Simple Machines Forums

Joel Cook
I honestly hate this format and think an SMF site would be waaaay better.  http://www.simplemachines.org/

Check it out, I am willing to create it, just maybe need some help paying for hosting and what not.

Re: Simple Machines Forums

Joel, why do you hate the format, it looks good, seems to work fine and was very easy to set up. Why would SMF be better and could it be embedded into the blog?

Re: Simple Machines Forums

Joel Cook
It can not be posted in a blog however categories can easily be created an organized.  There is more flexibility plus users can create user names and what not.  It creates more of a community type situation and promotes involvement rather than just "hit and run" type posting.

Re: Simple Machines Forums

Joel, I am not sure I follow you "categories can easily be created an organized" and "users can create user names."

Why can't you create a user name and picture? Also I think I can create different categories with topics listed below, not sure what you mean. If you can show me an example it would be helpful.

Also I picked this forum because it can be embedded.