Super Hot Delegate on Billionaire Action Tonight!!

Super Hot Delegate on Billionaire Action Tonight!!

Ross
This post was updated on .
Once again the delegate body just went nuts for billionaires tonight! They truly love them some hot billionaire action. Have a PLA! Thank you sir can I have another?! Yes! Thank you sir can I have another?! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Sir I know that you need more billions, can I give our guys another $7 buck pay cut along with their $1 buck raise and pass it all on to you?? I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! Please!!!! HAVE MORE!!!!!!!!(spank,spank,spank...)

Lots of delegates who will never work under these contracts thought they were just fine. So there. The cabinetmakers also voted for them, but I guess after the delegates gave new cabinetmakers a 30% pay cut not too long ago, they might be a little off....

Anywho...don't worry billionaires. Our delegates are in love...with YOU!

Re: Super Hot Delegate on Billionaire Action Tonight!!

Bill Walsh
The NYCDCC By-Laws are still being violated as delegates are not getting the information in a timely fashion. How can the leadership at the Council expect a Delegate to go back to their constituents and ask them how they would like them vote and represent them. Most Delegates get the e-mail the same day as the vote and they vote the way they feel or directed to. This is not being a responsible and informed delegate. A Delegate is supposed to vote the way the members who voted them into office, not the way they feel. Shame on all you "Direct Deposit" Delegates who are bought and paid for by the McCarron agenda.
Sitting in the gallery at last nights meeting was a real disappointment. The whole left side of the room (paid employees of the Council) are like the Republican Party and the members who swing a hammer for a living are the Democrats. Not one of the "Direct Deposit, Double Pensioners" will ever work under one of these PLA's they continue to vote yes on. Shame on all you mutts! I sat on the Delegate body 14 years ago and it sure looks like some things will never change. Say no to any more PLA's!

Re: Super Hot Delegate on Billionaire Action Tonight!!

Ross
Bill I've seen it before, just like you have. This is not the first time that something like this has been brought up at the last second like you described. Some kind of motion needs to be made that changes this type of disrespectful strategy. I call SHENANIGANS!

Maybe a motion should be (made, voted on, approved)....that any contract to be brought up for approval by the delegate body will automatically be voted on in the following month after it is first presented. Make it a roll call vote. Something like that. I don't know how its done. I'm thinking out loud and I welcome comments on the idea. Let delegates who would vote against this policy change defend their position. We need to end the shenanigans that you describe.

Side note, since my heart is for cabinetmakers...delegates who voted to take away cabinetmaker's right to strike for 10 years seemed awfully concerned about their own right to strike....and delegates who voted for 30% pay cuts for cabinetmakers seemed awfully judgmental of cabinetmakers who saw the writing on the wall, and felt the abandonment from their union brothers, and saw the union's abandonment of their craft, and who decided that, yes, they would like to continue to feed their families...just saying'...

Re: Super Hot Delegate on Billionaire Action Tonight!!

Ross
There is an honest argument to be made for signing PLA's and for starting to wind them down. Someone should make it. But there is the fact that the membership wants to go another way and they have made their opinion clear. We need to start deconstructing the make-up of the delegate body. We need to put this discussion in black and white. We need to name names. We need to discuss who gets to be a delegate and why.

Re: Super Hot Delegate on Billionaire Action Tonight!!

Five Aces
Not only did an exceptional few speak up but they went to the to who fathered this bastard which us Americans  have come to despise for their last hour document dumps. Just like the distorted brainchild of our forefathers, who would indeed roll over twice in their respective resting places. You can attempt motions but they have become farts in the wind where the CDB is concerned.

A mobilized force is the only way out. Won't find that here though.

Re: Super Hot Delegate on Billionaire Action Tonight!!

alpineto
First of all the excuse was the economy was bad
now it,s we have to compete with non union workers
i think it,s time for some roy k style rallies , but these clowns
at the district council are clueless , just look at the new dental plan

Re: Super Hot Delegate on Billionaire Action Tonight!!

Ross
Who is Roy K? Forgive my ignorance if that is an incredible question...
Yeah....we got billions saved up but we can't afford a root canal....I hear ya....

Re: Super Hot Delegate on Billionaire Action Tonight!!

Daniel J. Franco
Ross,

Roy Kay was a non-union construction contractor that was contracted by the MTA (http://www.mta.info/) in 1998. In response, the NYC construction unions held a very large rally on June 30, 1998. (This IS THE infamous (anti-)Roy Kay RALLY!)

Dan

See:
Turbulent Labor Rally Snarls Midtown, by Steven Greenhouse, July 1, 1998 - http://www.nytimes.com/1998/07/01/nyregion/turbulent-labor-rally-snarls-midtown.html
Pending Projects Hammered by Protest, by Tom Robbins, New York Daily News, Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/pending-projects-hammered-protest-article-1.808331
Firm Singles Out by Protesters Faces Loss of Bidding Rights, by Steven Greenhouse, July 2, 1998 - http://www.nytimes.com/1998/07/02/nyregion/firm-singles-out-by-protesters-faces-loss-of-bidding-rights.html
Firm Targeted at Union Rally Over MTA Pact Lied to US - State, by Tom Robbins, New York Daily News, Thursday, July 2, 1998, 12:00 AM - http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/firm-targeted-union-rally-mta-pact-lied-state-article-1.807025
Builder Who Was Target of Union Protest Agrees to Unionization, by Steven Greenhouse, October 29, 1999 - http://www.nytimes.com/1999/10/29/nyregion/builder-who-was-target-of-union-protest-agrees-to-unionization.html

See also:
Purchase of Contractor Gives KeySpan Indigestion, by Neela Banerjee, July 28, 2001 - http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/28/business/purchase-of-contractor-gives-keyspan-indigestion.html
Utility Buys Construction Company Roy Kay Inc. and Affiliates Then Ousts Founder and Family Before Completing Payout, According to LeRoy Kay. - David vs. Goliath: Family Firm Fights KeySpan, MARLBORO, N.J., July 30, 2001 /PRNewswire/ - http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Utility+Buys+Construction+Company+Roy+Kay+Inc.+and+Affiliates+Then...-a076845312

ROY KAY, INC. - http://appext20.dos.ny.gov/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_INFORMATION?p_nameid=382972&p_corpid=325983&p_entity_name=roy%20kay&p_name_type=%25&p_search_type=BEGINS&p_srch_results_page=0
ROY KAY CONSTRUCTION, INC. - http://appext20.dos.ny.gov/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_INFORMATION?p_nameid=2373985&p_corpid=2327793&p_entity_name=roy%20kay&p_name_type=%25&p_search_type=BEGINS&p_srch_results_page=0
ROY KAY ELECTRICAL COMPANY, INC. - http://appext20.dos.ny.gov/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_INFORMATION?p_nameid=2198886&p_corpid=2145870&p_entity_name=roy%20kay&p_name_type=%25&p_search_type=BEGINS&p_srch_results_page=0
ROY KAY MECHANICAL INC. - http://appext20.dos.ny.gov/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_INFORMATION?p_nameid=1478768&p_corpid=1365078&p_entity_name=roy%20kay&p_name_type=%25&p_search_type=BEGINS&p_srch_results_page=0