TRUE DEMOCRACY = AMALGAMATED DOCKBUILDERS

TRUE DEMOCRACY = AMALGAMATED DOCKBUILDERS

AMALGAdockster
Don't believe the UBC's bullshit! They will say anything to make you think they are the good guys! If you want to have a say in your future and get democracy you need to support AMALGAMATED DOCKBUILDERS! DOn't be a sucker!

Re: TRUE DEMOCRACY = AMALGAMATED DOCKBUILDERS

vote
Solid facts:

The pension fund is 82% funded and rock solid. Our money has been invested wisely!
We enjoy retirement @ 55 yrs. of age.
We have a solid annuity which the members can borrow from and manage directly themselves.
We can now vote on our contracts.
We enjoy a great medical plan.
We enjoy quarterly vacation checks.
As a District Council Dockbuilder you have...
$125 dollar a week supplemental unemployment benefit.
$2000 dollar a month disability insurance plan.
As a District Council Dockbuilder you have a death benefit.
We have not given back a penny in previously negotiated G.C.A. contracts.
(McCarron gave back the $2.13)
We have a consent decree that protects our jurisdiction from Doug McCarron.
We have a Est. President and Vice President elected by the membership.
We have a Est. President and Vice President that have fought McCarron.
http://archives.republicans.edlabor.house.gov/archive/hearings/105th/eer/ud62598/lebo.htm
http://www.carpentersrankandfileteam.com/about/documentation/
We have a outstanding apprenticeship and journeyman school.
We now have full disclosure of expenditures.
We are over twenty thousand people strong! (think strike) That's power.
Fact: Mandatory drug testing for all District council employees.
Fact: RO officer Walsh's second interim report! http://local157.blogspot.com/
Fact: A house divided is a house conquered!

Fact: The Amalgamated union has no benefit funds in place.
No pension plan.
No welfare plan.
No apprenticeship.
No union Hall.
No annuity.
No Vacation.
No money.
No journeyman school.
No guaranteed retirement age.
Fact: You will pay a higher assessment with Amalgamated. See Lm-1 report page 29
Fact: You are going to pay for Executive Boards spouce's vacations. See Lm-1 report page 31
Fact: As an Amalgamated officer you can hold two paid positions. See Lm-1 report page 8
Fact: Amalgamated democracy is a half truth, APPOINTMENTS will be made by the Executive Board along with salary and compensation. See Lm-1 report page 15
http://www.nycdistrictcouncil.com/index.php?id=388

The corner stone of our decision should be based on facts. Not the propaganda being spread by either side. Amalgamated.... Never has so much been promised by so few in so little time.

As for the lawyers propaganda.... Well he is just that a lawyer. It is up to a court to interpret the law.

FACT: All the benefits listed above that we enjoy with the District Council of Carpenters are in jeopardy!

FACT: Any loss of market share hurts the benefit funds, members and their families.

FACT: Two separate carpenter unions working in the same jurisdiction on the same job sites is going to create a discord amongst the work force. No one could possibly benefit from the impending chaos that will ensue if you vote Amalgamated.