The reasons behind Grumpy Old Man syndrome

The reasons behind Grumpy Old Man syndrome

Ethics
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/05/were-grumpy-for-a-reason/

Grouchiness explained

Clearly, I needed to look at this issue a little more scientifically. So I discovered that, according to the Mayo Clinic, men at this age experience a slow and continuous decrease in testosterone production.

This is a completely normal phenomenon – yet for some men, the decrease is particularly steep. An NBC News report recently quoted urologist Dr. Ridwan Shabsigh, head of the International Society of Men’s Health, as saying that low testosterone can have “neural/psycho effects,” and one of those is “low mood and irritability.”

In other words, it is a contributing factor in something called Irritable Male Syndrome, a genuine medical condition, for which the poster boy is Donald Trump.

Irritable Male Syndrome is virtually identical to Grumpy Old Man syndrome. So maybe I shouldn’t simply dismiss the “you-kids-get-off-my-lawn” guy as someone who simply needs to get a better attitude. What I needed to do was find a knowledgeable person who could explain more fully why men my age get so irritable, and more importantly, what we can do to prevent it.

Fortunately, I knew exactly the man to turn to: Spokane author Michael Gurian. He has spent a lifetime studying and writing about our journeys through life – often with an emphasis on male psychology. His most recent book, “The Wonder of Aging: A New Approach to Embracing Life After Fifty” (Atria Books/Simon and Schuster, $26), addresses how men and women age differently – and why men sometimes turn sour.

There are those here who stand in judgement of me who are obviously in need of therapy for this affliction.

Re: The reasons behind Grumpy Old Man syndrome


GO AWAY SCABBY ETHICS

Poor little poo ...

Norman
Nobody loves the poor little poo. The poo invades our space. The poo believes it self to know and we must believe what the poor little poo says. Religion, listen to the truth of the poo. Politics, The party of the poo. Labor, work for free and eat poo. Will we save our Brotherhood? I'll wait and see. Will I be the one to lead you some promised land? Look elsewhere. Will the poor little poo lead you anywhere but down the toilet? Trust in the religion of the poo and find out.
Have I insulted the poor little poo? Would a poo know?

Re: Poor little poo ...

Ethics
This post was updated on .
OH Norman! You are such an asshole!