Slippery Slope

brodymartin
The present ratio of 67 % - 33 % is a workable relationship and tilts the scale affording our union contractors an advantage of a 2:1 ratio, end of story, it works. If there is a concession on the "two man " jobs, is that really that big a deal ? Have the company notify the DC in advance that at least one of the men have the necessary credentials of a shop steward, along with the other parameters governing two man jobs. If violated,penalty should be swift & significant to deter.  Member participation is the key : going forward the "rank and file " need  to initiate and implement a campaign where if you are an employee of the council then you can't be a delegate, consolidating so much power and influence in a few is major issue. Perhaps there is a way to recapture benefit money when "out of towers " work in our jurisdiction. We do belong to an " international " what if the " delta " or difference between the out  of towner welfare and pension contribution stayed in our DC coffers ? The man works in the city gets our rate ( plus vacation ) is not penalized as he is getting his " home " local contribution to his welfare and pension and that money not flying out the door. Maybe not legal, just an idea,or have some type of permit. My biggest concern is that we get caught up in all the little details and minutia stifling any forward progress. Have 36 years in and hate to see it go the hell in a hand basket. Happy Easter.

Re: Slippery Slope

seen it all
The nycdcc is run by the mob + has no intention of following any rules. All grievances were either thrown in the garbage or lost. Wake up or you will be destroyed. The nycdcc does NOT have your back.