New website

Danny Green
I am in the midst of producing a new website. Richard Durroughs site is too stagnant and does not get the brothers and sisters true intentions out there. It's time to make an impact

Re: New website

forrest gump
keep writing about these company scumbags + if you can name the scumbags + the scumbag contracters

Re: New website

Local 45
Danny do you own a business? If you did should you not have the right to hire who you want?

Re: New website

Danny Green
I will. And this is why my web/blog/journalism will have legs to stand on because there's an abundance of company rats out there, especially these local 7 cunts that at this point are still local 7 or have transferred over to 157...companies like island acoustic and Donaldson who bring these carpet baggers in. Thats just a few.

Re: New website

Local 45
Your behind your times danny because local 7 is local 290 now, happened over a year ago. Answer the question please, do you own a business and if so dont you have the right to hire who you want, when you want, for how long you want?

Re: New website

Danny Green
Local 45, then what is the purpose of the union? 32 BJ although the wages of their employees are no where near the number of ours they fight for their workers, every management companies try to foil the unions plan and toss a worker to the side. But 32 BJ 99.9 percent of the time keeps their OWN in there. If companies do not hire UNION men, then what's to stop the companies from saying to their own "hey looks like its only my guys, I think it's time for a demotion" weren't unions created to fight the proletarians? It distinguished us from the slugs who were forcing people to work in unruly enviroments. If I had a business I'd want to make money and there are rules to making money companies are just breaking those rules. So local 45, what will you do when there's no more union and now you're up against a 12 dollars an hour smile with fake gold teeth and tan leather skin?

Re: New website

Local 45
danny all company men are union men, you do understand that? Company men are the ones that proved to there contractors that they have the training and the knowledge to keep there jobs and as well make them money. There are also hall guys that are very good carpenters but never like to work with one company because they enjoy networking ,change of scenery,different type of work and pace. Then there are hall guys that are just plain horrible and dont deserve to be in the union since they in no fashion contribute to the union or contractors. Usually those are the members that constantly cry and complain about not working. Instead of constantly crying on this blog danny try finding a job, try to network,maybe an improvement in your work ethic and skills will help.

Apply yourself in all aspects of this business including union and as well as contractor understanding of how this business works. Instead of bad mouthing multiple contractors emphasis your energy on yourself because once this contract goes through only the strong will survive and the weak wont. In all businesses whether its construction,medical,law,sports, etc the more talented make it and the less talented dont I wish everyone the best of luck including myself but for us to be strong we must have strong members to continue producing and providing quality work.

Company men are also the ones who contribute alot to the union especially in monetary contributions which keeps our union in motion and alot of us as well contribute alot to our locals, not all of us are "on our knees" as you previously stated. To keep this union strong also we have to be envolved in both aspects "union and contractors best interest".

Danny if there were no company men and the "hall men" cant keep there jobs then what would we have? would there even be a union? wouldnt we all be working for 15 dollars an hour, no benefits and a reach around once a week from your girlfriend? =)

Re: New website

BLARNEY SCUM
irish lads are the worst and also take cash + dont call in jobs. they destroyed the union + their boys are going to jail. fuckem

Re: New website

Danny Green
Local 45, you make excellent points. But they don't apply to my skill or work ethic. I've been around long enough to know that a majority of company men are either friends, family or minorities. See local 45 what you're doing is rationalizing, you are a lemming. You're the same guy who cranks up the radio and laughs at an apprentices inexperience instead of guiding them. I'd like to point out also that In my experience local 45 hasn't been looked into that seriously but I know an abundant number of cash rats in that local also believe me as soon as the Feds get bored they're delving into the other boroughs as well. And as for local 7 I know they merged with the northeast region I was just use to acknowledging them as local 7. And as far as I go. I've run work. And I've always made sure I worked as hard for a company as if I was working for my own business name. So local 45, do not slew meaningless words on an attempt to demoralize me. We are not all listless sloths you will be on the shit end soon enough.

Re: New website

batman + robin
name all the scumbag shops. go danny go

Re: New website

IN TOWN
local 45 you should be working for minium wage. us owl and hall guys know how it works you get to work all year round and we get to starve  where do the hall guys get hired from
and would you mind hooking me up with your connections

i was doing carpentry for 15 yrs before i was recruited into taken  a union card.  so please explain again how my skills are no good

company guys are the unions soul back bone ???

Re: New website

IN TOWN
blarney i worked for one company that had 5 west indies guys working for them. they were working o/t that not even the s/s knew about.when the s/s noticed work that wasnt done the day b4 he asked them if they worked o/t they would not answer him.

hows that

Re: New website

Danny Green
Local 45, you're only talking because you've secured your job with the proper lip action. You think because you have some consistency with work that makes you better? You're the same guy who'd crawl into a fetal position when the coalition would walk on the job. You talk now, some day you'll be on the other side.

