Things

brodymartin
R U F'inn kidding ,now we have our council representative riding bicycles ? Maybe we should pull a rabbit out of the corn hole for our next trick.  How may running for delegate, now matter what side of the fence,attempted to be part of the three day to  be an employee of the council for the greater good. Now that you were not selected everyone a J. O . The world has changed and there is a labor force out their ready, willing and able to replace you. Ask for their books to be monitored, whatever you like, realize it is not George Orwell days. Would love to see all the big mouths shell out ( not DENNIS ) the money for a man for the week. We are in the fight for our lives, and  one who is at the meetings is appalled at the conduct. Do you realize that is why the RO has so much control? We are hanging on by a thread, but beat the drum over some of the minutia that is regressing to the organization. All these separate agenda's , it is not hall men versus company men,  not even trying  to organize ( other than continue to agitate and make accountable ). Wake up now matter who in control, the only thing that separated us was the comradeship, caring and compassion for one another, now that is gone. Wake the Hell up ! Yeah, I have 36 years "on the tools ", four jobs running fine in the city as we speak, with men from the hall along with company men no issues.

Re: Things

curious yellow
Just the fact that this idea of riding bicycles was posted should make us realize one thing. That there is a lot of animosity and bitterness out there. The car issue has been a thorn in the members side for the twenty years I've been in. People run on the issue, then when they get elected or appointed, it stops becoming an issue for them. "Oh, it's no big deal. We need the cars. You guys just don't understand." And if any them lose their jobs, or retire, to a man, they will tell you what a great deal the cars were for them. No gas, insurance or car payments for (_____years they were in). They should have what they have in the army- a motor pool. The cars stay there and when they need them, they take them. Most of these guys don't leave the district council at all during the day. And on the rare days when they do for a meeting elsewhere, they can take a cab or the subway. They make more than enough for the little that they do. We shouldn't have to subsidize their commute. I take the railroad and subway to work, so can they. Anyone, (business reps) working in The Bronx, Queens, Bklyn, or Staten Island obviously needs a car. But not Manhatten reps, who have to park in a garage anyway. (How come no one is making an issue of how much these stars of the carpentry industry pay for parking on a daily basis? If you guys knew, you'd hit the roof.)  There are significant number of individuals who go to the D.C. and never leave. (E.S.T., Director of this or that, etc. etc.) They should lose their cars. That they still have them is utter bullshit. They can take the bus from Jersey, the rail road from Long Island and Westchester, or drive from Staten Island in their own cars. It's a perk that has to end. If it does end, we can then make headway to making this a union again, as opposed to the big cookie jar it's been for 70 years.