Quantcast

Pro-tem LU 157 Pres. Gausman complains to UBC's Frank Spencer

Pro-tem LU 157 Pres. Gausman complains to UBC's Frank Spencer

We Never Forget
Credible sources report: recently elected pro tem Local 157 President Gerald Gausman has contacted UBC Eastern District Vice President-- and former Supervisor of NYCDCC-- Frank Spencer, to complain about the 157 Executive Board determination he was pro tem for meeting only.

Following Forde regime indictments, UBC General President McCarron imposed a Trusteeship on the NYC District Council, and appointed Frank Spencer as Supervisor-- who later gave back our contractual raises to the employer associations, and then attempted to force through pro-boss Full Mobility agreements without local member input, on the last day of his UBC Trusteeship in NYC.

During Spencer's regime, in 2011, a report by UBC Chief of Staff Phil Newkirk, including: "THE PROPOSED NEW YORK CITY RESTRUCTURING PLAN," was submitted to the U.S. Attorney's Office, and Southern District Federal Court Judge Berman, who presides over the Consent Decree.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:AUKcmCwbA3AJ:franco1.info/1-90-cv-05722/2011-05-26_Conboy--Berman_Exh_D_Newkirk_Restructuring_Memo.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiziRsdnstmJANHQKOmhDF0bsLNNdRJ_uWItVmWJHJw0keKAHoTQ-Dr0F5PbX4-kL2Ie1vPp0kD8oRJ7cD-_kpbNWKiQiwNbrEZNelK30Dk0Q7NJAuCdegQKZRBaMs2iC6IpWQP&sig=AHIEtbQs5A4DyOLs2p0dC7WvgG6dUw_XSA

The 'Newkirk Plan' involves dissolution and/or merging of NYC Locals, and chartering of new Locals, including an 'Interior Systems LU' aka 'Local 395.' Members categorized as 'interior systems carpenters' would be transferred out of remaining Locals 157, and 45-- into 'LU 395.' According to labor law, and the UBC Constitution, McCarron would then have the power to appoint all new LU officers, and delegates.

Also in 2011, following the dissolution of Local 608, then pro tem LU 157 President Mike Bilello appointed former LU 608 Vice President Gerry Gausman to the office of 157 V.P. Later, when running for EST, Bilello brought in Gausman to run as Council Warden, on his 'Rank and File Team' slate-- with a platform for Member ratification of Contracts, transparency, and against Full Mobility.

Gausman lost his election; and EST Bilello reneged on core 'Rank and File Team' campaign promises.

Eyewitnesses report: Gausman recently 'kissed the ring' at campaign fundraising party of former 608 Officer, Forde appointed Political Director, and now Council President, Steve McInnis.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72895635/Election-Newsletter-Nov-15-Posted

 Special Election Edition –2011 District Council Election Of Officers

ELECT
Gerard (Gerry)Gausman
 for CONDUCTOR

As a proud member of the Carpenters Union for 28 years, I am honored to run on the Rank & File Team. There are very few times in one’s life that you can say “I made a difference.” This election is one of those times. Please mail in your ballot as soon as you receive it and make your voice heard. All ballots must be received by the District Council by 5pm on December 15th.

Our team represents a unified front for the membership. We believe in the voice of the members and we want to hear your issues. It is our pledge to you that all delegates and officers will be held accountable. We will institute a roll call in order to promote transparency; thus giving members the knowledge on how each person voted.

As a father of 3 wonderful boys, I teach my children to look out for their brothers. This is the same message that I stand for today: I will look out for my brothers and sisters. I believe that members should vote on every contract and that we need to revise the 20% pay cuts from PLAs. Furthermore, our vacation pay should not be double assessed on these PLA jobs as these members are already taking a hit in their wallets. The continuation of PLAs should be terminated.

It is my belief that there should be a modified hiring hall. The out of work list has failed us. If a carpenter is sent to a job for drywall and framing then he/she must be competent at that position. Just like if a concrete carpenter gets sent to a concrete job then he/she must be competent to work with concrete. The list is in such disarray, that as a result carpenters are desperate for work and some may overstate their abilities. Carpenters must be accurately matched to the work that they are dispatched to. For years now the District Council has been “business as usual” and this must stop. The ownership of the Union must go back into the hands of the members. The Rank & File Team will deliver this to the membership.

Re: Pro-tem LU 157 Pres. Gausman complains to UBC's Frank Spencer

Jack Meoff
This guy will hand the local over to the the cronies at the DC if he thinks there is a job there for him. Gausman couldn't run a Kool-Aid stand outside 395 Hudson st much less local 157. Anyone who thinks this guy is capable of running the local is a moron. When Gerry goes out to eat the waitress hands him a box of crayons .

Re: Pro-tem LU 157 Pres. Gausman complains to UBC's Frank Spencer

Who is Gerry Guzman?
With a name like "Guzman" I'm not surprised he is no good!

Re: Pro-tem LU 157 Pres. Gausman complains to UBC's Frank Spencer

I posted this article on June 19, 2011

President Gausman Shows No Leadership

We’ve had strong presidents and weak presidents, skillful presidents and incompetent presidents, honest presidents and corrupt presidents. Gerry Gausman stands alone as the first president who simply declines to lead.

I received Gausman's "Carpenters for Solidarity,"campaign mailing on Friday, it is devoid of any substance on the issues, does not give you a single reason why you should vote and does not even mention that Gausman is the president!

After you read past the first 14 pitiful sentences you get this for a reason to vote;

"At all general membership meetings, we will inform the members on all issues, our positions on the issues, and anything we voted on at the Executive Board meeting. There will be no secrets. We are not naive enough to think this will be easy, but we are confident that once the membership is informed and has access to the same information as the Executive Board, the union will be stronger than ever."

So Gausman thinks informing the membership at a meeting is a herculean task, and if he can accomplish this task, "the union will be stronger than ever" and the members will have "their union back."

On March 21st, Gausman was constitutionally appointed Vice President pro tem, and for all intents and purposes has been in charge of the local. On March 14, former President Lawrence D'Errico received a written "NOTICE OF POSSIBLE ACTION" and has been absent since, D'Errico was officially veto by the RO on April 12.

So why is Gausman acting like he is not in charge? He has shown absolutely no leadership since taking office. He has not posted the meeting minutes on the locals website even though a motion was made and carried at the March meeting to do so. He failed to preside at the April union meeting, he is not listed as an officer on the official Local 157 website, he does not say he is the president of the local and he conducted the May meeting "ineptly, most of which was unintelligible due to a woefully inadequate sound system."

On every issue since he was appointed, Gausman has dumped responsibility and set a pattern of negligible leadership. Why is Gausman so leadership averse?

Why is there no mention of the issues on his campaign mailing or website, no mention of continued corruption, no mention of the dismal supervision, no mention of the UBC's restructuring plan and proposed by-laws that violate the rights of the local and the membership.

Where is Gausman's plan or voice in opposition? If you are not offering a plan or voice to help protect and defend members rights, then you're in favor of the UBC's plan and agenda to violate members rights.

Gausman is correct on one thing, "this will be the most important election ever."

On June 22, you can either choose someone who is fighting for members rights or someone who is not, the choice is yours to make.

Re: Pro-tem LU 157 Pres. Gausman complains to UBC's Frank Spencer

Frankie Full Mobility
Everyone knows Gerry is out for Gerry .Gerry is praying that his boy Biello will get him a council job. Gerry ran a slate against full mobility and sold out to Mr. Mobility McInnis for council votes be president of 157. So now Gerry went crying and bitching to Frank "northeast regional" Spencer. When are you starting your business agent job Gerry ?