RO & The Computer Czar

Norman Saul
Computerization, NYCDCC & the US Gov
So, we have quietly chosen, and welcomed, our new computer overlord.
Do we know anything about his track record?
Will this be another ‘trade secret’, ‘need to know’ debacle?
If all of the millions that our Feds spent on the “Affordable Care Act”, a system that has to be rewritten, what are we going to get? Will it be intelligently designed and ‘open sourced’ or a closed proprietary package that will lock the council into long term rental and lease contracts? No matter how appropriately designed, things grow, people add new requirements and features; we will plow more than a few dollars into software customization to support generic capabilities. Will we be able to change contractors without rewriting the whole thing? Will our new czar understand the business data technology as well as the information technology? Has our Review Officer included a ‘specific performance” clause into his contract?
I’m not opposed to having a new, better system; we desperately need one.
I am opposed to an expensive kludge and boondoggle. – Norman Saul

Re: RO & The Computer Czar

bravo659
sounds more of what Obama is experiencing with his newly decadent website.

Re: RO & The Computer Czar

bravo659
this computerized system for DC is going to be an expensive piece of hardware.
we do need the upgrade that comes with a high price.