UBC restructuring plan

Levi
   If anybody agrees with the following statement please forward it or send something like it to Dennis Walsh and Judge Berman. Speak out before it's too late.
       In response to the UBC's  restructuring plan, specifically the section containing the chartering of a new interior systems specialty local. This section  claims to be able to grow its' share of the interior systems market by raising the skills of its' members in that field.It also claims the existence of this local will allow for more effective collective bargaining negotiations. Finally they propose the death blow to our union by stating that they will seek to modify the job referral rules.
     Even when times are bad and market share is down our leaders have an obligation to represent our best interests. It is not in our best interest to modify the job referral rules to accommodate this new local. This situation is a breeding ground for corruption. Members will be under the thumb of their employer to such a degree that they will afraid to speak up about violations of any kind. God forbid a member has a falling out with his boss, gets injured, files a grievance, gets gray hair, doesn't want to work through lunch, can't stay for overtime, hails from a country his boss isn't fond of,or is seen at a union rally holding a sign against 100% mobility. And think about the members who don't have a hook with a company. After a short time on the list these members will no longer be members. They will become non union carpenters, but not like the ones out there now. They'll be trained, certified, skilled, angry, desperate ex-members willing to work for less. Ten years from now and more,many members will be cut loose from their career companies in their mid forties only to realize they have no hook and nowhere to go for work.Members with 30 credits will be extinct, and our pensions will be pitifully small. The funds will be flourishing while the members are floundering.That is not what a union is about.