Re: New website

BLARNEY SCUM
dont get me started with those island motherfuckers.some only have 2 pension credits + the woman are the biggest rug munchers ever created. expose them to the feds

Re: New website

Local 45
"intown" i rather put on a carpenter who shapes a job then a carpenter off the out of work list. If more carpenters shaped my job i would put those guys on before i put on a guy who is just sitting on the list, i respect a carpenter more that is hungry and will go out there looking for work then a carpenter who sits at home on a blog site complaining all day. Companies only have so many men and have to put on guys off the list, who shape or recommendations from other local,company guys. If you RE-READ my last blog you will read that i said there are "hall guys that are good carpenters that do not like working for one outfit because they like the change in type of work<concrete,finishwork, ceilings,drywall>,pace,company<called networking>etc. and some hall guys are worthless and shouldnt be in the union. Some dont like hearing shit like this but just because you hold a card does not make you a true union member. I do what i have to do for my contractor and i do what i have to do for my union so i play both sides and thats how it should be. Yes company men are the back bone of this industry in many ways and true local/union guys are also the back bone of our union, both play different roles but they both should be combined. The problem is instead of "us" against them its us against us and as well as against them and thats not how it should be.

Members should see what the contractors need as well see what we need as members and as a union as a whole. Them getting full mobility should not be a big deal since they are the ones hiring and they should be able to hire who they want when they want. Us getting a raise instead of a cut is huge, us getting automatic matches for any out of town member is a huge as well, us maintaining competitiveness at monetary face value is also key, what other way would you want it?  LET ME GUESS?? 50 percent raise? no full mobility,paid vacations,sick days,longer coffee and lunch breaks,blow jobs from the local crack head that the union and contractor will pay for, CMON!

All our "hall" members are worried about full mobility but how many company men do you think companies have? you think these big contractors dont dip into the owl?referrals?resumes?Danny you were a foreman? i seriously doubt you were a foreman for anyone. The way you present yourself as a union member thru out this blog site doesnt scream out as you being an educated person or even bright, something a good union member and foreman needs.

Re: New website

IN TOWN
shit i shaped up jobs just to be told 2 weeks 2 weeks 2 weeks had my girl driiving me around all morning to jobs. called every company in the blue book. i agree with most you just said . we need to produce for the companies i agree

as far as raises go 50 %, no . i wish they would have left everything as it was as far as pay scale and benes go no  to cuts just leave everything as is. i can make do on 44 an hour.  60/40  60 owl 40 company or how about company guys get prevailing wage no union card unless they go on the owl. blow jobs from the local crack head Naaa i hope things arent that bad  lol

anybody who lives outside the 5 boros are to be put last on the list till us city guys are hired first. fuck n.,j and l.i   city local for city people,  ya know something all contract work should go to city companies before outside the boros am i talking like a company guy lol

i go to union meetings missed the last couple for personal reasons but other wise i go.i even went to one court date. ill help

Re: New website

Local 45
danny, im not a family member,a friend or a minority and when i started working for the contractor im working for currently i came off the list, So what category do i fall into? Its funny how pretty much every company guy i know came off the list,was a referral or became a company guy by doing there whole apprenticeship for this contractor.Very few are related or are friends of the owners and i mean a handfull if even that much. Company guys always have the same old stories and so do our hall guys.

Hall guys complain how company rats are ruining our business, and company guys complain how hall rats are ruining our union with lack of work ethic and skill<for the most part>.

Bottom line is company men and the real good, talented,hustling hall men will survive. The garbage little by little will be forced out.

Re: New website

Local 45
INTOWN. i had a good carpenter that i hired over a year ago tell me a story the other day that i think can be beneficial to you, This carpenter i hired said the same thing, that a foreman would tell him to come every two weeks but this carpenter i hired would tell this foreman that " ill pass by tomorrow" even after the foreman would tell him dont come back till another two weeks. this guy would literally go to this foremans job every single morning at 630 am until he was put on and he told me would get jobs like this all the time. You have to pick a good sized job and show up every single day until your put on. Feel the foreman out. See what kind of person he is when you talk to them. Youll know who will give you a shot eventually and who wont. Some foremans are pricks and wont give you the time of day but sometimes even those pricks will see how dedicated you are to be given just one shot that one day he might have a few people call in sick and hes in a crunch and needs an extra hand or two <ive been in that situation way to many times> Dont quit, keep shaping, shape it more then once a day if you have to, he might just give you a shot just to shut you up and whatever happens after that is in your court

Re: New website

Words
  Danny Green says..."I've been around long enough to know that a majority of company men are either friends, family or minorities."

How long is long enough?

 Do you know what the word majority means?  I suppose  if all the company men have been working together, earned their jobs,  continue to produce at a rate to keep the company in business , and then became friends, then they would be the majority on jobs.   I'm not sure, but half the posts you reply to, start , or try to sneak a final word into are riddled with incoherent babble, and make me wish there was an option to selectively remove certain posters from the content I can view.

Please start your website  and put all  your made up facts and forum trolling there.  Or at least acknowledge that the MAJORITY of what you post is just your angry opinion.

Re: New website

IN TOWN
thank you
12