Out of Towners?

1 ... 1011121314151617

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
I dont get this Tammy Rivera bullshit. Ask a guy from Staten Island how much he pays in 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAX ? This is another reason why we are sinling to the bottom. Tammy , go fuck yourself !

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
I hope tolls go to 20$$$$ + tickets go to 2000$$$$. Fuck you OUT OF TOWNERS !

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
HEAR THIS , If you dont pay 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAX you should not be on the job. Either get me out of nycdc or wait untill all 5 BOROGH LOCAL TAXPAYING CARPENTERS ARE FULLY EMPLOYED. For years a nycdc 5 BOROUGH GUY COULDN'T work in another area before every one of their members were working. This is a joke !NON 5 BOROUGH CARPENTERS GET THE FUCK BACK TO YOUR SHITHOLES !

Re: Out of Towners?

out of towner
that's because you suck

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Wrong brother. Im tired of double standards, freeloaders,....... I must hit a nerve with you. Im probably a better worker than you also but i dont suck cock.

Re: Out of Towners?

joe blow
Fuck nycdc

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
my point Al was that this is more of the same crap our DC has been trying and failing at for years, selling out the whole populace of one of our boroughs, and that a woman I used to consider a friend is a friend no more. How others who dont know me got in the middle is beyond me. Tammy lost a friend by standing up for the PA and her paycheck. Honor is saying NO when something hurts your brethren, and Tammy knows the PA line of shit at least as well as I. Where are the honorable people to lead us into a decent future?

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
And she got the job because Ole Olsen, you know the guy who "made a deal" with the RO, pushed for her to make himself look good to douggie and the boys. I was all for her, but seeing the true nature, I must desist from backing her. Now, any of you fucks actually know the truth like I do, say your piece. There are only seven other people who know the trurh, so the rest, back off.

Re: Out of Towners?

union guy

maybe you guys should focus your anger or frustration on the dc not guys who live in  jersey. yeah i live in jersey but make no mistake im a nyc carpenter im a member of 608 i mean 157 pay my dues just like you and pay my ny taxes so shove it. what i don't like is local 15 and local 6 guys working in ny when we have our own guys on the list. as for you maybe if you were a better carpenter you would be working

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
Of course you're right, that is the more important issue. But second to the guys from outside locals is the number of guys who live in suburbia. Again, I'm suggesting that new applicants be residents of NYC and that over the next year or two we begin sending NYC residents to work off the OWL first, and then residents of other municipalities. More of the NYC money needs to remain in NYC or it becomes an untenable situation, with more money leaving the area and being spent elsewhere like in Jersey and Upstate. More contracts, especially gov ones, need to be written with residency caveats like at Yankee and Citi. I mean, look at the number of workers who are members of outside locals working at the trade center. How does anyone stand up and say building those buildings is an economic boon for NYC like Bloomie and friends said it would be? More than half the money is leaving the city, so what good is it doing our city? Its really a pretty valid point brother from Jersey. Take Care, stay away from power lines.

Re: Out of Towners?

Ted
U.S. Supreme Court

WHITE v. MASS. COUNCIL OF CONSTR. EMPLOYERS, 460 U.S. 204 (1983)
460 U.S. 204
WHITE, MAYOR OF BOSTON, ET AL. v. MASSACHUSETTS COUNCIL OF CONSTRUCTION
EMPLOYERS, INC., ET AL.
CERTIORARI TO THE SUPREME JUDICIAL COURT OF MASSACHUSETTS
No. 81-1003.

Argued November 1, 1982
Decided February 28, 1983

Petitioner Mayor of Boston, Mass., issued an executive order requiring all construction projects funded in whole or in part by city funds or funds that the city had authority to administer to be performed by a work force at least half of which are bona fide residents of the city. The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court held the order unconstitutional under the Commerce Clause.

Held:

The Commerce Clause does not prevent the city from giving effect to the Mayor's executive order. Pp. 206-215.

(a) When a state or local government enters the market as a participant, it is not subject to the restraints of the Commerce Clause. Hughes v. Alexandria Scrap Corp., 426 U.S. 794 ; Reeves, Inc. v. Stake, 447 U.S. 429 . In a case like the instant one, the only inquiry is whether the challenged program constituted direct state or local participation in the market. Pp. 206-208.

(b) Insofar as the city expended only its own funds in entering into construction contracts for public projects, it was a market participant and entitled to be treated as such under the rule of Alexandria Scrap Corp. Even if implementation of the Mayor's order might have a significant impact on specialized construction firms employing out-of-state residents, this is not relevant to the inquiry of whether the city is participating in the marketplace when it provides funds for construction. Impact on out-of-state residents figures in the equation only after it is decided that the city is regulating the market rather than participating in it, for only in the former case need it be determined whether any burden on interstate commerce is permitted by the Commerce Clause. And, even if the Mayor's order is characterized as sweeping too broadly, such characterization is relevant only if the Commerce Clause imposes restraints on the city's activity and is no help in deciding whether those restraints apply. Pp. 209-211.

