Out of Towners?

1 ... 3456789 ... 17

Re: Out of Towners?

Joel Cook
Politicians.. LOL.. Why dont yall just do it?  Get the popular support and make it happen!

Re: Out of Towners?

Jerseyguy
Just wondering, as a 15 year member of 157 from NJ, what exactly do you expect from us?  Should we hand in our cards, our pension credits, what about our annuities, maybe I could write you a check?  I mean seeing how I've never done anything but leech off hard working men and women from Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn and Staten Island, all of who work in Manhattan.  You want to change the rules after the game started, and you cant.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
I just want to do the right thing & not worry about how much time as elapsed & was it lawfull in the first place. The nycdcc was & still is corrupt & was very greedy for dues $$$. It's never too late to right a wrong & thats what courts are for. It sounds as if you agree in principal but not with the time period. I feel bad for you guys but this movement to correct the crooked nycdcc is moving full speed ahead. Time for all out of towners to go home. Are you for or against FULL MOBILITY ?

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
No Joel, you miss the point. Not one of the LI or Upstate pols would vote yes on commuter tax, especially in this down economy. Thats a fact. Something that might be good for NYC decided by people who don't live here. And to Jersey Guy, no not at all a leach, but how can you not see the logic behind my proposal? And such a move to a Jersey local where you live would not affect pension or annuity at all. Those are yours and NOONE can take them, nor does anyone propose taking them. You work hard and deserve what is in your package. Joining the local where you live and working in your home state are not preposterous desires. Tell me brother jersey, are you in favor of Indiana carpenters working here before NYC carpenters? Of course you're not. So why is the idea of NYC residents working first such a stretch for you? Because Jersey happens to be closer?

Re: Out of Towners?

BKLYN
And Al is on the nose about the dues money thing. Most of these guys signed up guys just for the increased dues coming in. And if you read the rest you'll see that I also propose phasing this in over years. Or if it has to be radical then we go Als route, which if won, would force an immediate change of some sort. I wonder...

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Its quite clear that people who moved away from 5 boroughs years ago did so only because there was cheap fuel. The days of cheap fuel are over & nearby out of towners are suffering because their homes will see no more gains, just ongoing losses. Nassau was taken over, NJ is a tax nightmare & PA has been a dead asset for years. Suffolk county cops salaries are beyond belief & schools in the suburbs have more gangs than nyc. Here is a Rev AL prediction, NJ could possibly default & others follow. Tolls are soon being set up on east river crossings because of you leaches. The days of cheap fuel are over & soon your time will be up at nycdcc also. One thing is for sure , the joy of living away from the 5 boroughs has now turned into a nightmare. We were so happy when mostly white trash moved out of the 5 boroughs but we were hoping the new out of towners would stay there. When gas goes to 6 $$$ let me know how thats working for ya. Live & work where you are & stop leaching off the 5 borough taxpayer.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Out of towners go home !

Re: Out of Towners?

member
I guess we just give nassau county south of southern state parkway (local 45 territory) including all the Beach's (Jones to lido) to the new Eastern regional council and any other areas that are not in the five borrows. lets just make a law that Americans cant work more than 20 miles from where there born. How about you can't become a carpenter or any job unless your father did it. communism at its best. Good luck with your fight.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
It's about the unfairness of the tax asshole. Go back to exit 70 on the LIE. OUT OF TOWNERS GO HOME !

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Are you for or against FULL MOBILITY LI,NJ,PA ?

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
Rev Al-  I respect people's right to remain anonymous unless they are disrespectful and abusive. I doubt you would call people "asshole" or "maggot" if they knew who you were. You sound like a coward. And your issue is dead. Ha.

Re: Out of Towners?

Jerseyguy
My Problem with all of this is that I am a member of local 157, not a member of an Indiana local.  I want to work as a union carpenter, not a scab house framer.  The sad fact of Jersey construction is that the jobs are not there.  Furthermore, the money is not there.  I'm trying to make a living here, just like everyone else.  New York is a mega city, it needs out of state workers.  Just because times are bad is no reason to throw good brothers and sisters out on their ass.  Times wont always be bad, and the day will come again when the demand for employees outweighs that of the supply.  But I guess short sighted wisdom says kick out well qualified carpenters for the sake of short term employment gain.

