UBC B rate local

Chris 608
Rumor has it that the UBC will charter a residential local in NYC. The problem is that they will charter it under the authority of the empire council . Under the constitution they have the authority to do this . This shit will make the residential B rate a reality right under our noses . The pension and welfare contributions will go directly to the empire council funds not ours .  This mean
Ns we will have a tremendous amount of work performed in our area from which we will not benefit at all . The residential construction market is huge and the UBC wants that market . Our 80% b rate is still well and above what most carpenters A rate . It comes down to hours , the UBC wants the hourly contributions that this work would bring in to THEIR funds . They cannot merge the NYDCC into the empire council because we are under a consent decree , there is nothing to prevent them from chartering a B rate local in our area . This is all about money , if money starts flowing out of our funds and into the empire councils we are fucked . Our health benefits will go to shit and our pension fund will be in the red in no time . We need to come together and stop the UBC from changing our jurisdiction and raping our funds .
NYC

Re: UBC B rate local

NYC
Figures rumor is all we have to go on due to lack of info coming from 395.
Just what they want.

Another McCarron blunder!

"Our 80% b rate is still well and above what most carpenters A rate ."

Is that b rate well above what union residential carps A is?
Or is it non union you intended to refer to?

With the available non union labor pool I find it hard to believe contractors would even  pay the reduced rate.
Non union commercial is only 20-30/hr. Mostly the bottom edge of that.

As for fund dollars flowing " from " our funds;
The concept is for each one not to get there in the first place.

The Federal Gov't allowed this a long time ago having to do with McCarrons reorganizational plan.
But we're they then sold a McCarron bill of goods in that,  by diverting all these NYC benefit dollars the empire council, the overall health of the funds would improve and we're the feds oblivious to the fact, or perhaps we'll aware, this is what was intended.

Then there will be ZERO help from Berman!  IF THIS IS BROUGHT TO HIS ATTENTION?

Re: UBC B rate local

Chris 608
  The shit will hit the fan when our signatory contractors decide to go after this work , with a B rate local why wouldn't they ? . When things slow down , how long will it be before our guys start signing the Empire council list to work under this B rate agreement ? .  The UBC will drive down wages to secure market share . The portion of the hourly benefit contribution that goes to the UBC will remain the same , so they will love it . They are going to make this package very attractive to both the contractor and developer .

Re: UBC B rate local

300 hitter
All the UBC cares about is market share they don't give a fuck about us . They think we make to much money in New York jealous fucks . If they have to drive down wages to get market share they will . Anybody who went to Vegas for the 300 hitter thing knows this . All they talk about is market share and how Nyc pays the bills for the international . They are ready to loot our markets . We now have more rank and file leadership , they need to stand up to McCarron and tell him to take his bullshit somewhere else .

Re: UBC B rate local

steward
marketshare is one thing,how about being acountable for your actions.make it better for the members,stick togerther as a strong union will keep the brotherhood strong.be active,have a voiceevery member has to be in volved.by being problem solvers an taking risks for survival of the union we all must do our part to regain marketshare and build the benefit funds up.keep all working nhours in the nyc vincity.it is important and vital to keep our benefits good and also improving them for every working man and women who work in the field,along with the organizers,our buinesss agents and inspector dc members.everyone needs to be responsible for alll of us to survive ,be strong and good carpenters will keep our fund in tacted.good luck to all union carpenters.,from a good shop steward who cares.

Re: UBC B rate local

Chris 608
Confirmed by former 157 BA who still works for the international , UBC to charter B rate residential local in NYC  in October . I
NYC

Re: UBC B rate local

NYC
union res. b rate still too pricey for developers.

Prepare for this move to keep non union share strong.

Re: UBC B rate local

YES THERE ARE TYPOS. THANKS. I WILL FIX THEM LATER!!!

