Restructuring? Maybe not!

Bill Lebo
Mike Bilello and I had a meeting with Dennis Walsh today. We had questions about the contract negotiations, full mobility, the restructuring plan, the proposed bylaws, the upcoming elections, and the condition of our union.

The contracts we all know are on hold awaiting a decision on the full mobility issue. There have been rumors that the delegates were told that Dennis and the US Attorney have endorsed full mobility. Dennis said this is patently untrue.

The UBC and the contractor trustees wanted them to endorse language in the contract that refers to the labor management committee, which will deal with an anti corruption package on both the contractors and the unions side. Dennis said he would not object to the language but would not endorse it since it is not a tried and true system because it has not been time proven. Without an endorsement by the US attorney and the RO the UBC will have a difficult time trying to sell it to the Court. No motion has been filed with the Court to change the 67/33 rule at this time. If full mobility doesn't happen local 395 probably won't happen because it hinges on full mobility.

We asked about the removal of the jurisdictions of locals 1456 and 2287. Apparently Dennis asked the UBC to give a detailed report on how the removal of these area jurisdictions from the NYCDCC will affect the benefit funds. The UBC wasn't too happy with this since it will prove it will cause significant harm to the benefit funds.

We asked Dennis if the UBC did this wouldn't it be a breach of their fiduciary duties to the membership since the areas the Dock Buliders alone would lose contribute 1 million man hours to the benefit funds ( and that's in this economy). He said that has been a consideration.

Also he asked the UBC to give a written statement on how they believe the removal of these jurisdictional areas will affect the Consent Decree. They can't be happy about this.

As of this time the UBC has not submitted a revised bylaw proposal. Dennis said if they don't have the changes that he asked for or they couldn't come up with an agreement he would motion the Court to rule on the changes he wants.

Dennis said he was determined that the election for the council will go on as scheduled. The Court agreed at the last hearing to put the scheduling in a stipulation and order. Dennis said he sees no reason elections can't be held whatever the status of the locals are.

Also for those who want to know he says he is opposed to the capping of a locals delegates.

We sat and talked for about 2 hours. All things considered we left in a good mood. We realize nothings over till it's over, but all and all it was a much needed good news day.

Re: Restructuring? Maybe not!

No Full Mobility
There is a problem with Conboy taking the contributions of members ($0.30 per hour) into the Labor/Management FUND and Converting it into the Labor/Management CORPORATION (see: Conboy June 21, 2011 Full Mobility Letter). It looks like the Corporation is illegally taking ERISA money from the Labor/Management Fund to investigate Contractors & Members. I don't think Contractors will sign the contract as it implicates them to the Consent Decree.

Re: Restructuring? Maybe not!

Anymember NYC District Council
Who are the ones we left in charge Killers, Thieves, and Lawyers( Conboy types, Neocons).Is it any suprise to any working man that their BOSS is one of the MOST CORRUPT individuals in the union carpentry game? Probably Not! I want all the good men to take a look at whats happening nationally ,and understand there is NO WAY that these UNION BUSTERS (DOG< COLETTI< BLOOMBERG  ETC ETC) can be trusted. So Bill and Mike when your sitting with government reps keep in mind that they have been riding this roller coaster since 1994 with almost no results. They are quick to point out all the improvments at the dc except they forget the most important thing Democracy one man one vote. They cant seem to care about democracy at all and thats funny because theyre civil servants in a sense (Federally mandated Consent Decree and S and O) so thru a government mandate they are paid OUR MONEY to screw us w Dog and Co. Bill Lebo and Mike Billelo you guys have skin in the game they dont remember that. At the end of the day who will be left standing and who will fall? Tick Tock tick tock.....................................................

Re: Restructuring? Maybe not!

Al Golaj
Isn't it time to over-throw these vampires....no more it's become intolerable, we are suffering and will be driven to nothing but poverty if we follow the current trend. We talk about organization, we haven't organized since the dawn of the brotherhood. It's time to act not anticipate!!!!

Re: Restructuring? Maybe not!

Getting Worse
Why don't we all realise that things will only get worse under McMorron. Lets form Independent Unions where we can control our own destiny. With NLRB help the money will follow us. I'm fed up with this fu**-up system that is a far cry from a union.

Re: Restructuring? Maybe not!

Danny Green
I'm behind the idea.