Presidential Debate

brodymartin
I was in attendance the other evening when the DC hosted the four candidates running for president ( wish there were more ), they alternated answering questions from the RO about the duties of the office and district council. If you do nothing else take time to listen to the closing statements, if will only take a few minutes of your time, and is posted and video taped on the DC web site. Brother Jeremy Milin expressed himself with a well thought out vision and broad base appeal to the rank and file of what a president should be. He was " spot on " and clearly separated himself from the others as a potential president that we can be proud of, rebuilding the DC one member at a time. I think anyone who can take the time will come to the same conclusion.

Re: Presidential Debate

Ditch the rose tinted glasses
In the debate, Jeremy Milin basically agreed with everything Steve McInnis said, and like an attack dog, angrily pushed condemnation at those who dare criticize. A clear indication of Milin-- at the core-- is demonstrated by his call for 'unity' over all other concerns. Apparently, the crippling effect of Unity Team mentality upon the Council has not been fully comprehended, by so many 'yes men' Carpenters-- their principle strategy for Union organizing still relies on blind loyalty, and falling into line, without question. What we desperately need is critical thinking, not followers and clones. To solve a problem requires knowing what the problem actually is, to begin with. Jeremy Milin claims he's a problem solver; just don't point out anything wrong: that might upset him.

Re: Presidential Debate

PRIMO UNION
Wheres the Union label? Wheres the representation that backs the members? When was being obideient a union value? Wheres the solidarity on jobsites not stealing each others work? Wheres the leadership that is embolden by a proud membership?Where can any pride be taken when you have to be treated like a mutt? Rest in Peace labor if we go on like this! PJ Mac Guire would NOT BE PROUD OF THIS ORGANIZATION!!! MR WALSH HEAVY HANDED IS HOW CONFIDENT MEN PRESENT THEMSELVES!!! IM UNION and PROUD TO REPRESENT THE MEMBERSHIP!!!

Re: Presidential Debate

joe bones
Jeremy is a puppet for the RO & IG

Re: Presidential Debate

jet-line
Jeremy Milin was an employee of the Inspector General's Office under Scott Danielson-- we know that. Why did he leave? What was his relationship with the IG, and the RO? It is obvious watching the video that Milin has no real ideas of his own. He believes in unity, is for problem solving, against risk assessment, and has a vague notion NYC Carpenters are paid too much. Notice (especially in the beginning) the blank stare, and long pauses, as if his mind locks up like setting concrete. Perhaps Jeremy took too many blows to the head, while providing advertising space for Tiger Shulman. Whatever semi-literate hype spin doctors dish, Milin needs more than creative writing to shim-out the apparent difference between man and myth.