"Under the constitution they have the authority to do this" Under which Section???Section 6?? Further McCarron and the UBC can wipe their ass with the constitution as long as your under a consent decree. It is only Berman and Bermans court that "allows" any thing. Any existing or created local within the NYC District Councils Jurisdictional area is and will be under the consent decree. Also since you think this is fact lets not forget the tool called the  "all writs act". I think Section 6 mention of "upon agreement of the Local Unions and Councils directly affected""that it is in the best
interests of the United Brotherhood and its members" might get Bermans attention.
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that federal administrative agencies can invoke the All Writs Act to preserve the status quo when a party within the courts  jurisdiction is about to take action that will prevent or impair the court from carrying out its function. McCarron trying to create a local within the jurisdictional area of the NYC City council and under the control of the Empire Council IS an attempt to impair the court(Bermans) from carrying out its function to apply the consent decree over ANY Local within the jurisdictional area of the NCYDCC
The court could properly issue a preliminary injunction under the All Writs Act while the Court determined the legality of creation of a Local or actions by force are legal or in this case violate the consent decree or if the need for injunctive relief is "compelling".

 In regards to McCarron ordering any benefits transferred out to the Empire Council by ORDER of the UBC proves the UNION IS controlling the NYC funds despite Maquires lie to Bermans court that the funds are operating free and independent of the Union.. This along with the NYC Funds investments and partnerships ordered and forced by the UBC and McCarron opens the door for Berman since the consent decree allows Berman to investigate and rule over all actions by the UNION )and its operatives and opens the door for his court in the NYC funds.Further:
Dear Doug ,
Here are 13 UBC funds trying to take their money out of ULLICO. You need to either stop them or give us inside Info so we can see how to stop them. On the list is the NYC District Council Funds.
Love,
Terry O Sullivan
(1)ULLICO RAT

(2)Rat taking $600,000 plus in wages form  the Laborers International. Rat taking close to $100,000 in fees form ULLICO
(3) Rat board member of the NCCMP who wrote and conspired to fraudulently pass the Multi Employer Reform Act allowing these rats to replace fund monies they lost or looted with money they are trying to steal form Retirees pension checks.

(4) Board Officer with Dirty Dougy  in the New
NATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE ALLIANCE FEDERATION
NW SUITE 805
1634 EYE STREET
WASHINGTON, DC 20006

Any attempt to move NYC earned benefit hours to the Empire funds Dougy can stick in his ass unless Bermans court says so. Lets have Bermans court take a look at the Empire Fund for "Barred" persons to see if NYC benefit hours will be allowed in it. Let Berman investigate why Frank Spencer and Doug McCarron kept Joesph Oliveri as Chairman of the Empire Funds for all those years when the knew of his alleged "connections" to see if NYC benefit hours will be allowed in it. Let Berman investigate the the UBC ordered forced investments and partnerships within the Empire Funds to see if NYC benefit hours will be allowed in it.Let Berman investigate the lawsuit to stop McCarron and Spencer as fund trustees from firing the funds attorneys and attempt to put Decarlo and Shanley in their place to see if NYC benefit hours will be allowed in it (2:10-cv-04340 Decarlo sued Eastern District NY). Breach of Fiduciary duty much and their STILL controlling the fund..Decarlo and Shanley Ice Cream Dougs pals who in a court case in California were removed by the Federal Judge because
(1)"tThe Court is obligated to disqualify D&S from representing SWTF in order
to preserve the public trust in the scrupulous administration of justice and the integrity of
the bar"

(2)"the Court determines that the conflict here is so egregious IT CANNOT CONTINUE"
(3)"the Court finds that D&S’s continued representation of SWTF is
fundamentally unfair and would raise serious questions about the integrity of the judicial
process should it be permitted to continue
"
Let Berman investigate the lawsuit against the Empire funds trustees for over 400 million and then making a "deal" and why some are still Trustees like Haines and Banfield to see if NYC benefit hours will be allowed in it.(2:12-cv-02332 Trustees sued Eastern District NY)

How are they holding 2nd Union books and Doug "Ice Cream Crapper" McCarron listed as President  of another Union in violation Section 42 I of the UBC Constitution
 "I"
No member of the United Brotherhood can remain in or become
a member of more than one Local Union, or any other organization
of carpenters and joiners, or any mixed union of building trades
workers, or any organization whose jurisdictional claims overlap
or infringe upon those of the United Brotherhood, under penalty of
expulsion.If a member is accused of holding membership contrary
to this Section, the Executive Committee of the Local Union
or District, Industrial or Regional Council shall give the member
due notice of the charge, shall afford the accused a hearing and a
full opportunity to present a defense. If after hearing the Executive
Committee finds that the member holds membership contrary to
this Section, the member shall be permitted thirty days in which
to resign or withdraw from any conflicting membership and to so
notify the Executive Committee. If the member fails to do so, his or
her membership shall be revoked.

