Out of Towners?

1 ... 45678910 ... 17

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
   Tom. We took an oath when we joined this brotherhood to help each other obtain union employment. That's what I'm talking about. I don't think just because we disagree Al is not a good union man. It's because he wants to freeze me out of my own local. I help brothers find jobs.That's something a good union man does.I carry the same card in my pocket as you do. If you don't want to live up to that oath turn in your card.I live well within the jurisdiction of the NYCDCC. I'm here to stay. There's nothing you can do about it.
     My posts have always been civil. Childish name calling takes credibility from Al's argument. I think you misunderstood my argument with Al. I assure you I am open minded. As I said, I have no problem with a commuter tax. Maybe you should pursue it. Or if you would rather fire off half cocked, angry,dim witted messages with no frame of reference you and Al should go fuck yourselves.

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
Levi, have you tried that? How exactly would one accomplish that? HHMMMM Maybe if our brothers in the suburbs would vote along the same lines as members in the 5 instead of pretending the repubs are for them then we might be able to pass a commuter tax. But we both know the suburb and upstate pols will never let that get through the ass and sen. Why the rest of the state gets to make decisions about NYC is beyond the scope of my imagination. And I think thats just what at least one guy said. Build the local where you live to get the work out there and in jersey pa conn upstate etc. LI isn't so much the issue . But going state to state taking work from the inhabitants there? I have an issue with that and I'm not even working anymore. Interesting topic. And I agree more tax money needs to stay in the city. So there!

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
and maybe LI needs to be annexed by the NYDCC seeing that the new mess they created is so big. That would solve some of it. But this idea that this city is here for the picking is pure bullshit. How much does the city need to give up? Our extra bridge and tunnel money already subsidizes the LIRR and Metro North. Why? Why can't suburbanites at least pay there own commute? Now be fucking polite brother. I think we should all be building the union wherever we live and in our daily lives. So is Jersey being closer than Indiana any different? If so, I dont see it. Make the UBC fight in Jersey for the work.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
LI doesn't  pay 5 borough LOCAL TAX. How are these leeches & maggots any different ? Are you for or against FULL MOBILITY ? The members in the other states would like to know.

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
    Tom, I agree with some of your post. Believe it or not I am for the commuter tax because it's fair and I always carry my own weight. Are you suggesting giving part of NYCDCC jurisdiction to another council? For what? To make it so all NYC carpenters live in NYC? Then force everyone else out? Sorry but that's bullshit and will never happen. I didn't set the boundaries of our jurisdiction.I didn't build this union and neither did you. It grew in NYC because that's where the market is.
     I don't care where a member is from, only that he carries a NYCDCC card.I'm willing to share the work with my brothers and sisters. That's what makes us a brotherhood. As a member who lives in his local's jurisdiction I can't see how you can have a problem with that.If I'm wrong or selfish or close minded I challenge you to explain how.

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom mcGuire
Yeah Levi I saw that you agree with a tax, but unfortunatelt brother we will never have enough votes in the state leg for that. Maybe NYCDC needs to be given all of LI . It seems like a lot of issues would be solved by that alone. I mean how big does that new council need to be? Levi, I don't have the answers. But I do know if you weren't someones son, brother , brother in law or ballicker you didn't get a card years ago, which is how we wound up with so many members who never had any interest in the city except what they could take from it. Sound like some of the people who just got tossed, indicted and even arrested?  Anyway I think the whole idea may go against the US Constitution and the act. Something tells me there is something about geography that pertains to this in the act.

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
     I don't have the answers either, but I'm more focused on union issues. Brothers hating brothers because of where they live is a problem. NYCDCC members need to be together in our fight against our UBC supervisors. They're here hijacking our pension fund, dissolving real locals, starting up a sweetheart local,trying to sell our real estate, selling out the membership in backroom negotiations, changing the bylaws and God knows what else. I don't know how involved you are but we need everyone in this fight. I think the courtroom is the most important place we can be on May 16. See  you there.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Some people seem to feel its  ok to work in the 5 boroughs as long as you have a nycdcc card. Sounds like FULL MOBILITY to me. Members in SI who pay 13 toll should remember that quote. How many cards are in OUT OF TOWNERS pockets. Are they even from the US ? Our own members have opened the floodgates , not Mcarron. STOP IT NOW !

