Out of Towners?

12345 ... 17

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
    Divisiveness is exactly what this union doesn't need, especially at this time of crisis. We are under attack from the UBC and the non union element and you guys are attacking your brothers and sisters.Your actions say a lot about your true nature. When push comes to shove you can't be depended on to fight with your union brothers and sisters against our common enemies. I have earned the right to work in NYC and I am here to stay. If you don't agree push for a commuter tax. Union carpenters need each other so join us in the fight to take our union back.

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
No brother, just get first right to the work, then everyone else. I know I get a bit nuts with some of my words and just want you to re read...5 boroughs work first in the 5 boroughs, then the rest, just like it is in all the other jurisdictions. its really not that unreasonable.

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
  You wrote "ever try to get work in LI with a NYC union card" so you know that there's a problem. You also know that I hold a NYC card, so should I just wait for everybody here and there to be working before I work? I pay dues in my local and I work in my local's jurisdiction and there is nothing wrong with that. Your issue is more a political issue than a union issue. I've said it before, fight for a commuter tax. I have no problem with that. In the meantime stand together with your union brothers and sisters. We are all obligated to help each other. See you at the rally April 13, 3pm

Re: Out of Towners?

Yeah
I agree, and no one who was not born in the city, Caucasians only, between 33 to 49 years old, no left handed people, grey eyes, then blue, then brown, no one with different colored eyes, blondes first, then brunettes, then black hair, no red heads, must weigh between 180 and 210, must like rock music, no facial tattoos, no pierced ears,  shop stewards go out first, after that the guys with the most number of classes, must be able to sing the national anthem, no apprentices unless everyone else is working, 100% from the OWL, must have collected unemployment, that should cover it.

Re: Out of Towners?

chris
i was born and raised in nyc, lived in nyc for over 27 years and now live out on the island and actually under local 45's jurisdiction but to see people say i cant work in nyc cause i dont live in nyc limits anymore can suck my nut sack. I work year in year out and the ones i think that shouldnt work or even be in the union are the members who cant hold a freaking job nevertheless a screw gun, bunch of out of work cry babies posting on this website. survival of the fittest... lets start trimming the fat in our locals!

Freeloading

Rev. Al
I hope the cost of commuting skyrockets for all out of towners. I am also enlisting the reverand Al Sharpton to bus people into your towns to run for office. I dont think you want to marches, do you ? Fuck all of you freeloading maggots ! Dont forget that city members pay the taxes that keep the city going. Has gas reached 5 yet ? Go to hell + out of towners go home !

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
Sorry Levi, but all union issues are political issues whether you like it or not. And AGAIN, I suggested NYC residents get first crack. To the brother who moved to LI, why not join the local (7 I think) where you live? That brother is a question, not a putdown. You wouldn't lose any of your pension, annuity  money, so whats the problem?  And you work year in, yera out? Obvious company man ...you hate shop stewards who stand up for the CBA too, don't you? Thats not Union nor does it satisfy the definition of the word LOCAL. Now, more polite discourse or nonsense? Our mayor and elected officail are too pussified to even bring up a commuter tax again because all the electeds from out of the city ( more electeds than here) are against it. Why should anyone but the city govt have a say in this? Doesn't make sense to me. And agin, I said NYC residents get first crack. How can that be bad? Oh right, you're only thinking of you...AGAIN!

Re: Out of Towners?

chris
Because the last time i checked i was a nycdcc member. Did my apprenticeship and paid my dues to my union,local and company and if i want to work in the city of new york where i paid taxes for many years then im entitled to do so. Just because i opted to by a house outside nyc to benefit my family doesnt give you or any member the right to tell me where i can work. What does a company man or shop steward talk have anything to do with this conversation is beyond me but ive worked with many very talented shop stewards and ive worked with shop stewards who had worse blatters then my four yr old son and no thats not a compliment. Like i said before its time we trim the fat and get rid  of the dead weight so that the true "carpenters and tradesmen" have work all year around instead of taking members money who shouldnt be in this union in the first place(maybe you fall in that category).I heard the shoe makers union is hiring!

Re: Out of Towners?

John A. Diaz
Pete the amount of money for a permit to work in the City, was the difference in the dues amount from their local and the area worked, due to the fact that our dues was almost always more. Hope that answered your question. JD

Re: Out of Towners?

Pete Corrigan
Thanks John, my dad could not recall the amount.

Re: Out of Towners?

Mike
BKLYN, People who moved out of the city are the very brothers and sisters who work hard to pay for their homes and support their families.  Their hard work also adds many benefit hours to support the benefit fund.  They are union brothers and sisters just like thier counterparts who reside in the 5 boros.  Lack of work is just an unfortunate part of our business.  Times will get better, I hope your attitude does too!!

Re: Freeloading

Mike
Rev Al,  just so you know the majority of tax collected in NYC is paid by corporations.  While your at it Rev. Al, dont' forget to pay your taxes.  I believe you 1.5 million.
ha

Re: Freeloading

ha
Al Sharton Lives in NEW JERSEY!!!!!!hahahahahahaha moron (REV AL)

Re: Out of Towners?

listman
 Lack of work is just an unfortunate part of our business.    Times will get better, I hope your attitude does too!!

Rico, OWL manipulation, the 35 people not employed at the council or locals anymore, the anti corruption committee, Spencers failed appouintments, should I go on about the UBC's attuiutude of watching it happen !