    You have the power in the consent decree and Berman to stop this. Berman is already calling for an audit to the funds and now they are trying to move benefits outside of NYC for NYC hours worked.
THE COURT(Berman): Well, who cares, to be perfectly honest with you. Necessary, appropriate, and prudent, I, without knowing more, I would disagree. It seems to me -- and I've been in business myself in the private sector for a long period of my career. This kind of thing is done all the time. It's called an audit. And it's an audit by an outside independent to see if in fact they're right. It's not uncommon for people who have a vested interest in the performance, in saying things are hunky dory and healthy, doing well, don't think it's necessary, etc., etc., it's very common to have that reaction. But from my point of view it's not very comforting.

The GAO is now been ordered by Congress to investigate multi employer funds starting with the Central States Funds.
http://www.bna.com/gao-agrees-probe-n57982076268/
June 28 — The GAO will investigate the financially beleaguered Central States pension fund's investment decisions, an agency official confirmed to Bloomberg BNA.

The Government Accountability Office's decision to investigate the Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Pension Fund's investment decisions was in response to a request from 51 Democratic members of Congress, including 10 senators.

"Democrats want investigation of pension-fund investments
The GAO has been called on to investigate Multi Employer funds under Federal Oversight such as NYC.

    You need to go around and ignore McWorthless who it is clear by his illegal 12 moth Pro Tem BS he is up the UBC ass. The US Attorney who is supposed to be in Bermans court is writing letters in favor of the Council and UBC telling Berman to agree to disagree and let it lie. Then he sits in open court while the Council attempts it is telling the NLRB to go ..itself. Or the most ignorant in years:
The US Attorneys Office Southern District of NY Ben Torrance...I think though that the Federal Government doesnt want to find itself in the position of surveying the world of Labor Unions and their funds and saying well thats not really the best practice so we are going to step in.. Are you frigging kidding me. What is the oversight duty of the EBSA!!!!!the Federal Government doesnt want to find itself in the position of surveying the world of Labor Unions and their funds!!!

    McCarron wants your NYC funds diverted to the Empire Funds he is controlling with the other rat Spencer,Capelli and etc. The lowest of the low.. Here is how Mccarron seized the Emoire funds and made the membership pay for the millions they lost to Madoff.Read exhibit 4 in the attached FILE  helefrich_document.pdf
He ordered Capelli to attack NYC with the NLRB case because benefit hours were staying in NYC and now New Jersey will man NYC jobs.The Empire Funds has a long documented history of scumbags,huge losses and alleged mobsters at the helm.Will you be smart enough to stop a single NYC dollar goIng back to support the Empire fund and Mccarons BS.
NYC

Re: UBC B rate local

NYC
Lets have Bermans court take a look at the Empire Fund .......... Let Berman investigate why Frank Spencer and Doug McCarron kept Joesph Oliveri as Chairman of the Empire Funds for all those years .............Let Berman investigate the the UBC ordered forced investments and partnerships within the Empire Funds ............
Let Berman investigate the lawsuit to stop McCarron and Spencer as fund trustees from firing the funds attorneys and attempt to put Decarlo and Shanley in their place ..........

LET BERMAN?????

WHO WILL LET BERMAN BE A JUDGE, BERMAN.
THE SAME BERMAN THAT HAS PLAYED ALONG W/TORRANCE TO DATE.
That's who will let Berman.

LET, HA!

    You have the power in the consent decree and Berman to stop this.
    You need to go around and ignore McWorthless who it is clear by his illegal 12 moth Pro Tem BS he is up the UBC ass.

Who is you Richard?

 The US Attorney who is supposed to be in Bermans court is writing letters in favor of the Council and UBC telling Berman to agree to disagree and let it lie.

Right there, you pinned the question of let.

It's a rigged game just as with McCarron v mcCarron!

Re: UBC B rate local

RichardDorrough
fa·ce·tious....djective
adjective: facetious

    treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

  The word is "force" Berman but I did not think I needed to explain.