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
The issue is FULL MOBILITY. Are you for or against it, & do you want other states to come to nyc also ?

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
   LI is in NYS. Would you like to rephrase your question before I answer?

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Look Levi, I wont use LI,NJ ,PA as my framework on this issue anymore. I dont care where the out of towners come from. The issue is 5 borough members that pay LOCAL TAX are getting the short end of the stick. This issue is far from dead Levi (over 2000 hits ) & I could give a rats ass if you approve of my posts. Leaches & maggots are what you guys are & many guys agree. Foot the bill before you tell 5 borough LOCAL TAX payers how to think. We'll see the likes of you in court & win. We are also well backed & confident. Go to hell & OUT OF TOWNERS GO HOME no matter where the fuck your from !

Re: Out of Towners?

Levi
You're in the minority Al. NYC is my local's jurisdiction. I'm here to stay. Why don't you have a commuter tax? That would make it fair to everyone. You're not living up to your oath. You're  not a good union man.
owl

Re: Out of Towners?

owl
before i took a union card  at the time i was working on long island at the time i didnt realize how prejudice l.i was against city people.  now at that time i wouldnt take a union card i just didnt want to be part of the union thats all. now three times this happen. l.u 7 would approach me and give me that b.s live better if you work union speech. so after being approached for the 20th time about union i finally said ok ill sign up union.the guy opens his book and ask where i live,i say queens his face turns white and he tells me oh i should go and join the city local turns his back on me and walks away.this happen three times three different ba`s. now everytime one of these ba`s came on a job they would approach everyone but me. you want to be in a city local move to the city till then city work should go to city people first i only want to practice what l.i and nj practice

ever notice the gun accidents that happen in the city with the cops where they grew up and live

suffolk county police dept is advertising for new cops from the city.reason ?? they are selling the test

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Do not underestimate how many non LOCAL TAX paying nycdcc card holders will support FULL MOBILITY. Many company men are also for FULL MOBILITY & are OUT OF TOWNERS. It's time for 5 borough members who pay the LOCAL TAX to put pressure on the city & nycdcc. Tell WALSH & BERMAN that the 5 borough LOCAL TAXPAYER is going to put pressure on them to change the way it does buisness.

Re: Out of Towners?

Tom McGuire
Levi, hes only in the minority because our DC is loaded with out of towners, plain and simple. There was a time in the not distant past wherein NYC residents were almost locked out of the NYDCC and it was full of out of towners. The only reason they ever opened the books to the public was to appease the govt and thats a fact. You people from other places think my city owes you something. Well it and we don't owe you jack shit. Get out of my city and join where you live. Or would that harm you? Perhaps like having all you foreigners working here harms all NYC residents. Where do you pay your mortgage? Taxes? Tuition? Go work where you live. Once money leaves NYC it NEVER comes back as can be seen in the tax disparity paid to the state by NYC residents. The NYC worker gets fucked by you suburbanites at every turn and you think we shouldn't be pissed at you? Go build the local where you live and be a good union man. Thats what a good union man does, he builds it up where he lives. Otherwise what exactly are you doing Levi that makes you a good union man as opposed to Al? Hes not a good man because he disagrees with you? What a crock of shit you spew. You talk out of both sides of your mouth Levi. Bklyn and Al have the right idea, but who has the money for jackass lawyers? I didn't know we all had to agree with you to be good union men. Just like all the rest, either agree with me or you're scum. What a crock. That was mikey frauds deal, so are you like him? And like some employers? Only one right way to do things?

Re: Out of Towners?

Rev Al
Maggots & leaches always try & rationalize & justify their position but it always loses in court. These OUT OF TOWNERS are in for a big surprise. Just how long before a new day dawns on this issue at nycdcc ? Dont get too comfortable OUT OF TOWNERS !
1 ... 3456789 ... 17