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev. Al
This issue has the full cooperation & understanding of our mayor. Look for congestion tax below 96th st & many other ways of bringing in $$ to close the gap created by loss of commuter tax. One way or another you will pay & when you do the penalty will be expensive. Should I be able to work in Florida ahead of a member with a Florida book ? Whats to stop every member from getting a nyc book ? Members need to understand that the floodgates will open on nyc books if this residency issue isn't challenged in court. Do you want all out of state residents to hold nyc books ? Are you for FULL MOBILITY. Please dont tell nyc residents how to run our city & we wont tell you how to run yours. Remember, our mayor will do whatever it takes to protect it's tax base & solvency. It's going to get interesting in nyc & ubc. Out of towners are soon to have $$$$ problems !

Re: Out of Towners?

Pete - the chief component of "property" is "the right to exclude others", per the U.S. Supreme Court.

"Jurisdiction" is a "property right" created by enactment of the NLRA and in the Union environment it is governed by the proviso to Section 8(a)(3); and, your Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) specifically lines out the property and the territory in which you can and cannot work.

The "Permit" you speak of, from days not too far past is a "LICENSE" to that "PROPERTY RIGHT",to wit, each & every Local Union Member has a claim, a stake.

The Local, through its members, executive boards and bylaws can make and issue rules governing if and when a PERMIT or LICENSE to work in your defined jurisdictional area is to be allowed, or not allowed. The Permit & License is akin to a temporary easement on said "property rights", for a "definitive time certain" (the duration of a specific project, it could be whatever the parties bargain for, 2 weeks, a month etc).

The UBC-NERCC, via another bogus case proffered by the International & Doug McCarron in UBC Local 43 & Lebovitz, in cahoots with the DOL/NLRB issued a decision for MOBILITY which is an end run around those property rights guaranteed under the NLRA. This decision & order is contrary to the Act and amounts to the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) & the UBC International & its subordinate Intermediary Council NERCC "legislating from the bench" to NEGATE or REMOVE said rights of Union Members to protect their "PROPERTY RIGHT" which run from the execution of one Contract (CBA) to another, and through subsequent extensions of the contract, during & through contract negotiations.

Neither the UBC or the DOL's ALJ or the NLRB Board in Washington DC can legislate these property rights away. Congress has not as of this date, amended the NLRA  to allow this to occur. Moreover, they are the only ones who can do this.

And, as I have posted before, NEW YORK is not a Right to Work (RTW) state; thus, the power and right to exclude others, once the proviso to Section 8(a)(3) has been complied with remains intact.

NERCC counsel, claims that their Mobility Clause is an exclusion to the Default Rule in the CBA, and that is where their argument to the NLRB Board in Lebovitz is "fatally flawed", as the exclusion to the Default Rule for Mobility they are seeking can only be amended & changed by an Act of Congress to change the Union Security Clause in the NLRA, not the CBA.

Enactment of the NLRA is what conferred the "Property Right", NOT enactment/execution of the CBA.

The only thing remaining then, is what the individual LOCAL's wish to charge for the nonmember, for Outsiders or Travelers to PURCHASE a PERMIT for a specific duration of time as previosuly noted.

Re: Out of Towners?

listman
This decision & order is contrary to the Act and amounts to the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) & the UBC International & its subordinate Intermediary Council NERCC "legislating from the bench" to NEGATE or REMOVE said rights of Union Members to protect their "PROPERTY RIGHT" which run from the execution of one Contract (CBA) to another, and through subsequent extensions of the contract, during & through contract negotiations.

Neither the UBC or the DOL's ALJ or the NLRB Board in Washington DC can legislate these property rights away. Congress has not as of this date, amended the NLRA  to allow this to occur. Moreover, they are the only ones who can do this.

-------Once again Ted zones in on the applicable property points ( If they only knew it was like owning a car or a house protected by Labor Law ). Its yours fellas. Therefore the mehtodocal extorion of them in the name of Global Market conditions, supervision failed pro tem, Regional Council appointed eboard minions., A union mans jurisdictiional area protection swallowed up by the UBC with reduced rates and Trade Raiding. Spencer has made an ass out of the UBC with his dismall record.

And they blame it on you.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev. Al
Why is it ok to live in NJ or LI & hold a nycdcc union card & not for a carpenter from Ohio ? You border state maggots are in for big surprise & it's going to come real soon. Are you for or against full mobility, or just for certain states ? Out of towners go home !

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
Actually aren't they the cordwainers? I did love the bladder comment though. On the other hand have you hit the age yet where mens bodies change and some of them need to use the rest room for real? Did you ever go to work not feeling well and get abused for it? Were you abused for needing to use the rest room multiple times after eating break from the roach coach? If so, it was and is wrong. You seem brother to have fed into the companies line of one way to do things, which you obviously dont know, was fought in the teens and twenties. We have to stay longer now and with that come the illnesses and pain that come with age. We as BROTHERS have to stand up for a mans right to age and slow down, don't we? Please sir may I have another is not what UNION is about. I am still asking sir, why didn't you join 7 when you moved out there? I just think we should all join and work where we live.   It would not have affected your pension or annuity earned previously in the city.

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
Mike, I agree with most of what you said, but why then don't carps from fla and la and ma and kentucky even have NYC cards? My attitude is fine, you just don't agree with me. And agan, this is just a discussion. I'm not in charge but believe a Union member needs to be a memberwhere he/she is lives. The word LOCAL is not that difficult a word to understand. Thanks for reasonable discourse Mike. Take Care.
12345 ... 17