The 3 million dollar answer from Bob Joule and Brian McGlaughlin

The 3 million dollar answer from Bob Joule and Brian McGlaughlin

Not so quiet anymore
Today. Bob Joule and Brian McGlaughlin came out to my job. This was a first for me, since the only other person to harass me and the other dockbuilders was Rambo. Bob and Brian stopped the men from working to ask us if we were supporting the Amalgamated Dockbuilders. 2 of my men just walked away in disgust and didnt say anything to them. I asked Bob and Brian why they are stopping work to probe the men. I got no real answers, just a bunch of BS. When I asked why I was receiving so much BS propaganda letters from from the district council, Brian told me it wasnt BS but rather, factual information. Bob told me that if Amalgamated wins, the District Council was stripping all the Dockbuilder retirees of their medical benefits and that they would also stop making pension payments! Is that legal?? This is absolutely crazy!! When I asked Joule and McGlaughlin how the hell that could happen, I got snickering laughs from both of them. Brian also said that the "information" (ie:BS Propaganda) that the District Council has been mailing out to all of us was being paid for from the 3 million dollars that the Dockbuilders have not yet received back!! Is that legal also? I am so angry and upset right now!! How the hell can these two men tell me this? Is it true? Can the District Council take away the retired dockbuilders pension and benefits? I am so confused and angry that I cant believe this would happen to the retirees! What about the 3 million dollars of Dockbuilders money? Are we ever going to get it back? Why is the District Council using that money for their propaganda campaign? Again, is that legal also? Bob and Brian really got me upset today. Can I bring these guys up on charges or can someone else in the District Council do so? I feel like I was bullyed, harrassed, and ridiculed by my supposed dockbuilder reps. Please help me in this ugly matter. I need answers asap

Re: The 3 million dollar answer from Bob Joule and Brian McGlaughlin

GDTRFB
I am almost positive that is a ULP,  coercion in a representative election.  Call the NLRB NY office at 212-264-0300 and ask to speak to an investigator. Are we going back to intimidation tactics? Why not its always worked in crushing dissention at the UBC. I expect more from Billy and even from Mike. This is NOT who we are as a Union. Thats who THEY want us to be so why go along with their bullshit? Protect the members like you were elected to do. Remember the union is the members not some omnipotent bureacracy.

Re: The 3 million dollar answer from Bob Joule and Brian McGlaughlin

Robert Kwiecinski
No the UBC cannot by law stop paying the pension and medical coverage to the retirees. What you must now do is to file charges against them with the NLRB. They cannot threaten any retired member as their pension and health care are guarenteed by law.

Re: The 3 million dollar answer from Bob Joule and Brian McGlaughlin

TomMcGuire
Actually it sounds like RICO. We are union, engaged in interstate trade and activity, so ...two or more parties who conspire to coerce and intimidate...call the FBI. This is their job to stop this kind of goonism. Have these two been interviewed yet by the RO's office, or did you even call them? Don't just complain here, do what needs to be done. 2123667500, ask for the RO's line. If this is true these two guys need to be fired immediately and anyone else who feels like keeping up that tradition can leave too. We're already back to this shiite? Brother, whats your name? Are you calling the RO and FBI? If not, why? DO THE RIGHT THING!

Re: The 3 million dollar answer from Bob Joule and Brian McGlaughlin

Not so quiet anymore
Thanks for the replys back. I have called the NLRB and went there yesterday to file unfair labor practices against both of them and the NYCDCC. I didnt know where to turn but you guys got me the info I needed. I will call the FBI today and see what they have to say. I hate being pushed into a corner by these guys. The NLRB stated to me that the unfair labor practice charges would be filed immediatly. I have a copy of the charges. How do I post them here for everyone to see? Thanks again

TomMcGuire
Brother I'm just so sad that this stuff is happening. Who can benefit from them acting that way? Take Care and good luck.

Re: The 3 million dollar answer from Bob Joule and Brian McGlaughlin

Not so quiet anymore
Brother Tom, thanks again. I do know that when my ballot comes in the mail, I am DEFINITELY voting YES for my Dockbuilder brothers who actually care to talk to me and educate me on the real facts. I have just had enough of the bullying at my job and the unreaslistic propaganda that the district council has been "selling" me. Thanks again Tom for your insight and help.
12