Pacific Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters - Authorization Card

Pacific Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters - Authorization Card

Ted
In regard to the UBC PNWRCC 4-PAGE SKILLS & AUTHORIZATION CARD FOR DUES ETC, these questions were directed to the NLRB's Office of Inspector General. The response indicates that effected UBC members need to File Unfair Labor Practice charges with their local Regional Office of the NLRB.

In short, they will not investigate this until an effected UBC member files charges. If you have matters where NLRB Board Attorneys have colluded with UBC officials, they will investigate those charges & their internal personnel.

February 1, 2011

Dear Inspector General,

Please review the following 4-pages, specifically the portion for the NW Regional Council of Carpenters skills card designation with the Union Security Clause, which is typically reserved for incorporation into the CBA.

The United Brotherhood of Carpenters & Joiners of America (UBC) and its International is currently consolidating Local Unions on a national level, confiscating all funds & initiating Unilateral Changes to signed CBA's without the benefit or effect of bargaining to impasse with any effected member or members and they are clearly writing & incorpporating language within the  new Union Authorization Card (attached here) which negate in one fell swoop all known NLRB Board Precedent, Appellate Court precedents & United States Supreme Court precedent realtive to Beck Rights, Section 7 Violations etc.

The UBC Constitution & Bylaws have been declared facially unlawful per Lebovitz. When read as a whole, and/or when the NLRA, the Act is read in unison with the UBC's Constitution & Bylaws in a side by side comparison, line by line - the defects & failure of these documents would be readily apparent to any common man, let alone a first year law student or a competent practicing attorney.

The UBC Constitution, when written in direct contravention to the NLRA  does not negate the Act, nor does the UBC's Constitution usurp Congressional Authority to initiate & write and pass legislation. Our alleged leaders believe otherwise, that they are in fact above the law(s) and do whatever they please & simply ignore the NLRA as it suits them.

This Document as written and put to the members on a take it or leave it basis, it clearly & unequivocally violates union or non-union member rights to join or refrain joining....moreover, the UBC has no legal basis to continue anything but a one time Union Initiation Fee & cannot continue deducting for that on a monthly basis.

Nor can the UBC or its constituent/affiliated Councils or new Locals not allow a member to resign to escape the rule, and then in complete & utter disregard of Board & Sup. Ct. precedent - continue collecting & making deductions after the employee has duly resigned.

This is clearly illegal and it is not a simple typo by a secretary, rather - it is written specifically to deny UBC Union Members & Non-Members rights guaranteed by Federal Labor Law and it fly's in the face of the Act's purpose & intent.

Please advise how you will proceed on this matter. Will the OIG prefer to have individual members file ULP charges?

OIG RESPONSE:

Thank you for contacting the National Labor Relation Board's Office of Inspector General.

The mission of the Office of Inspector General is to promote integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness at the NLRB by conducting audits and investigations in an independent manner, and objectively reporting to Agency officials and the Congress. Because our mission is focused on matters internal to the NLRB, we do not engage in the investigation of unfair labor practices or matters relating to union representation.

You may find assistance, however, with your question by contacting an NLRB Regional Office near you. Regional Offices investigate unfair labor practices and handle union representation matters. You can locate the office near you by visiting the NLRB web page.

This is a link to the Regional office page:
http://www.nlrb.gov/about_us/locating_our_offices/index.aspx

I'm sorry that I cannot offer a more favorable response, but I hope you find this information useful.

Dave Berry,

Office of Inspector General

Re: Pacific Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters - Authorization Card

listman
"BULLY FOR YOU TEDDY"  I couldn't resist, sorry.

I'll comment on this later as I have paperwork in his office as well.  So too is W. Hartley addressing him.

Re: Pacific Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters - Authorization Card

Ted
Thanks but it ain't about me - it's about all of us & who has the ball, or the cards to play. I am waiting for other responses as well. Funny thing is, we have regular UBC brothers more in tune with the laws & the issues than the EST's...ours was not even aware that this new UBC policy & the consolidations were taking place.

I will tweak this a bit & send it to Hilda Solis, Obama's Secretary of Labor & also to the US Department of Justice. We need to get this on an expedited path for review, turn up the heat on Doug, let him know he is being watched & that this shit shall be challenged.

Re: Pacific Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters - Authorization Card

anon
Banned User

Re: Pacific Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters - Authorization Card

Ted
anon - kudo's, guilty - you found two typo's

back to your old tactics - incapable of original thought so you gotta attack everyone else.....I honestly don't have the time to waste on your dribble.