The Arrogance of Authority

Wayne Harley
DEA officer stops at a ranch in Texas, and talks with an old rancher.
He tells the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown
drugs." The rancher says, "Okay, but don't go in that field over
there," as he points out the location.

The DEA officer verbally explodes saying, "Mister, I have the authority
of the Federal Government with me."  Reaching into his rear pants
pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the rancher.
"See this badge?  This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.
On any land.  No questions asked or answers given.  Have I made myself
clear?  Do you understand?"

The rancher nods politely, apologizes and goes about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the DEA
officer running for his life chased by the rancher's big Santa
Gertrudis bull.

With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer and it seems
likely that he'll get gored before he reaches safety.  The officer is
clearly terrified. The rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence
and yells at the top of his lungs.

"Your badge.  Show him your BADGE!"