Out of Towners?

1 ... 567891011 ... 17

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
   That's what I thought Al. You're not really up to speed on the real issues NYCDCC members are facing. You're only into the single issue that affects you.And I never wrote that 5 borough tax paying members are the bad guys.When you want to help the brotherhood in our fight against the aggressive UBC supervision that's threatening our future I will be with you. Join the fight. Educate yourself. It's not too late.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
You wont be educating me. The raping of the 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAX is a non-negotiable issue. No bargains will be made and I reiterate, DO NOT VOTE for anyone who thinks that nycdcc cards should be given out like candy. 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING members have had enough + Walsh should take note. OUT OF TOWNERS GO HOME !

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
OK. Have fun with your single issue. I have other stuff to work on. Union related stuff . You wouldn't be interested.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Funny how non- 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING members dont like it when 5 BOROUGH TAXPAYING members stick up for themseves. OUT OF TOWNERS need to stay where they live + we'll do the same. Shouldn't that be the case seeing that we pay the bills ? Stop being the leeches+ maggots that you are + OUT OF TOWNERS GO HOME !

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
Rev Al,
    I don't mind that you stick up for yourself, but it does occur to me that you're not interested in union issues. Are you sure you're on the right site? This site is meant for union carpenters to communicate. Join the fight

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
Levi, this is most certainly a Union issue, and you saying it isn't doesn't make you right. Its just your opinion . Every time someone suggests something you disagree with, you try to poo poo the thing by pretending you're the single authority who decides what is and isn't a union issue. I'm a member, and so is Al, and so is BKLYN and we feel this is a real issue. If you disagree, fine, but don't set yourself up as telling others what is and isn't important and as the one and only trying to help his brothers and sisters.  Al is trying to help just as most of those who come to this site are. The individual decides for himself what is important, not you. If it is so unimportant to you, why do you keep posting about it? Me dost think you protest too much sir. This is a discussion about NYC taxpayers and you aren't one anymore so your self important attitude needs to go brother. Take Care.

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
  Tom,
   To be clear, I enjoy this dialogue with Rev Al. You can't call me a maggot or leech without expecting a jab or two.
   With so many pressing issues in our union it seems that dividing us is counterproductive. Are you aware that less than 20 members have responded to the R.O. on the proposed bylaws? We need to stop fighting each other and get on the same side. How can that be wrong?

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
Yeah I dig that Levi. And it sure has been amusing. We all know this will never come to pass, but the tax thing is the real issue here. But we'll never get the state leg to allow us to tax the suburbanites for working here. Take Care.

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
And by the way...mine was one of the first. Read post on this elsewhere.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
If nycdcc carpenters go on a dispatch systym will they only be allowed to register in the state they reside ? Residency is a issue that is not going away & OUT OF TOWNERS will not be able to bypass a taxpaying resident. I hope if this is true it will even the playing field for the 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING MEMBER. The IRS is watching all changes of residency due to different deduction allowances & every state will be going after their $$$$. Is this a game changer ? Something tells Rev Al that only residents will be on their respective states oowl. This if true evens the playing field & 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING MEMBERS should welcome this decision by the UBC. OUT OF TOWNERS GO HOME !

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
Yawn. Same old issue. Join the NYCDCC members in our fight against our aggressive international leadership before they fuck us over some more.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Jed & Boone from Kentucky are coming to get their nycdcc card & not pay 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAX. They decided to do so because they read on this blog they were welcome & could send $$$ back to Kentucky. The word is out & their a coming. Their sister from Alabama is also coming to the nycdcc for a card. Where will it stop nobody knows but this sleepy issue will soon be members #1 threat. If anyone doesn't think so your in for a big surprise !
yo

Re: Out of Towners?

yo
we all belong to the International carpenters get it you have a right to work anywhere the UBC has jurisdiction...
Just sign in and if ya can get a job... its yours.
and by the way the street you live on isnt owned by U

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
One thing is for sure though,when you get hurt on a jobsite you expect 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYERS to pay for NYPD,NYFD,EMS & anything else. You come to the city with napsacks & toolbags & expect everything to be paid on someone else's dime. You represent FULL MOBILITY at its worst but it looks as if times are changing. Border states of NY are in serious trouble & fuel is going to skyrocket. Home prices still have nowhere to go but down. Eventually,NYC will start cracking down on OUT OF TOWNERS taking jobs & nycdcc will be forced to. As I said before Jed,Boone & a large toothless Bettysue want to transfer or join into nycdcc. After all, if LI,NJ &PA dont have to pay 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAX why should Jed,Boone & Bettysue. 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING members are being fucked in every hole !   Rev Al also just got recent news that cousin Elmo is heading to NY for his nycdcc card. What a fucking joke that resembles the US's problem with iillegals. WAKE UP WE 5 BOROUGH LOCAL MEMBERS CANT AFFORD IT.

