New contract-Give me a break.

Donny Arana
Lets not overlook the 20% pay cuts on res & hotel work 20 stories or less in manhatten and on all res & hotels no matter what size in the boros. This is a large part of our work. The first year will have no raise but the first year will enforce the 20% pay cut on a large part of our work. This may not seem like a big deal but it is huge, it will affect you immediately and you will say what the f and it will be to late by then . Dont become blinded by the 2 dollar pay raise in the second year-what happened to the first year and the 2.13 an hour that is owed to us from jan 1st??? Is it just to be forgotten???? I guess you really do think we are stupid???Full mobility hinges on the judges approval-(GIVE ME A BREAK) OUR REPS AND DELEGATES ARE SELL OUTS IF THEY APPROVE THIS-THEY SHOULD NOT LEAVE IT UP TO THE JUDGE HE IS NOT OUR REP OR DELEGATE- OUR REPS SHOULD NOT CONCIDER THIS(it should never make it to the judge for consideration if our reps are doing their job) ,IF IT PASSES THE JUDGE IS NOT TO BLAME OUR REPS NEGOTIATED THIS CONTRACT NOT THE JUDGE- AND IF OUR DELEGATES APPROVE IT THEY ARE TO BLAME NOT THE JUDGE< THE JUDGE IS NOT A UNION MAN OR WOMEN OUR REPS AND DELEGATES ARE AND GET PAID TO REPRESENT US> We arent that stupid and easy to fool anymore. Are reps and delegates will be held accountable-GET YOUR TOOL BELTS OUT OF THE GARAGE AND GO BUY SOME TOOLS UNLESS YOU CAN GET ALL THE RUST & CORROSION OFF THEM- you are in the process of failing the membership

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

24yr member
Donny have you ever built anything I mean all we hear from you is bashing everything anyone is trying to do ,do you think the $4.25 paycut was for real I`m glad these guys finally stood up and got rid of it,they were promised full mobility at the last contract from your guy Mike Forde the one who your local backed blindly(yourself included)just because he was Irish,the contractors were not going to move on this should we strike during the worst times that some of us have seen in over 30yrs???What do you bring to the table it always seems like your bashing somebody do you have an answer????or do you have to wait till Joe Firth tells you what to say.....I am not happy with the contract but I also am not happy with the economy,I heard your speech at the rally you said and I am paraphasing we have some good guys who work at this council too, can you tell me who they are??? I would like to hear your opinion......Pete

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

Donny Arana
Yes I have to wait to see what joe firth tells me to do first,as you already know I am a puppet with no balls. And your right I have never done nothing for the union I am all talk. I am not actively involved in every aspect of removing the crooks and getting good people to represent the membership. I never go to the courthouse and speak to the judge on behalf of the rank and file membership and exposing the problems with the ubc and the nycdcc. I never speak up at union meetings and call the clowns that run the meeting on their bullshit. I never spoke out and called Spencer and Ballyntine on their dictatorship ways right to their faces. I never helped organize rank and file rallys for solidarity -and rallys against pay cuts. I never speak up at Dennis Walshes or ROMAC meetings. I never forced Ballentyne and Derricco to give me a list of all the appointed Delegates with the help of Dennis Walsh and post them on all the websites showing the members that these delegates need to be changed because a majority of them are all Ford cronies and payed employees. Maybe we can hook up and you can point me in the right direction.

February 17, 2011

John Ballantyne
395 Hudson Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY  10014

Dear Sir and Brother,

I am a member of Local 157 since the dissolution of Local 608 on 12/14/2010. I hereby request a list of all current delegates from all the constituent local unions of the New York District Council of Carpenters.  I acknowledge these Delegates are currently in place for informational purposes only, pursuant to the supervision imposed by General President Douglas McCarron on August 09, 2009. I previously made a similar request at a regular meeting of Local 608 which was not complied with.

