RETIREE MEETINGS AND HONORIAM BENEFIT

EMTJOHNNYD
Hello fellow brother and sister, this is John A Diaz  31 year member always in good standing.  I was forced to retiree due to health reasons  I incurred during my volunteer activity at 911 tragedy .  We as retirees meet every 2nd Wednesday of the month on the 10th floor of the District Council 395 Hudson Street, at 2:30 pm  We meet to encourage one another, as we maybe retired we have knowledge and skills that we can offer our future , the apprentices .  Come join us, be counted, every member has value and can offer something to the industry that gave us an honest living.  As you know we have a benefit offered to any member who passes on a jobsite or has ten (10) years seevice and in good standing, a chance to have two members attend your memorial, say a few nice words and present your loved ones a genuine 4 X 6 U.B.C. (United Brotherhood of Carpenters) flag free of charge. The only catch is that a family member MUST request this honor.  It is a great honor to give the decesed member a final honor, we are committed to seeing that every member be afforded this great honor, we must remember the job that we do is more than just work, it is a lifestyle, a career in which we can be grateful and honored to be able to live a descent life for ourselves and our familes.  I am asking please, please spead the word, it is important.  I have been noticing that members are passing and not be given this honoriam.  In Final note: please keep our fellow brother and Warden of The New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild, Jeff Zwerin and his family in your thoughts and prayer, he recently passed.  Jeff will forever be in our hearts, he was a dedicated union man if there ever was one, he attended every function and was concerned for his fellow brother and sisters.  God bless Jeff, his family and this great union of ours.  Lets keep it strong and fight for what we believe in, it is the only way that one day you too, can retiree with dignity and honor.  Be well

Re: RETIREE MEETINGS AND HONORIAM BENEFIT

Steward
I for one agree,we should honor and respect every member who gave its all for the union.They all rightfully have worked a lot of years to make our union  a great union with honor,respect,and integrity.I Also want to express my condolences to Jeff and his immediate family.He was  good union brother as are other union brothers and sisters,in solidarity ,Samuel Tarallo,steward,proud34yr.member.

Bob

Re: RETIREE MEETINGS AND HONORIAM BENEFIT

Bob
My condolences also. I myself am a member for 56 years. Through good times and bad. Always Union Proud.