Re: Out of Towners?

Just saying
rev al, If you were to take out every nyc member that lives in the neighboring towns and counties then you wouldnt have a district council or many members for that matter,If you have a job i dare you to ask your fellow union members on your job where they live and i will bet you most of them live outside the nyc area. If a person is willing to commute, pay into commuting costs that the city gladly takes,eat foods in the city that the city gladly takes then who are you to say anything????. You picked a winner in a name <rev al> and just like the real rev al you sound like a total buffoon on this blog. dumb chimp

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
You sound like your a non paying LOCAL TAX MEMBER. Did you know Staten Islanders pay 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAX +13 $$$ for the bridge ? There is a very big storm coming because members are pissed. Yes, I have a job & pay 75$$ 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAX per wk. 3500 hits for this topic ,why dont you ask your jobsite ? Rev Al is a name that hasn't gone away & neither are we. Dont get too comfortable & we'll see who's in for a rude awakening.

Re: Out of Towners?

Just saying
rev al, i still work in the city and will continue doing so... Enjoy the out of work list you cry baby =)

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Guys like you are why I play hardball with this issue. If you OUT OF TOWNERS drive into work do you let the driver pay the tolls,parking,gas,ins,repairs & possible tickets all by himself ? 5 BOROUGH TAXPAYING members are getting the shaft & wait behind non LOCAL TAXPAYING members on OOWL. I stand firm on the words maggots & leeches. You make my arguement even stronger. Construction is going to slow down even further so 5 BOROUGH TAXPAYING members need to let NYC & NYCDCC that they are not going to stand for it.

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
Pay commuter costs that the CITY takes? You need to know what you're saying before you say it bud. If you live on LI your RR is subsidized by the excess toll money collected at the VZ bridge, the BBT and the QMT. You don't pay your full share for your commute, and the money doesn't go to NYC but to the MTA that regional abomination. Same goes if you live above the Bronx or in Conn. If you live in Jersey your toll money goes to that bastion of smart spending (HA) the Port Authority, again nothing to do with the City. And you did see the PA is raisng tolls again? By 25%. Take that commuters. Unreal nonsense from the PA.  The only reason we don't have more NYC members is the past racism and nepotism at the NYCDC. 25 years ago you couldn't get in without a sponsor and before that the books were closed entirely to the guy off the street. Our last three so called recruiting drives were a joke as the DC told the guy what local he would be sent to, whether that person wanted that kind of work or not, and only took 300 or so apps each time without any kind of public notice. How many got in because their uncle, father, neighbor got them in? And how many apprentices stayed out of the last three application processes? Not many because the deck is stacked against them ever learning anything while unloading trucks and moving material for four years. Your lousy ten dollars a day you spend on food means about as much to the city as your neighbor being willing to split a penny with you. It means absolutely nothing to NYC's bottom line. Think about it. Your fifty bucks a week compared to the huge NYC budget. Please make sense before knocking others. Know what you're saying please brother. We have plenty of NY'ers who would take your job and place in the union in a heartbeat so don't take it for granted. Join where you live and be a real union man building the UBC market share from the inside instead of taking what NY'ers have made. By the way, almost every one of the crooks and those who wont sign the ro's affidavit are from outside the 5 boros. You suburbanites have used NYC as a cash cow long enough. Just because Al is pissed doesn't make him wrong.Take Care.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
It now seems that the contractors are pushing 100% mobility. Where will that leave the 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING MEMBER ? The guys on the OOWL will only work when the contractors are deperate for manpower. They will use all the OUT OF TOWNERS they want to man their jobs & this will affect all members. Say no to all OUT OF TOWNERS & 100% MOBILITY & DO NOT JOIN LOCAL 395. If they do away with local 157 or if we are merged into 395 without a choice I will not work 1 day in LOCAL 395. All 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING members need to speak up NOW !
1 ... 567891011 ... 17