While some of the delegates from the former Local 608 were elected, some were appointed. Having attended previous nomination meetings, I have witnessed members nominated and subsequently elected unopposed. It should be noted that at these nomination meetings, a climate of fear and intimidation was created by the rare attendance of former EST Michael Forde in concert with the then current leadership of Local 608. Their acts at theses meetings effectively eliminated any opposition to their nominated candidates. As you know, the same leadership has since been indicted, plead guilty, jailed and/or removed from their positions due to the events brought to light since the imposition of the supervision.

I also request that it be specified which delegates were elected and which were appointed, and who made the appointments as reflected in the corresponding meeting minutes.

Respectfully Submitted,

Donald Arana
123 abc Street
Bethpage, NY 10014
(516)

Cc: Review Officer Dennis Walsh

Local Union 20

        Arnold, Glenn X
        Cirillo, Larry X Appointed by C. Wallace
        Green, John X
        Malandro, Peter X
        O'Niel Jr., William X
        Wallace, Christopher X

Local Union 45

        Antonucci, Sal X
        Flash, Martin X
        Gibbs, Wayne X
        Rodin, Michael X
        Sessa, Daniel X
        Tyzner, Paul X Appointed Exec. Delegate by J. Ballantyne
        Weinrich, Jarrett X

Local Union 157

         Harrignton, Michael X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
         Ibric, Ramadan X
         Philbin, Steve X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        Brosnan, Sean X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        Demorato, Daniel X
        D'Errico, Lawrence X
        Kennedy, Cory X
        LaMontagne, George X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        Lauer, Joe X
        Lydon, Martin X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        Maloney, John X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        Matthrews, Gerald X
        McInnis, Steven X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        McKeon, Thomas X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        McWilliams, Ed X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        Prass, Gladstone X
        Prestia, Stephen X
        Pugliese, Anthony X
        Romano, Anthony X
        Sgroi, Elizabeth X
        Sheehy, John X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        Spicer, Elly X Appointed by Lawrence D'Errico
        Tuccillo, Richard X

Local Union 740

        Cavanaugh , John X
        Cavanaugh, Michael X
        Ippolitti, Frank X Appointed by John Cavanaugh
        Montgomery, John X
        Walcott, Daniel X

Local Union 926

        Albanese, Joseph X
        Campbell, Shaun X Appointed by Joe DiNapoli
        DiNapoli, Joseph X
        Dunbar, Daniel X
        Holtz, John X
        James, George X
        Mejia, Manfredo X
        Monje, Andrew X
        Sabatino, Joseph X

Local Union 1456

        Harkin, Adam X Appointed by Charles Harkin
        Harkin, Charles X Appointed by Charles Harkin
        Ostrander, Rick X Appointed by Charles Harkin
        Reiche, Robert X Appointed by Charles Harkin
        Rioux, Louis X Appointed by Charles Harkin
        Tucker, James X Appointed by Charles Harkin
        Wilson, Robert X Appointed by Charles Harkin

Local Union 1536

        Bailey, Sam X
        Barresi, Dominick X
        Geiger, Joseph X
        King, Thomas X
        Parzych, Christopher X Appointed by Joseph Geiger

Local Union 2090

        Clayton, Walter X
        Ellis, James X
        Rachiele, Giancarlo X
        Urizar, Hector X
        Korculanic, Neven X Appointed by James Ellis
        Villalta, Robert X Appointed by James Ellis

Local Union 2287

        Belford, Scott X
        Berman, Barry X
        Campell Jr., David X Appointed by John McGrath Jr.
        Fleming, Kevin X Appointed by John McGrath Jr.
        Fragliosi, James X
        Jimenez, Joseph X Appointed by John McGrath Jr.
        McGrath Jr., John X
        Smith, James X

Local Union 2870

         Lawrence, Andres X
         Lorvil, Rony X
        Lajca, John X
        Lopez Jr., Victor X
        Marino, Frank X
        Peters, William X
        Powers, Helfa X
        Richardson Sr., Ronald X

