Productive workers aren't being hired....

Productive workers aren't being hired....

Danny Green
It's the brown nose company guys, family, friends and minorities. I'm not looking for anyone to agree with this, but read my recent posts and you will see that individuals such as myself who is above all an intellectual and member of 12 plus years is being forced out. I only see flashes of a time when people enjoyed going to work. Now when I enter the shanty or walk on a job everyone is gloomy, intimidated. These guys don't know that they're just another piece of meat being tenderized for the grinder.  Anyone who is reading this understands with pinpoint precision of emotion what I am talking about.

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

keep writing
everything you say hits home but the ass kissers will just disregard everything you say + focus on their raise. would you want to be in a foxhole with this type ? get out now danny because these guys will never change or have your back. i hope these guys never get hurt or face hardship because there is no union to fall back on. good luck + dont stop writing writing

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

Danny Green
Believe me when I say this. I've never met a straight forward company guy, I could be off with this but I've always had this unsettling feeling when I was a company guy I made it my business to be a guy ruled with and iron fist and velvet glove. Company guys will set you up in any way possible, they have no sympathy for anyone but themselves. When I was an apprentice I threw a few them to the ground physically, only to be given the "boot" I've never backed down from any foreman or company  fraud I never will. It's insane how the tide has turned those company charlatans think they're doing right by themselves they follow and hang on the foremans every word they don't understand that one day intolerance will surface and someone isn't going to take it. You can only hide for so long company rats before they start poisoning you and slowing you down and taking every single ounce of blood before they throw you to the hall. And then you'll be asking "what is full mobility?" ..."but that's not right, it should be an even number" every dog has its day and when the sparks catch cloth a fire will spread and you goons will fall just like the others before because your greed will haunt you.

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

Danny Green
It's time to make the company rats feel uncomfortable. We can't stand here and just watch them progress while we stand dejected and our wife and kids look at our dejection as a sign of no hope. I for one am ready to bring the fight, I know there's alot of young brothers out there that have invested alot of time,humiliation, hard work and extreme efforts to this day who feel hopeless who need something other than a politicians empty promise to keep him motivated to wake up the next day without feeling of discontent, maybe we can't bring the methods of the rugged wild west days of intimidation but we can hit them where it hurts.

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

freebird
I will not work next to these company scumbags even if the pay was 500 per hour. I will stick to working on my own + they can keep their card. NYCDCC has created alot of enemys + guys are not coming back ....ever.

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

Danny Green
Stop paying dues. If you're on the list, stop paying your dues we have numbers. If they call you on the job and ask why your dues are not paid the question should answer itself. They make millions of dollars off of our dues alone hit them where it hurts

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

IN TOWN
i like when the companys hire a load of us guys who are on the owl just to push the job far ahead and then lay off the owl guys. we have to help the company guys so they can keep their jobs

company guys and owl guys is this diversity no wonder the union is gonna fall

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

Danny Green
You are absolutely right, In Town.... I know a fair share of company guys that bare no skills and yet they are working. I would say half of them are terrible. They just have that rabbi who is a figure in the company therefore keep working.

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

Words
YOU LIKE IT?  Oh I get it, that was sarcasm.  Usually sarcasm is a sign of intelligence.. usually.

What would be nice is, if you could call the out of work list, to push a job, and actually have people compete for their spots.  Now the problem with this is, the majority of the stiffs I get from the hall are not up to par with the company men I have employed.  I wish when I have guys on my job getting into drugs, showing up part time, or becoming complacent because they've been comfortable too long, that I could call the hall and get quality brothers to come earn their jobs.

You think when there is a big push and it's over the foreman lays off the hall guys because they aren't his friend, family member, or fill some quota?  I am sure there are times that this happens, but I am willing to bet that the majority of the men and women let go, were not where they needed to be skill wise at their trade.

I had a brother shape one of my jobs 5 years ago.  I hired him and had 2 other guys show up from the out of work list.  I laid off one of the hall guys immediately after watching him snap lines on a board of rock to rip a foot off it, and hold the screw gun like a 12 year old anorexic chick. The other hall guy got cut at the end of the day after he put up  about a quarter the production the dude who shaped did.   Till this day that guy who shaped still works steady for our company, and I have sat home many a company man, friend, relative, or minority because he earned his position.

If we had some dignity , and pride with whom we allowed to remain in our union,, or passed through the school, then believe me the debate for full mobility would have much more weight on the brothers side, and I would be all for having people cycle out from the OWL.  The problem is you call the hall for someone with acoustical ceiling capabilities, and they show up with a hook knife, a hatchet and  a rasp.   Journeymen are paid too much to be taught how to run a stud layout in a wall so that it can actually be rocked properly, or how to set up a spinning laser to shoot top track, and on and on and on.  Every member coming from the hall should be adept in some form of our trade, and have enough mechanical sense to be able to adapt quickly to similar tasks in field.  Key word being SHOULD.  It's not like that, and I haven't figured out how to get it like that.  I hope we can as a whole start figuring out how to bring the bar up a lot higher then it is right now.

Everyone thinks they work hard, but usually , its just because the work is hard for you.

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

cant bs me
anyone who wanted to follow union rules when the company didnt want to was expendable. period + end of story . i lived it + am proud i didn' toe the line..... oh by the way all my grievances were thrown into the trash. this union has nothing but criminals + ball lickers + their all still there because they didn't rock the boat. I survived + would never lower myself like you guys + most are not the least bit ashamed. hope you guys die of aids with all the cock you sucked + go bullshit someone else. you guys always made me sick to my stomach.

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

Local 45
Words, i wouldnt waste your time with mr green... Not only is he a union carpenter but he does complex tin work, he knows how to coordinate and install these big hvac units but admits he doesnt know how to read a hvac print but yet knows the "understanding the language and intricates of how the trade operates". So pretty much hes seen a tin knocker hang tin and set hvac units on a roof of a commercial building and now considers himself an all around "tradesmen"> He is also an author and is about to release a book on how " to read blue prints for taping" and then hes going to release the bombshell of a book with" how to read advance painting blueprints".... I cant wait to buy it!

Re: Productive workers aren't being hired....

Danny Green
Again local 45 you take my words out of context, tell us do you get drunk and high only when you're home or do you carry the party over to the job site. Iwas simply saying I've done more than run a drywall crew. You really need to acknowledge your passive aggressive behavior, maybe look into adding on to your own unit because your insecurities are crippling you