Rally April,1st- at 395 Hudson st-Permits are in place

Re: Rally April,1st- at 395 Hudson st-Permits are in place

im watching
if this is going to be a peace full demonstration why not have it when the are have a delicates meeting so they can all hear our voices . At 12 in the after noon who will hear us ?

Re: Draft Petition

John I would appreciate if you took my name off the flyer you posted, those are not my words.Thanks Donny.

Re: Rally April,1st- at 395 Hudson st-Permits are in place

Richard, again its just a draft, I have not seen a handout for this rally. The rally could be to protest Spencer's dismal performance as supervisor, or his refusal to enact any reform that benefit the rank and file, or trying to take our voting rights away, (read the court transcript) or his refusal to answer our letters and emails. I don't see how "that's a waste of time." We would be sending a message to Spencer that we are not a bunch of fools, listening, being brainwashed and falling for his propaganda.

Isn't the purpose of a rally to protest something?

Re: Draft Petition

Donny, done, if you want I will draft another flyer that's more issue driven or email me your flyer, let me know.

Re: Rally April,1st- at 395 Hudson st-Permits are in place

Richard Chopp
Yes...but when people do what they normally don't do, you want to have some obtainable demands.  I have no problem saying that Spencer has failed us.  But what what is the follow up? Do you a McCarron replacement? Do you want supervision to end NOW?  You will see a difference of opinions on such matters, but we all agree that the rank and file has been fragmented, isolated, and left out of the loop as big sweeping changes occur.  So why not rally around just coming together.  I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but the total lack of real information frustrates me.  It's like the International is allergic to transparency.  But John, perhaps my biggest frustration is the lack of interest and education from the majority of the members.

Here are some goals that I would present at the 1st rally.  With more information available to us, we can organize ourselves better.  Perhaps after the forum with RO, we can get some answers and regroup around demands that are obtainable and benefit the rank and file.

1. Allow members to attend delegate meetings and make minutes available to all. A list of all delegates.

2. An accurate timeline of when UBC supervision will end.  The procedures what will take place in the transition of power.

3. An explanation as to why McCarron, Spencer, and Ballenthyne are representing NYCDC in upcoming contract negotiations.  Have the negotiations already started and with what associations are we dealing with?

4. A committee of delegates whose job is to inform the rank and file of contract talks, points of contention, and ability to take back concerns and ideas provided by rank and file.  Special meetings to discuss and inform rank and file about contract negotiations.

5. Is full mobility on the table with contract negotiations?  What is it, how does it work, and how is it good for us?

6. Online access to powerpoint presentation on Local 395.  An online Q &A forum for identified members.  I need more information about this Local. The real intent of this local is still unclear.

Re: Rally April,1st- at 395 Hudson st-Permits are in place

Richard Chopp
Based on studies of revolutionaries like Gandhi, nonviolent uprisings, civil rights struggles, economic boycotts and the like, he has concluded that advancing freedom takes careful strategy and meticulous planning, advice that resonated among youth leaders in Egypt. Peaceful protest is best, he says — not for any moral reason, but because violence provokes autocrats to crack down. “If you fight with violence,” Mr. Sharp said, “you are fighting with your enemy’s best weapon, and you may be a brave but dead hero.” He (Mr. Sharp) was struck by the Egyptian protesters’ discipline in remaining peaceful, and especially by their lack of fear. “That is straight out of Gandhi,” Mr. Sharp said. “If people are not afraid of the dictatorship, that dictatorship is in big trouble.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/world/middleeast/17sharp.html?_r=1&hp
http://www.aeinstein.org/organizations/org/FDTD.pdf
http://www.aeinstein.org/organizations103a.html

Re: Rally April,1st- at 395 Hudson st-Permits are in place

Richard: some of your question can be answered by reading the court transcript.

Also I made another draft handout for the rally, taking into consideration all the comments, I would appreciate all to let me know what you think.

rally at 395

everyone
every brother should leave work at noon on april 1st to rally at 395. we need to show that we are strong and a force of one. it took sacrifice to establish this union and will need the same to recover our union. time for all brothers to walk the talk and not lead from the safety of their homes.

shut it down

rebel4life
Brothers & Sisters world-wide need to come together and say enough is enough not just NY world wide where we are recognize as a UNION. also check the definition of a UNION    1. act of joining together: the act of joining together people or things to form a whole
   2. result of joining together: a result of joining together people or things
   3. agreement: agreement or unity of interests or opinions

if we cannot live by what a UNION is then why are we a UNION? if another state is booming with work and I'm on my face dying why are u denying me work because i come from a different state? we are all brothers & sisters who pay our dues. check out Alberta carpenters.com dispatch process for example I've seen a lot of jobs there fill out the application for the work permit on there site and got an email response sorry not looking for any carpenters right now but if we do we will keep u in mind never got a phone call which also they say they will do so really tell me what is a UNION when u only want me to pay dues and u wont help me secure employment? and when u go to job sites sorry we only hire from out the hall but if your buddy show up its no problem for him to get a job. that is discrimination and we call ourselves UNION. do u really know we can stand together and shut this country down but who's willing to join and fight da fight I'm sure not Joe or john or Mary or Jane  who works 365 days a year making $40 an hr for the last 5 years.

Re: shut it down

This is a copy of the Rally flier sent to me.

New date for rally

Donny Arana
The new date for the rally is April 13, 3:30 pm. The membership has requested this as a better date and time. The permits are in place.

Re: New date for rally

Re: shut it down

listman
 "we can stand together and shut this country down"

EXCUSE ME ,------ STOP LIFE AS WE KNOW IT TOMORROW AS IF ALIENS,..........

................ OH THATS BRIGHT BATTLE LA IS OUT IN A FEW HOURS.

There's a better way if, - rebelreadytostopalllifeasweknowit, - has a genuine inerest interest.
12