are salts from ABC, just think about it, why else would he build a corporate union it sure isn't for us the members. Join us at http://unioncarpentersfordemocracy.webs.com/ lets all Unite and take our Union Back
The Regional Council just got a charter to open a new local, another specialty local and I belive their intention is to close the doors on our Local 1765. They are a bunch of criminals help us stop their destruction.
Brother
Wayne Harley
LU1765

Re: United We Stand

Ted
When the cats away, the mice will play. Turner has always been double breasted. Perini should be signatory nationwide. Send a letter directly to McCarron on this. Also, go to Tutor Perini Corp's website for a better picture of them. They use TPC on the NYSE. Are they playing CM, GC?

Re: United We Stand

Wayne Harley
Perini is  Cm and Turner is GC and Mccarrons EST in Florida knows about it he just doesn't care, He gets his 152,000 a year. It is a sad time for all UBC members

Re: United We Stand

Ted
Wayne - Perini is signatory nationwide with the UBC, also under the Int'l Agreement & typically withim the std. boilerplate language of all UBC Contracts nationwide, embedded within the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) is language realtive to the Construction Manager (CM).

Typical CBA Language is as follows:

"Whenever any Signatory Contractor perfroms work as a management consultant, construction manager, developer, owner/builder or solicits bids from subcontractors. considers proposals submitted by subcontractors or coordinates work perfromed by subcontractors it shall be deemed to be a general contractor subject to the terms & conditions of this Agreement"........

Also, the UBC immediately after this speciufic language attempts to get cute with references specifically deleting the above (another words, playing it both ways) and tries to obfuscate the meaning of "manages, coordinates or controls" via semantics and plain bullshit - further Qualifying said Language with refences to the NLRA (to feign compliance with the NLRA where there is none).

Bottom Line Wayne is this - Perini Corp is now owned & controlled by Tutor-Saliba Corporation in Sylmar, CA, courtesy of Ron Tutor & Doug McCarron. Tutor, was, is & remains Doug's mentor & puppet-master. The new Publicly Traded Corporation is Tutor-Perinin Corp (TPC) & they are the largest Publicly Traded Construction firm in the Nation.

You guys need to file the appropriate charges for violations to the CBA with the NLRB & DOL....see where it goes & then also prepare to file charges over & above them with the Office of Inspector General & Dept. of Justice.

re: Our UBC CBA's all have built in provisions for Violations of State & Federal Laws & also contain severability & seperability Clauses for all such violations in the CBA which fail by their very nature-wording, phrasing (intentionally done) to comply with known Law(s).

TPC, and Perini as the CM on the Project you are referencing are most certainly violating the CBA and State & Federal Laws on top of it. Moreover, there is ERISA & EBSA violations as well as SEC Violations in what they are doing.

CM's approve all Contract Change Orders, engage with the Architect & Engineers of Record (A/E) on all design issues, change order work, Value Engineering Proposals, answer Addendum Q & A's, RFI's, Process & Approve Submittals and participate in Project Startup, Testing & Owner Training of all Equipment & Mechanical Systems and are also involved with Inspection, Sign-Off, TCO, CO & Warranty issues & concerns.

Point - by violatingg the law(s) at will, not only are they violating your CBA & the UBC Agreements, they are also de-frauding the Local Pension, Annuity & Health & Welfare Funds of monies & work assessments duly owed to members.

The largest Fraud of course is that to the workers such as yourself who are defrauded of a paycheck, benefits & are forced to standby & watch while they collude with one another & employ scabs & illegal aliens - most of whom are probably 1099'd!

You got some homwwork to do on your specific CBA, then in obtaing the specific Contract Language & General Conditions & Specifications for the Project whihc should be publicly available through the clerk of the works, or via an FOIA request.

You should file suit against them in the local District Court...if Federal funding is involved - then take it to the Federal Courts.

What is the Value & Duration of the Project? How many men is it anticipated to employ Carpenter wise, Union wise as a whole? Are there any other Union Trades outside of the UBC that you could confer with, do this jointly to spread the research & filings required for justice?

At a $152k, your EST is highly compensated for the market, particularly given that according to what you used to have member wise - he has failed miserably in retention. Were his salary & bennies directly tied to his perfomance & failure & reduced accordingly - he might actually do his damn job. Sounds like he should be run out on a rail to me.

bill doherty

Re: United We Stand

Wayne Harley
Thank You Brother for the information. We have been trying to bring legal action against the council and the EST Jerry Rhoades and the BA. I have filed charges against the council and the EST with the NLRB. We have also been in contact with the Inspector general, the OLMS. The Govener and our Senator. Hopefuly soon these criminals will feel the arm of our justice system. It is so slow moving but I am in it for the long haul. They have keep me out of work for the better part of the last 2 years.

Re: United We Stand

Wayne Harley
Please read this then go to our web site and join. Their is power in numbers we have grown from 1 to 24 members lets make it thousands. Then we will have a voice that carries.

Re: United We Stand

bill lebo
I don't know if he still is but McCarron was listed as being on the board of the perini corp in the late 90's and he got premium stock opions for his troubles according to perinins records.

Re: United We Stand

listman
He pulled himself off at one point or another, for distance sake I believe. Look what he's giving them today. A Complete non union work force in orlando.

If this isn't an example of a sweetheart deal I don't know what is !

THE CEO HE'S , - GOTTA GO !

Re: United We Stand

listman
Whats important is how many other mergers & acquisitions as a board member elswhere did he sit on and are oppossed to Union principals. Every breath he takes, - takes away from you.

Re: United We Stand

Ted
listman - take a lokk at Tutor-Perini Corp's (TPC) website regarding mergers & acquisitions of subcontracotrs. Tutor has long self-performed much of its own work with union carp's laborer's operating engineers.

Ron Tutor has taken it a step further taking over Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & HVAC sub's (MEP) and this mindset is what allowed them to porsue the idea of an Electrical Local under the UBC umbrella.

This is only the begining of UBC Expansion & Raiding of other Trades. Trust me, McCarron is not the braintrust of these ideas, Ron Tutor is & Doug is his 'sock-puppet'.

Once enough of these deals are consumated & differing Unions up & running under the UBC Umbrella (re: We have more Funds to steal nationwide than other trades, ala the Pension, Annuity & Health & Welfare Funds), Ron will direct Doug to start crossing trade lines (jurisdictional) ala the ABC model of running work sites.

You cannot simply deal with present matters - you have to organize decent rank & file UBC brothers to think outside the box and anticipate where they are going next.

We have cash workers, we have illegal aliens too, we have union brothers robbing us at both ends (corporate side & in the field)......what they don't have yet is the ability to use foreign nationals. RT is already behind the scenes working those details out through the likes of Senator Diane Feinstein & others.

Doug is along for the ride & does whatever the hell Tutor tells him to do - hence, the el-Stupido at the unscripted KC screwing of the Locals there. W/O a well written script before him & weeks of practice before a mirror - it's obvious he can't think on his feet.