UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

Richard Dorrough
ON Tuesday Night "Hatchet Jack" Garrison Showed up the the 747 meeting in Syracuse. Tom Garrison is a UBC ax man who sold out his Council and Locals In St.Louis. He then moved on to Oklahoma where just before the convention he was involved in the merger of the Oklahoma and Louisiana District Councils. They forced the merger of the Councils and took the healthy Oklahoma Pension fund and put it in with the Louisiana pension Fund the UBC destroyed.
     Garrison is now the Empire Councils assistant supervisor under the Trusteeship. He has already announced his plans to seize control of Local 370 in Albany. On Monday Night our members are being forced to vote in Local 370 bylaws with wording giving complete control of our local to the Empire Council or lose our charter. Local Officers Sowalski and Blacklock have been calling member to come vote on Monday. They are trying to influence their votes by telling them "if we do not pass these bylaws the UBC is going to pull our charter and dissolve our local".If the UBC has a right to impose bylaws on the Locals and Council as propaganda boy and the UBC claims  why does 370 need to vote at all. Why are they threatening to take our charter if we refuse to vote in bylaws giving the Council control if they are already in control?

  Garrison is going to take over our job dispatching,take over our job sites,take over our participation program,take over our market recovery program with no say of the membership and force 100% mobility.Regardless of the lying BS posted by the Rat Anon we have and do control these things at a Local level and always have.

On Tuesday Night Garrison showed up at the Local 747 meeting in Syracuse and announced that he and the council were taking over the 747 job dispatching,taking over the market recovery program,taking over the participation program and closing the Syracuse training center and selling their building. All training operations will be moved to Rochester and all instructors are dismissed who will not move to Rochester if offered.Garrison promised to build a new training center in Syracuse within three years. Which if true means a training center in Syracuse,The new NYC training center in Yonkers and one more yet unnamed location.

This rat bastard and the UBC have no right to do any of this. 747 is NOT under Trusteeship and the UBC has no right to waltz in and seize control of any local for no just cause.We are not aware of any plans yet by the 747 President or eBoard to retain council and fight this power grab. As we did at Local 370 the Local President should/must be asked to take money from the Local funds ,retain a lawyer and fight for the membership. At local 370 the new President refused and is waiting for the members to do it on their own. We are doing just that.

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

Ted
Good Post Richard. Do you have the mebership list from the last Election? If so, it would behoove you guys to get a phone bank going yourselves & contact the decent members of Local 370 to vote against the bylaw demands of the UBC International.

Without the consent of the body, via a secret ballot vote which also assumes the UBC made proper written notification to all 370 members in advance of their takeover efforts - the UBC will not have a chance in Court.

Are you guys applying for a TRO at the District Court level. Not for nothing, even if it is not done as of today, if you or someone else can get into court Monday, prior to the meeting & get it filed & potentially heard it would go a long way toward your case.

This is a classic NLRA Section 7 violation & precedent caselaw requires the consent of the membership.

I don't what your normal avg. monthly turnout is for regular meetings or call meetings with voting - but it would put you in a better position before a Court were you to get a margin of victory of 2-1, 5-1 opposed.

I still believe most consolidation's concern getting control of the funds to hide & cover-up & bring the mobile shredder in to get rid of any & all incriminating doc's from bad and/or illegal investment decisions leading up to the November 2008 crash.

ERISA/EBSA require the archiving of all Fund Financial records for a min. of 6-years. NERCC & necarpenters.org benefits fund have willfully ignored this requirement & refuse to disseminate or allow anyone to view financials from 2007 & back. They have only made the shit available after the crash & after the Unilateral change to the CBA & Annuity Fund agreements wherein as of 3-1-09 they refused to pay members Interest on their Accounts, re: to recover Fund Losses totaling $760M....while they are out back shredding doc's for weeks with the mobile shredder.

This was done & is still being maintained with the IRS having an agent camped out in the Fund Offices on a semi-permanent basis (3-DAYS A WEEK).....another words, right under their noses.

Last year they made 18% on Annuity monies and members received a big fat zero, in interest added to their account. This is being done under the auspice of the Fund Improvement Plan, which is nothing more than a coverup for known fraudulent investments which caused the losses from their 35 or so Investment Fund Advisors.

Al this shit is illegal & when you stick your neck out to question it - financial extortion via no work, removed from 4-jobs in a row when soliciting own work, next shall be the goon squad at the house - typical shit for corrupt assholes.

The worst part of this is that they plan to regain every dime lost via fraud, theft, artifice off the members backs and will refuse to pay interest for another 10 years at tehir current rate of recovery.

The seizure & takeover of Locals is for direct access to complete Fund Control so they can keep their dumb asses out of jail. Anyone who files a bonafide charge on the matter in a Court of law won't make the trial date and surely will come upon a very unfortunate accident.

Get your votes in opposition to bylaw changes, file a TRO and at least get it before a judge...probably all you can do at this juncture - preserve your rights.

If you lose on the votes at the meeting Monday, a TRO may be denied.

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

Pete
How do we stop the cancer? They are eradicating our whole structure to suit their needs. Why do we seem to be helpless in fighting the take over. UNITED BROTHERHOOD OF CARPENTERS AND JOINERS 1886-2011

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

bill lebo
Rich, did they file under Section301(a) and if so what was the reason they gave for the trusteeship?

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

Richard Dorrough
Bill,
   They did not file trusteeship

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

bill lebo
This shit is just fuckin endless. They've destroy everything that ever resembled a union. We took them to court, we went to Washington and tried to change legislation to stop this bastardization of our union. The only thing that has slowed them in NYC is calling them on the Consent Decree. I've got to wonder why the membership doesn't wake up. We need a massive-massive outcry, and it just doesn't happen. Everything McCarron does is for the contractor. The members are just a bunch of ignorant dogs to him and they just don't see it. We have apprentices who think his "getting them involved" by letting them be officers of the union is for them. Who is he kidding he just wants to mold them into more of his mindless rubber stamps. Wait till the first time they say to themselves, hey this isn't right, and then voice it. They'll be booted so fast it'll make their heads spin. McCarron has been spouting off about dwindling market share for decades and everything he's done has made it worse. He's handed over our union to the contractors, he gives them what ever they ask. It's no wonder since he was maybe still is on the board of the Perini Corp. something I believe to be a complete conflict of intrest. I just don't know the answer anymore. I'm helping Mike Biello with the stuff going on here and hoping for the best.

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

member
Why does this sound so much like a campaign?  Are you thinking of running for office with biello?

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

anon
Banned User

nope I'm retiring

Dead weight huh, so your a contractor anon, now that makes sense.

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

Richard Dorrough
He is not a contractor. He is a company suck ass who keeps his job not with skill but by sucking his way to job security.  He ridicules anybody on the OWL because he is such a poor carpenter that they are a threat to his job. Many Carpenters that come off the OWL he could not even carry their tools so he fears them taking his job. He does not want the boss to see how bad that he sucks. He is in a Catch 22.He sucks at being a Carpenter and can only be a Carpenter by sucking off the boss.
 Here we have another reason he wont post his name. Being a punk little bitch he has trashed every carpenter on the OWL and is afraid one might show up on his job and beat his ass for it and than take his job

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

rich - can nonmembers of 370 attend the meeting Monday? as long as your a ubc brother in good standing, will you be allowed in?

Re: UBC Has Started Seizing Power of The Upstate Locals

Richard Dorrough
They have seated other non 370 members such as Haines, Mike Bruno and the two Buffalo Organizers. They will have to seat Garrison. They must let you in by motion,2nd and yes or nay vote of the members present