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
Hey Levi, no hating, just searching for an equitable solution. Building the Union up where you live deosn't sit well with you? Why? How involved are you? Obviously not very or you would see the merit in this idea. How can attacking the whole nonunion tristate area with the number of carpenters at our disposal be a bad idea? How can you say you're against mobility when you live somewhere else?  Als right. you left because gas was cheap and your house was a better deal than in NYC, that was until they started choking you with taxes. Not my issue. I stayed here and so did Al . Guys who live upstate and in jersey and on li pass non union jobsites EVERY day in their own areas, so why not work there? Oh those are non union sites, but isn't that what union is about, taking the work in a LOCAL area? This isn't about you against me but about repairing the hiring issue corrupted and subverted by criminals and scumbags. Just because they put this current system in place a long time ago doesn't make it right. Customs and Practices from 40 years ago still pervade and maybe that was the beginning of the end for the NYC worker, but C and P doesn't make mobility a good thing. NYC needs workers who work here to pay taxes here. Levi, you're for a commuter tax? Then send a letter to  both your assembly person and senator to that effect and extoll the virtues of a commuter tax. Until you get another 22 assembly and 18 senate members to say yes it will go nowhere. Hire workers from the area in which you're building is a simple answer to NYC's and every other areas funding issues. And thats my last word on this issue, unless Al comes up with $100,000 to bring it to court.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev AL
Walsh & Mcarron need to make sure i's are dotted & t's are crossed because people are waching in city gov't & are ready to sue on behalf of the 5 borough LOCAL TAXPAYING member. Residency is a thorny issue with alot of bigshots & nycdcc is a great case study for staff & interns. OUT OF TOWNERS dont get too comfortable !

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev AL
Are you for or against FULL MOBILITY ?

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
I only have the answers I have provided. Cant say no more, cause there no more to say...for now!

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
If Mcarron is allowed to bring in FULL MOBILITY (which is allready here anyway) dont blame the 5 borough LOCAL TAXPAYING member. Have fun with the commuting $$$$$ & long trip. You guys make me sick & I hope your communities get raided like you did to ours. OUT OF TOWNERS GO HOME !

Re: Out of Towners?

RichardDorrough
McCarron is not bringing you FULL mobility he is bringing you 100% mobility. Two different things. You have full mobility already which means an member of a local affiliated with a council can put their name on a locals OWL and work in the Locals area. In your case the Councils OWL.

   Now with 100% Mobility a contractor can come to NY from say Las Vegas and bring his entire crew to NY and not have to hire a single local UBC member.That is now part of the new contract for Upstate and New Jersey. How he will get that past the consent decree rules is something you better watch for.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
I know all about it Rich. Your a good union guy & I respect you. I dont know if the OUT OF TOWNER really understands how much the 5 borough LOCAL TAX member is being squeezed. OUT OF TOWNERS dont pay the tax & sometimes go out ahead of us. Keep up the good union work & Rev Al will keep fighting on behalf of the 5 borough LOCAL TAXPAYING member. Peace to all !

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
Do you mean peace to all? Does that include your brothers and sisters of the NYCDCC who live on LI,within the jurisdiction of the DC? The ones you've been calling maggots and leeches?

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Levi doesn't get my vote & I hope all 5 borough taxpaying members do the same. Read his ideas on who should get a nycdcc card. I dont know about you but I think only 5 borough tax payers should hold nycdcc cards. Ask Levi what his position is again + again + the more he talks the more his position detiorates. Ask him how non tax paying LI is any different tax than NJ or PA ? Do you want all OUT OF TOWNERS to hold nycdcc cards ? All UBC members are trying to get 5 borough work. Dont vote for any candidate that holds Levi's position. OUT OF TOWNERS GO HOME !

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
BEFORE VOTING ASK ALL SLATES WHERE THEY STAND ON WHO SHOULD HOLD 5 BOROUGH NYCDCC CARD !

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
   Rev Al- I'm glad you asked me. I relish the opportunity to voice my opinion. I support and stand up for the rights of all NYCDCC members to work within their jurisdiction regardless of where they live. One thing I am NOT for is forcing members out of the NYCDCC because they don't live within the 5 boroughs.As I  have posted before I would even support a commuter tax because it's fair and I always carry my weight.
    UBC members from locals outside the NYCDCC are another issue for me. I believe they should wait until the OWL is below 2000 before they get referred to a job.This is a simple, sure fire way to build up our man hours and shore up our welfare fund which, by all accounts, is in dire straits.
    I will never get Al's vote because he seems to be stuck on his one issue which we disagree on but I can live with that. There are many,more important issues we are facing now that Al doesn't seem to give a shit about. McCarron has placed himself on the Board of Trustees to our Pension Fund, dissolved local 608, talked about 100% mobility, LU395,selling our real estate, and most recently he has put forth a proposal for the new bylaws that contains a ton of utter bullshit. And there's more.
    Those are some of the real issues. It's an uphill battle but I'm up for the fight. What are you doing Al, besides criticizing members who don't live in NYC?

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Oh, so now the 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING members are the bad guys. We're not buying into it + dont feel just anyone should be able to get a nycdcc card. 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING members have had enough just in time for the ballot box. DO NOT VOTE FOR ANY CANDIDATE OR SLATE that wants to fuck the 5 BOROUGH LOCAL TAXPAYING member. FUCK THEM at the vote + send a strong message that all OUT OF TOWNERS GO HOME !
1 ... 45678910 ... 17