STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

C.Rodriguez1212
what would happen if first, second and third year apprentices go on strike against select companies?
Very important, many apprentices are not getting treated fare by big companies.Do you just suck it up and take it. There is way more to this. How can apprentices make money with no skills. we are in for a big surpise.

Re: STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

william davenport
Banned User

Re: STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

rally524
If the entire membership went out it would be a different story. C.Rodriguez1212; can you give a more detailed account about how our apprentices are mistreated?

Re: STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

Exactly why I left
Apprentices arent being trained or taught. I know first hand. That is why I "left". I came into the union to become a CARPENTER. I already have a degree, I can get a "job" but I wanted to be a CARPENTER. Not a delivery person; not an insulator, not a firestopper, a CARPENTER. I understood that being an apprentice insulating and deliveries came with the job, but at some point, it is the union's and company's job to train apprentices. If it werent, the NYCDCC wouldnt be able to qualify to be an apprenticeship program. TEACH THE APPRENTICES or the union will no longer have qualified carpenters down the road.

Re: STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

Germinal - Emile Zola-Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkb_x-MgEk4

Re: STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

1st,2nd and 3rd year apprentice strike makes no sense? Would 4th year apprentices and journeymen cross line and go to work? Not me. Its either all for one or none at all. Strike is absolute last option.

Re: STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

Re: STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

Re: STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

Ted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7WP1huhWIs&feature=related

The Three Stooges in "The SITTER DOWNERS", part 1 1937 (rare)....SIT DOWN STRIKE

Re: STRIKE 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD YEARS APP

out of towner
The union is screwed down the road. Apprentices aren't being taught shit. They are low priced laborers. When their time is up, they will be on this site complaining that out of towners are taking their work! Start training them like you're supposed to. This is where the useless stewards need to step up.