(c) Insofar as the Mayor's order was applied to projects funded in part with funds obtained from certain federal programs, the order was affirmatively sanctioned by the pertinent regulations of those programs. [460 U.S. 204, 205]   Where the restrictions imposed by the city on construction projects financed in part by federal funds are directed by Congress, then no dormant Commerce Clause issue is presented. Pp. 212-213.

384 Mass. 466, 425 N. E. 2d 346, reversed and remanded.
REHNQUIST, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which BURGER, C. J., and BRENNAN, MARSHALL, POWELL, STEVENS, and O'CONNOR, JJ., joined. BLACKMUN, J., filed an opinion concurring in part and dissenting in part, in which WHITE, J., joined, post, p. 215.

Laurence H. Tribe argued the cause for petitioners. With him on the briefs were Kurt M. Pressman, Mark D. Stern, and Harold J. Carroll.

Paul J. Kingston argued the cause and filed a brief for respondents. *

BRKLYN
THIS IS THE CASE YOU WERE LOOKING FOR. ALSO OF NOTE, THIS TIES DIRECTLY TO THE LANDMARK "BOSTON HARBOR" CASE ...JUST GOOGLE 507 US 218 FINDLAW,

re: Project Stabilization Agreements (PSA's) & Project Labor Agreements (PLA's) the most common names associated with these agreements. The arguments in both cases here is where the Non-Union ABC comes in on amicus briefs crying wolf and claiming that Non-Union GC's & Sub's are being locked out, or froze out of the market.

The Supreme Court handily disposed of this argument & the original case, WOELKE & ROMERO FRAMING, INC. v. NLRB, 456 U.S. 645 (1982) and Boston Harbor BUILDING & C. TRADES COUNC. v. ASSOC. BLDRS., 507 U.S. 218 (1993) have not been overturned.

Re: Out of Towners?

BRKLYN - YOU got the Number 1 issue on the Entire Blog right here, so what are the Current Delegates Positions on this Question?

Someone here needs to take the lead on this before the Delegate Election.

This is a simple issue - who are the current Delegates & what is their position on this critical issue...yeah or nay?

You gotta weed these guys out, all the flip-floppers who will tel you what you want to hear & then do the opposite. Then you need to publish the names of the Delegates who oppose the Residency Requirement for all PLA jobs. The range should be 25% - 50%.

NYCDCC has the manpower to fill every position, with 6k + men & woman on the OWL. YOU also have the people with every requisite skill that Contactors require, so why let the outsiders & travelers exclude the NYC & Boarough residents form working in their own backyard.

The first list that shoud be complied is a list of Delegates who currently physically reside here & who can prove it. Then you need a list of al lthose Delegates who live in othere areas or States (that will give you a big hint right there). Then the question needs to be asked of each one.

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
Ted, in 2287 alone most of the board and all but one delegate live somewhere else. This is the root of our corruption problem. These guys have NO interest in the city of NY except as a cash cow. The city is s cesspool to them, so why do they continue to work here? I just don't get it. If I hated this city, which I dearly love, I wouldn't be here at all, let alone commute and pay large tolls to work here. They should Go back where they live and build the Union there. ONLY NYC residents for DELEGATE at the NYCDCC. It makes sense. This is how you'll begin to weed out the thieving scum like pissant, another weasel who had NO USE whatsoever for NYC and its residents except for the money he could steal and the grossly inflated salary he stopped earning years ago. Reminds me of Fordes farm.

Re: Out of Towners?

procity
im all for the commuter tax go tolls go

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Get rid of any OUT OF TOWNER that doesn't pay local tax.

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
Al, what do you think about delegates and bus reps and so called organizers from outside of the city?

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
The carpenters union + the nycdc is a criminal organization + has been out of control for a long time. The guys from NJ,LI,PA think their different than other states, but pay no LOCAL TAX like all other OUT OF TOWNERS. I have given my opinion on this many times. Let all the leeches+maggots rot in hell but also look at the shitholes NJ, LI + PA have become !

Re: Out of Towners?

procity
city locals should be run by city people nobody from nj or li should be head of any city locals.ill bet the reason everyone from l.i has a city union card was because of kennedy he is from long island.city unions should be run by city people .just the way li and nj does it

Re: Out of Towners?

johnny cigars
when they stopped giving the 40 hr osha you idiot

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
What does Dan Franco think about OUT OF TOWNERS that dont pay NYC LOCAL TAX ? Why does NJ, LI ,PA carpenters work before 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING members ? Send all OUT OF TOWNERS back to their shitholes ! Who is entitled to hold a NYCDC card ?
1 ... 1011121314151617