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

608
I do not remeber you calling Gerry Gausman out on the bullshit meetings, I do remember you getting caught in a lie when you tried to make yourself look good at the expense of others.
And no one thinks that you are doing anything at the meetings but campaigning.
Didn't you say that you did not care if other members wished to speak, that you would shout them down to keep repeating the same thing over and over again.
Everyone knows that you are nothing but a self serving rat, you and Gerry have been jumping on every bandwagon for years.
And you have never answered the big question, why did you do nothing to fight the dissolution of local 608, do you honestly think that any ex608 member is going to vote for a guy who sold us out?
Didn't you ask to be on that stupid committee to help with the transfer of 608 members out of their local?
You are nothing but a loudmouth prick with no balls who likes to hear himself talk.
All you ever did was throw stones, you have no answers.

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

Donny Arana
At least I have balls to post my name-some thing you cant do.na na na na naaaa

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

John O'Neill
I agree with 608, if all you are looking for is a name, there it is, now answer the questions

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

John O'Neill
I agree with 608, if all you are looking for is a name, there it is, now answer the questions

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

ROBERT KWIECINSKI
THE ISSUE IS NOT THIS SMALL TIT FOR TAT BULLSHIT GOING ON HERE. THE ISSUE IS YOU ARE GETTING SCREWED BY THE UBC ON YOUR CONTRACT. THIS IS WHAT YOU GUYS SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT. YOU NEED TO DECERTIFY THE UBC AND START YOUR OWN DEMOCRATIC UNION FREE OF MCCARON. THIS WAY YOUR WORRIES WILL BE OVER. THE MEMBERSHIP WILL STEER ITS UNION. ALL CONTRACTS WILL BE MOLDED AND VOTED ON BY THE MEMBERSHIP. IF YOU GUYS DON'T WANT THIS YOU MUST LIKE BEING WALKED AROUND ON A DOG LEASH. THIS IS WHAT YOU DESERVE IF YOU DON'T MAKE THE MOVE TO SAVE YOURSELVES AND YOUR UNION.

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

procity
im back on the unemployment line after two months work.ill take the pay cut if it keeps me working all year round . i cant afford to talk like the company guys new jersey guys and long island guys who work all yr round in the city

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

Robert Kwiecinski
What you don't understand is that a paycut wil not get you more work. It will make you poorer. Never give back, hold your standard of living. What you should be doing is screaming your head off at the next UBC meeting about Spencer's organizers, they are a failure just like he is. This is your answer remove Mccaron, Spencer, Capelli and Ballentyne and restore rank and file negotiators along with the membership vote. The way to do this is DECERTIFICATION. Do your homework, get active ,to change your situation. NO ONE IS GOING TO GIVE YOU ANYTHING. FIGHT FOR IT. GET OFF YOUR ASS.   www.newjerseycarpentersunited.com

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

ceilings
Have to say if we get a pay cut and the only trade that takes one I will stop helping layout other trades work and tell them they better learn how to work the the tape. Im a little sick and tired of being treated like shit when it comes to other trades. WE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT MEN OUT THERE WE GET IT DONE.....

Re: New contract-Give me a break.

12.5 base raise over the lenth of the contract-minus the 20% pay cut and the full mobility. Why would our reps even consider this and if our delegates vote yes to this contract they should be shot. All hotel and res jobs under 20 stories in manhattan get 20 % pay cuts and all hotel & res jobs in the boros to get 20 % pay cuts no matter what size they are. Are we smart enough to know all other jobs will put in as PLA jobs which all ready recieve 12 % pay cuts. Are our paid dc employees going to take pay cuts as well??? GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THIS GARBAGE DEAL THAT ARE REPS NEGOTIATED FOR US!!!GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THIS GARBAGE DEAL THAT ARE REPS NEGOTIATED FOR US!!!GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THIS GARBAGE DEAL THAT ARE REPS NEGOTIATED FOR US!!!OUR DELEGATES BETTER NOT APPROVE THIS CONTRACT>