RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

JOHN A  DIAZ  VICE-PRESIDENT NYCDC RETIREE’S CARPENTER GUILD
Attention: all retirees who are  concerned about the future need to attend the newly formed New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild it is important to have a  voice, show that you are concerned about what the retirees are faced.  WE CAN'T DO IT ALONE. We meet at the School 2nd floor 10 AM on April 13 we actually meet ever 2nd Wednesday of each month.   I am  reaching out through all aspects of media we need to  band together.
NYC

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

NYC
I am pleased to see retirees will challenge McCarron on the rape of pension benefits @ 395.F

RDK

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

RDK
FINALLY !!!

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

robert colasanti
I completely support what you are doing. If I lived in NY you could count on me. My
residence is in Fl. leaving me out from attending. You can count on me to help in
any way. Loss of medical will truly create a hardship for me. Might be a good idea
to record the minutes and e-mail the info. to the disable brothers/sisters. Justice
will prevail.

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

Retired # 157
Just like Robert ( above ) I would be there - -  but I live in Florida also - -  keep us informed about what is going on . Hope you guys get a good response for this meeting .

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

McCarron is raping your pension funds now and will be targeting more I would suggest you reach out to the Teamster effort which is well organized and way ahead of you http://mycspensionhandsoff.com/      ...45  UBC funds from Alaska to Florida are feeding ULLICO and MEPTS by UBC International force. They have 13 billion of Union fund money between them ..Giving one dime to ULLICO is a breach of their fiduciary duty due to its history and the Trustees and dirty Dougs obligation under the law to ONLY spend in the best interests of fund participants..When your ready I can give you proof your pension tried to exit ULLICO and Separate J Dirty Doug was asked to stop you by ULLICO......I see it worked your still feeding them

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

JOHN A  DIAZ  VICE-PRESIDENT NYCDC RETIREE’S CARPENTER GUILD
I want to thank all those positive postings thus far,  it's my privilege to take the lead on such an important topic as the future of our retirees.   We need to make sure that the District Council keeps their promises to the retirees as to ensuring that after so many years of hard work a person can retiree with dignity and some security as regards to finances.  The Carpenters I have been talking with seem to be satisfied that times are busy and so they are content to have a paycheck each week they need to WAKE UP and consider the future, especially because one day too they will retiree.  I will keep all those interested with updates,  don't feel because you have moved to another state that I will not include you in our Guild , once a brother or sister Carpenter, always shall you be considered. Please understand tough I will post only some of the highlights of the meetings minutes because they are legally binding to the guild, and besides we don't want those who want to keep us down from knowing all that we do.  If you would like for those members who request it and want to know more I can give you my personal email address and give you the highlights. Once again thank you for the positive reactions thus far , I promise you this as as long as their is breathe in my lungs I will be doing my best to see to it that the retired Carpenter is not forgotten
RDK

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

RDK
John it is great that you have formed this guild.  More over, Disabled Retirees are now not able to retire with dignity.   They will be stripped of their medical benefits as of midnight on June 30th.  Many of them may not have 15 vested credits but certainly have put the hours in above and beyond that of 15 vested credits.  It's bad enough that they are disabled and cannot support their families like they could before becoming disabled but now they cannot provide healthcare.  Healthcare that their employers paid into for 16 plus years and more.   How and why were these changes negociated without a single leak to the people who were being exterminated?   Where were our representatives that we went and voted for?  If this happened behind closed doors, what else is happening?  Someone needs to redefine Solidarity and Brotherhood !!

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

viveto20
i been look for a information like this and i am happy to see we have a meeting; about the location you mean on the Labor Technical College on Clarkson Street entrance, please if you can confirm i will be there.

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

Bill Kane
John is there any way to hold those meetings in the afternoons so active members can come and support the people who the union will throw under the bus first. the active members need to understand that they're next.

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

JOHN A  DIAZ  VICE-PRESIDENT NYCDC RETIREE’S CARPENTER GUILD
First off I did not initiate the retirees guild,  it was the Labor Technical College and the District Council,   I was only elected to  the position of VICE-PRESIDENT.   We have considered changing the time to later in the day but it was met with opposition because 10 AM was convenient to many of the retired members. I would also state that the Guild was actually established to not only give the retirees a voice but to ensure that our future members,  The apprentices receive some sort of  mentoring and guidance.   Just because many members are retired doesn't mean that we walk away from "OUR UNION" There is a wealth of knowledge and experience we can offer, as well as ensuring that we are able to retire with security, and dignity after some years of working hard in the field..  In the future we are going to help with the transition from being an active member to retirement . example : May 11th we are having a guest speaker, particularly a lawyer  who will be  able  to  help those with any type of work related injury such as hearing loss, where you might be able to have compensation in the form of providing hearing devices with no cost to you, as well as a  settlement which could be several thousand.  We have a website now, it is WWW.NYCRCG.COM.   My personal cell number is located on the website, i would be happy to talk with you about any concerns you may have.  The Guild is growing strong in strength of knowledge and strength in numbers.  Like I  previously stated we meet at the Labor Technical College 2nd floor 10am  every 2nd Wednesday of the month. I will do my best to keep all those interested up to date.  God bless you and God bless our union. Remember a union is only as strong as its members.

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

Jrc62juan
Thanks brother I will be at this meeting

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

Vincent Borzumato
I will be attending this meeting also.A friend of mine told me about this blog I'm glad to see someone is doing something about our benefits.

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

Tony P
 I plan to attend.  Are wives welcome?  (She can take notes for me)

Re: RETIREE MEETING AT 10AM APRIL 13

Tony Manresa
How do I join I live in Florida are there any plans on putting this meetings up on the web this changes are affecting me and my family Me not so much but my wife and kids will be losing there insurance that we already paid for when we worked United we can make a stand.