* Over 30,000 People Rally in New York City (NYPD estimated 32,500), including organized contingents of workers, students, and other members of “the 99%”
* Actions in at least 30 cities across the country and around the world
* Commemoration of 2-Months Since Birth of the 99% Movement, Festival of Lights on Brooklyn Bridge
* Blockade of all Entry-Points to NYSE; hundreds participate in nonviolence civil disobedience
* Sense that a powerful and diverse civic movement for social justice is on the ascent
Tens of thousands took action Thursday, November 17 to demand that our political system serve all of us — not just the wealthy and powerful. The NYPD estimated tonight’s crowd at 32,500 people, at the culmination of the day of action. Thousands more also mobilized in at least 30 cities across the United States. Demonstrations were also held in cities around the world.