Who is you Richard?
YOU is any Carpenter (notice I did not say Union Carpenter)working within the NYC Council Jurisdictional area that has the balls to act and those, regardless of where they are, supplying the information for their review..
The consent decree is there. Whomever has the balls has the ability to LET Berman. They have been given the tools.The information has been provided.The GAO is interested whether they like it or not.

 Under "Timing is everything" THE SAME BERMAN THAT HAS PLAYED ALONG W/TORRANCE TO DATE.  But NOT the same Berman who may have the GAO in his face. Not the same Berman who said  "THE COURT: Oh, that's nonsense. I don't mean to be rude. But all the time, financial performance is monitored, and all the time are outside persons called in " Not the same Berman who said"THE COURT: Well, who cares, to be perfectly honest with you. Necessary, appropriate, and prudent, I, without knowing more, I would disagree"

and NOT the same Berman who the Trustees and Mouthy Mcquire folded like bitches and will have an audit rather than refuse in writing.But of course if nobody mentions that Segal is the consultant and not Gallagher and that Berman should be picking the outside auditor and not Mcquire who almost as ignorant and insulting as The US Attorney in his statements.

THE COURT: And they don't care what return on investment you get.

MR. McGUIRE: They don't.

THE COURT: They don't.

MR. McGUIRE: No.

THE COURT: Really. That's astonishing.

Astonishing was not the word. Bullshit was. Hey Bermy they dont care about liquidity,% of return and ERISA laws are for fun. Just ask Mr US Attorney.

Re: UBC B rate local

300 Hitter
I admit I'm not up on all this stuff like you guys . I do know that I got transferred into 212 withou any notice . I liked being in 157 , I went to our meetings . I called the council to see if I could stay in 157  . They told me no tough shit . If they could do this to a 25 year member they can do any fucking thing they want .

Re: UBC B rate local

disgruntled 212 member
Hey 300 hitter you can transfer back to 157
in six months , they did the same to me a twenty year member
i will be transferring back into 157  once my six months are up .
fly

Re: UBC B rate local

fly
The council is trying to push through b rate carpenters before the new delegate body can get organized. dockbuilders and timbermen go down in this round

Re: UBC B rate local

Ted
In 49-1/2 States, less the NYCDCC, the UBCJA has wood frame rates which are the equivalent of 60% of the full commercial rate w/ approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of the benefit packages.

McCarrons first order of business when he came to power in 1995 was wiping out all Union ties to the wood frame industry and letting it go to the scabs/rats & illegal alien 1099 so called workforce. Ironic given the UBC's new fight against 1099's working for all cash via coyotes or labor brokers.

This was done because Mr. Drywall Sheet-counter (6-years alleged to be on the tools) McCarron; a man who could not build a sawhorse, doghouse or small tool shed w/o lots of supervision thought the drywall industry was what made you a Union Carpenter and claiming falsely that that's where all the work was. NEWSFLASH - Drywall or GWB & taping are but one very small aspect of becoming a journeyman carpenter.

Ever get a drywaller on a form job, millwork in a shop, installation of millwork in the field; or on curtainwall or panel systems to name a few? Given the limited skills of the majority of them, it is the drywaller who should be taking the cut in pay before anyone else.

Due to McCarrons boneheaded move in 1995, the UBCJA has given away a wood frame market worth hundreds of billions of dollars in every market in the country; and by selling out the rank & file he also gave up all the Benefits that those Man-Hours would have generated so now he wants back in. Ever watch the rats pit a crew of mexican workers against irish workers on the same building from the foundation up? The micks win every time, but when you refuse to train our apprentices in ground up construction techniques (forms to finish/turnover) on single family residential or multi-family apartments or condo's; the UBCJA cries wolf & foul when our organization, the UBCJA created the entire 1099 problem of illegal alien & cash workers in the underground economy in the first instance by failing to protect its turf; and, it falls squarely on Doug McCarron's back; notwithstanding the UBCJA Constitutions STANDING ORDER dating to September 17, 1887 for grading wages; which McCarron & his E-Board & EST's violate every contract & every PLA sellout agreement they can lay their crooked hands to.