Proud of the leadership

Robert M. Marshall
As a 43 year member, retired, I've seen a lot. I was for change in 93, not a very popular position in my local, as a former organizer I believed then and now these changes saved our union. Organize Or Die, three words that say it all. I have been a supporter of Doug McCarron from the first time I heard him layout his vision for the future of our union. Delegates, stay with the best team that's ever led our great union.
General President- Doug McCarron
Doug Baines -1st Vice
Andy Silins-Sec. Treas.
Frank Spenser-2nd Vice
Phil Newkirk-Western Dist.
Dave Tharp-Central Dist.
Jim Smith-Canada
Mike Capelli -Eastern Dist.
Dan Maples-Southern Dist.

Re: Proud of the leadership

unamamus
Boy o boy, are you asking for it!  I am also retired and have heard and read that Doug has put our  pension at risk. There are also events that he is responsible for, such as closing locals, and removing democracy within the membership, to name a few.
  You could at least list certain accomplishments that make you feel the way you do. You do realize that you sound silly making statements of favor with no accountability. Please tell us how Doug and company won your trust, and be specific. Otherwise you are like many others here, that make statements with no backing!
  I'm sure if your pension was reduced considerably, you would still love Doug. Well?

Re: Proud of the leadership

hammer
Robert Marshal , you were an organizer for the UBC. That says it all. You were a suck up from the begining of your career, caring only for your cushie organizing job,as your fellow members slaved away in the field. You took the memberships dues money as your salary which was granted by Mccaron. You have been on Mccarons teet your whole career, so no one expects you to speak any other way. This is the problem in the UBC , Mccaron pays his collaborators and when they go to the general convention to vote for General President , they vote for their salaries instead of the rights of the membership. Very sad. This is why Mccaron now has the right to cut or eliminate your pension, because of idiots who vote for their highly paid salaries instead of Democracy within their union. Sell out scum bags.

Re: Proud of the leadership

unamamus
Well now, Hammer made some very important circumstances come to light. To find out if Hammer is accurate in his description, all we need do is hear from Robert himself. If there is no rebuttal, then I'm afraid we will take Hammer at his word. So you all can see plainly how people arrive at their opinion based on their past experience. There is no more "acting on behalf of the greater good!"  It is already an "It's all about me" society. Even witnessing failings in our elected officials, they get re-elected as if nothing wrong was done. Two folks come to mind-Charlie Rangold, and Hillary. These are just two of many more.

Re: Proud of the leadership

OMG - morons, pyschopaths & mental defectives.

Robert you deluded brain washed fool. What a boob you are from the word go.

Hammer nailed it start to finish. Scumbags, sellout's, traitors etc.; the mud bucket carpenter brigade with no tools, no skills, no real world experience as a ground up carpenter, zero work ethic & a penchant for throwing their fellow union brothers under the bus & crawling over the dead bodies left in the wake to get up front & center at the no knee pads required line with McCarron & his minions & all of it for the sake of self.

You A-ssholes have no clue what a brother or sister is, what it means to work or play on a team or how to meet the accelerated scheduling of the modern era while maintaining quality.

You've all sold out with rate jobs at 60%-80% of contracted wages, thousands of PLA agreements; all while always, always voting yourselves exhorbitant pay raises while simultaneously violating a Standing Order of the UBCJA General Convention from 1887 against "Grading Wages"  while you reduce the wages of the men on the fiedl generating the funds which pay your exhoritant salaries. Grading Wages is demoralizing to the brotherhood; remember? Try reading that Facially Unlawful UBCJA Constitution which you all claim to be gospel.

I guarantee you the group you named above couldn't build a simple saw horse or small tool shed unsupervised in the 4-days of the 2015 general convention If I'm wrong, set it up and we'll be looking for it at the General Convention. Put up or shut up. See if you can organize this in time for the Convention. 1000-1 odds against.

BTW, under Doug's alleged leadership, membership ranks have fallen from 1.3 Million to roughly 475k.

Re: Proud of the leadership

Ethics
One must conclude, just by the decline in membership, that the UBC takes twice as much  for itself ( for Doug McCarrons minions ) from a sharply declining membership- yet fails to act as a true brotherhood. Ten years from now, with 250k or less in membership, it will likely collapse due to the lack of income from the rank and file.....

Re: Proud of the leadership

@ Ted
Ted, you seem to be a smart person. Did you ever do anything to help the members, other then talking ?

Re: Proud of the leadership

Bill Kane
Figures never lie and liars always figure. Robert does that double pension come with opiates? Doug McCarron has destroyed the number of union carpenters single handedly and with the help of sheep's like you. Look at the real membership numbers and you will see the truth. Dont fall back to the bullshit argument that all unions numbers are down cause your boy Doug said he go at it alone and succeed. Obviously his success standards come from the geoge bush school of technology where the more you fuck up the more your rewarded