Presidential election

brodymartin
Brothers and Sisters, this Thursday we as the rank and file of this union, the nuts and bolts, have an opportunity to make a change. It is not about two credits here and there, not about how many credits in X amount of years of service. It is about us. Please get out and vote !! End of the week, your tired, holidays around the corner along with all the craziness happening in our world. Make the effort to get to the polls, show up and make yourself be heard. Please remember what Brother Jeremy Milin mentioned in his closing statement;a quote by George Meany " The basic goal of labor will not change. It is - as it always has been and sure to always be - to better the standards of life for all who work for wages and to seek decency,justice and dignity for all ". We have an opportunity to elect a man made for the moment ...MILIN for president.

Re: Presidential election

Daniel J. Franco
brodymartin,

You are well-written and I agree with the spirit of your statements. However, I disagree that Milin is the candidate that is capable of achieving and enforcing such standards.

Dan

Daniel J. Franco
Certified UBC Steward
LU157, NYCDCC, UBCJA
UBC#: 6027-2876
Mob/Txt: 917-226-3447
Email:danieljfranco1[at]gmail.com

Re: Presidential election

brodymartin
Spirit and change is what the process is all about to reverse the " apathy " outlined by the RO. I would expect that you would take a position ,being you are one of the candidates seeking the position. When you talk about " capability " that is an opinion and not sure what you are basing that on, other than some last minute negativity. Jeremy was and is a " stand up " guy, not that any of you attempting to be president are not. He was selected from the three day process because others saw the qualities required for the position. Now others can  attempt to nullify because they were not chosen, so be it. He went on to the IG office because of those same qualities, then came back as a representative, and is now seeking office. Anyone who has experienced his professionalism and work ethic as a council representative can verify how he conducts himself in the field. With only a handful of days to go I urge you to make an effort to vote for someone who can make a difference. His words and his actions make him the best choice for DC president , Brother Jeremy Milin. With respect to all, please vote.

Re: Presidential election

John
Perhaps some of the candidates who did not attend the November Meeting #20 will speak  @ the December meeting I would like to hear from you.

Re: Presidential election

INQUIRY
He was selected from the three day process because others saw the qualities required for the position.

Are you actually touting Millins capability as president because UBC brownshirts did the hiring? And did that hiring have an express lane toward the presidency? If so then there are other reasons he's employed @ 395. The IG's office is a joke, overpaid & overmanned without carpenters. Scary thing that a UBC hired post is chasing this dream.

 VOTE A TRULY INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE = DAN FRANCO

Re: Presidential election

30 yr guy
                milin s not the man   he is Macwillams and capersos boy thease guys are looking beyond  beillo   the members  need to get out and vote vote for franco  or expect a screwing like you never seen

Re: Presidential election

dockbuilder
I have to agree Milin is not the man we need somebody from the outside not a paid nycdcc employee and yes man. Dan Franco is that man. He is very knowlegable in the UBC constitution,nycdcc bylaws, and Roberts Rules of order. Also he takes up the position of transparancy to the members. He is against full mobility. He also would like to amend the bylaws to give members ratification of thier contracts. This is the man the rank and file need to stop the closing of the doors at the district council to the members. Vote dec. 20 for Danniel J. Franco

Re: Presidential election

Critical Thinking Required
Dear Mr Brody martin I was in the three day with Jeremy Milin and although hes a nice guy he was as clueless about organizing campaigns as they come. He as well as 99 percent of the people hired were foremans of the big companies.the fact that they were foremans was no coincidence. While it may be true that Jeremy is a gentleman that is not a qulification for a position that will rely on one man to have the backs of 20000 members.A man like Dan Franco who was laughed at because of his lack of credits is a guy we need someone whos not concerned about whether people like him or not.The job is to look after the members you cant do that trying to win the nice guy award. Also mr brody being promoted in this dysfunctional dc is kinda of crazy considering that most of the buisness reps dont know their jobs and Jeremy wasnt there very long to get his feet wet. I suggest we all vote for the guy whos been there for us even when we didnt ask i say vote Dan Franco for President of the DC

Re: Presidential Election

The Critical Decision!

If You want REAL Change for the betterment of the Rank and File Membership.

Dan Franco is the man to support and elect as President of the NYCDCC.