Recieved Aetna Dental cards

retired shoppy
I'm cutting them up and sending them to Aetna with a note to send their family to these pathetic dentists. Maybe I'll send them to the benefit fund. Maybe everyone should send their cards back. Send a message. Get us a PPO so that most of us can go to the dentist of our choice.

Re: Recieved Aetna Dental cards

Ethics
Unions/Taft-Hartley/Bargaining Units
""We understand the importance of service and value to this market, and the loyalty of our many clients in this sector speaks to the value we provide. In fact, our first client was a union client - and they have renewed with us every year since 1955"". http://www.deltadentalins.com/business/ Who gets to choose your dental coverage? You do! Delta is cheaper then Aetna, and it's PPO! Tell Joseph "A" Geiger 'no aetna'!

Re: Recieved Aetna Dental cards

Retired
I am just as disappointed as are all members. I have been paying more out of pocket for all my benefits. I wonder where the truth is when it comes to what amount of funds are collected, wasted, miss-allocated, or stolen? Are we being watched by The Fed? Are they trustworthy? Do you as a member really make the choice as to where and how the contributions are directed?
    I never liked any of my money going to a political party or candidate, and every day I live, I trust them less and less. Hey, maybe this is your form of wealth distribution! After all, why should you get better coverage then those that don't? Be careful with believing what is being said, especially when it is apparent that it doesn't line up with what they've done!

Dental cards

«»
Didn't you get exactly what you voted for?
You did vote didn't you?
Why should you be entitled to more than you're willing to fight for?
Please do cut up your cards and send them back, there is lots of room in the trash.
Entitlements? A shared hole on Heart Island.
Real union men and women fight!

Re: Recieved Aetna Dental cards

Sore Mouth
I went to one of their dentists ... and got a bill for over $1,000.  There's no way I received $5k in services.  When I questioned dentist about the bill, I was told that most work is not covered under our Aetna plan.

Not sure who to be most pissed with ... Aetna, the Fund Trustee's who chose this shit plan, or the dentist!

If I had NO insurance and went to my usual dentist, my bill would have been far lower.

Re: Recieved Aetna Dental cards

Retired #157
 Hey Sore Mouth - -  what happened to you is exactly what all the reviews have been saying . People have complained about these dentists and what the plan covers , all the money we spend and this is what we get - -  something wrong - - -  make those phone calls and complain - - thats the only way we have any chance of getting this changed to a  "  PPO  " . By the way hope your mouth & pocket feel better.

Re: Recieved Aetna Dental cards

Retired 157 steward
Hate to say it but your post seems alittle fishy to me what did you have done and why didn't you ask if it was covered and how much it was going to cost sorry I don't believe you

Re: Recieved Aetna Dental cards

retired shoppy
You dont believe me? Yeah, I have nothing better to do then make up dental stories. Go use your DMO. Enjoy.

Re: Recieved Aetna Dental cards

retired shoppy
I told exactly what happened in another post on here. look for it. It's detailed. To the guy who refers to me as sore mouth. I've been doing my part as far as showing dissatisfaction with this DMO garbage. I sent back the letter to the distric council telling me to pick a doctor. I told them to send their kids to that list of incompetents. I aslo wrote to the state attorney general asking him to look into the practices of these dentists and the insurance companies. Told him what they did to me. Picking out 5 procedures to complete replacing a crown and telling me my responsibility was $800 because they had to do all these thing to change the crown. I told him that Cigna, who I had the DMO with at the time said if I had no insurance it would cost me $4500. $4500 TO REPLACE A FUCKING CROWN!!

Re: Recieved Aetna Dental cards

retired 157 steward
I still think your full of shit

Re: Recieved Aetna Dental cards

retired shoppy
...and I think you work for the D.C. Go use your DMO genius, or do the D.C. workers have the same shit insurance as the members??